Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Having trouble preparing 4BW for upcoming track days

Kanetch

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V BW
Set appointment for Firestone lifetime alignment, removed factory brake shields and installed Cadillac provided track ducts and shields. The trouble began today after I bled the brakes. As others have instructed, I disconnected the battery first and then bled the system with my Motive power bleeder. Afterward, I’m getting illuminated dash “Brake” light, check engine light, ESC light, and ”brake system failure” warning me I can only drive 43 mph. The brake system is also making a clicking noise like a turn signal when brake pedal Is pressed. Dealer can’t get me in until Thursday and I’m wondering what I did. First track day is Monday the 4th. I do not have any scanning ability.

Start the car, hold the brake pedal all the way down for about 20-30 seconds and I suspect it will reset and work well - do a test drive (and the check engine icon will go away a few driving sessions later.)
Thanks! You we’re correct, everything cleared and works as it should. Now I’ll just give the check engine light a few days.

Thanks! You we’re correct, everything cleared and works as it should. Now I’ll just give the check engine light a few days.
You can always disconnect the battery for a bit or, overnight to reset it as well.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back