Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwings starting to move?

Looking pretty good indoors! Think this is one of those colors you'll need to see in person to make a judgement on.

View attachment 14402haven't see a car in person yet in this color but I thought the midnight steel swatch had the largest variation in appearance when going from indoor to natural light. I would have ordered this color if the swatch looked this good in natural light.

I have black exterior on my BW and definately a lot of paint correction that needs to be had. Has anyhow seen how well midnight steel or similar grey does with scratches and swirls? Can u see them or does the dark grey hide them well?

I have black exterior on my BW and definately a lot of paint correction that needs to be had. Has anyhow seen how well midnight steel or similar grey does with scratches and swirls? Can u see them or does the dark grey hide them well?
I think it'll hide it. I finally saw the old Shadow Metallic and think thats slightly darker than new Midnight Steel.

Looks like blackwings are finally starting to ship. Very exciting. Someone posted on one of the blackwing Facebook pages saying their 23 ct4v Blackwing got delivered. Car number 46-0015. Hopefully they can get them out quickly. I’m tired of waiting.
Nope!!! Glad a few of you got them though! Nice to hear you're enjoying them!

Nope!!! Glad a few of you got them though! Nice to hear you're enjoying them!
I see a bunch of 4BWs showing up in dealer inventory or in-transit but they all look like dealer stock vehicles since most have all the boxes ticked including all those dealer-installed options (cargo net, etc.) that takes a $60k car to over $76k with no carbon fiber. Meanwhile the customer ordered cars seem to take forever.

I think it'll hide it. I finally saw the old Shadow Metallic and think thats slightly darker than new Midnight Steel.
I think "a lot darker" is a better descriptor of the delta between the two, at least comparing the two samples at the dealer it was.

I think "a lot darker" is a better descriptor of the delta between the two, at least comparing the two samples at the dealer it was.
I have a Shadow in my garage and the Midnight in the video bears little resemblance. Part of It could be the camera settings used in the video. I do agree that this one really needs to be seen in person and outdoors. It will look darker in natural light. My car looks gray outside and much more blue under flourescent lights.

Not sure those are real photos. If they are, someone is going to be very disappointed when they go to hit the V button and it is not there.
Those look like stock photos from the configurator. The windows sticker lists the performance steering wheel, which comes included when you get the upgraded seats. I have no idea why it is even an option on a Blackwing. My car has the standard seats, so it is was $500 charge for the performance steering wheel. 😒

Screenshot 2022-12-18 at 7.41.30 PM.png

Not sure those are real photos. If they are, someone is going to be very disappointed when they go to hit the V button and it is not there.
Not Cool. LOL

Still haven't seen a picture of Midnight Steel in the metal. Which is worrying because mine is scheduled to be built in two weeks in that color...

Attachments

• F8A81490-5DD0-4E89-A515-5FF48AAEFB89.jpeg
    F8A81490-5DD0-4E89-A515-5FF48AAEFB89.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 99
Also see here

Attachments

• E9645BFC-AF5F-4538-9FE5-CDEC4EEFCDC2.jpeg
    E9645BFC-AF5F-4538-9FE5-CDEC4EEFCDC2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 100

This should be called the midnight steel thread.

Looks to be a 120th anniversary edition with both CF packages and the CCBs, but auto. Wonder if someone backed out or dealer ordered it for stock.

Nothing like a 130k+ Blackwing with a dealer sticker on the bumper to really seal the deal.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back