Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Brake fluid flush

Yo Nadz

First track day coming up mid April. Planning to flush the brake fluid with SRF beforehand. I’d like to do this myself, but I don’t have any special tools other than a buddy to help with the old school “pump pump pump hold” process, which I’ve done a million times on other cars. I’ve read multiple articles about the braking system being brake by wire. If I disconnect the battery can these brakes still be bled the old school pump pump pump hold way?

Yep the brakes can still be bled the old fashioned way. Even though there is a brake by wire system, the brake pedal is mechanically connected to the master cylinder. I did it that way last year in prep for the track and I will be doing it the same way this year.

Funny, I am researching a mityvac system to quickly change fluid. I have a Ducati Panigale and I need to flush that every 5,000 miles. Plus the Caddy, I need better tools than a hand pump.

I do 97% of all service and repairs (4 drivers and 7 cars) and this power bleeder is one of my favorite tools. It made a tedious 2 person task into an easy 1 person job. I get one wheel started and monitor while I do other things.

When ATE offered the blue dyed fluid it was great to alternate between amber and blue to easily identify when the process was done. I now use a petroleum tracing dye from Kingscote to make my own ever so slightly blue fluid.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back