Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwings starting to move?

I've seen Argent Silver and I like it just as much as Satin Steel. They are very similar. The Shadow and Midnight are definitely farther apart in color.

Man, I’m going to reserve judgement till we see some non potato camera pics, but that video was really disappointing. The website makes it look much closer to shadow metallic than skylark blue.

Man, I’m going to reserve judgement till we see some non potato camera pics, but that video was really disappointing. The website makes it look much closer to shadow metallic than skylark blue.
Really? From the thumbnail brochure pics posted, it was always clear to me shadow and midnight are at opposite ends of the blue spectrum. Apologies to anyone that ordered midnight, but that is really an unflattering color. It might like OK on an Impala in the Hertz rental lot at LAX, but for a BW, bruh, that is not hot.

As soon as we saw the dealers paint chart I thought of the Skylark blue changed our order Argent silver! Boy am I glad we did. I don’t know who’s in charge of picking colors but they might wanna get another job

As soon as we saw the dealers paint chart I thought of the Skylark blue changed our order Argent silver! Boy am I glad we did. I don’t know who’s in charge of picking colors but they might wanna get another job
I have a Midnight at 3000 (was 3400 then slipped back) with TPW of 11/14. Is it too late to change color? If not, what status would it change to?

I'm not in a big hurry to get the car and I'm holding out hope that it will look better in person on an actual BW (not a base CT5 which doesn't look amazing in any color IMO), as I had an E39 M5 in a similar color and loved it. But can't say I was enthused when I saw the first renderings and now video.

I think the midnight steel computer renderings look great, and much closer to shadow metallic. Pics of midnight blackwings should show up soon. I’m sure they will look better.

I think the midnight steel computer renderings look great, and much closer to shadow metallic. Pics of midnight blackwings should show up soon. I’m sure they will look better.
FWIW, there's one dealer with a Midnight Steel BW coming in with bronze wheels, so there are multi-angle renderings.

In real life it could turn out really cool or pretty awful. Really would be nice to have at least a couple of decent pics of a BW. I'm pretty annoyed that I had to finalize my order before Cadillac got around to updating the online configurator with the '23 colors.

I have a Midnight at 3000 (was 3400 then slipped back) with TPW of 11/14. Is it too late to change color? If not, what status would it change to?

I'm not in a big hurry to get the car and I'm holding out hope that it will look better in person on an actual BW (not a base CT5 which doesn't look amazing in any color IMO), as I had an E39 M5 in a similar color and loved it. But can't say I was enthused when I saw the first renderings and now video.
To late for change, there is a dealer has CT5 in midnight with video.
For us it simply was not what we expected.

It looks a lot different than the configurator:

63363007-4893-43FB-A31B-2022947D0437.jpeg

Bought a '23 off the lot a week ago at msrp.

Welcome! And congrats!

Well done on finding on the lot at MSRP.

If you're interested, there's a New Member Introductions forum. Tell us about you and the car. It's how we while away the time waiting for ours to be delivered.

Tenth '23 4BW off the line, 0010. Very happy!

FYI there will be a two 0010s: 46-0010 (manual) and a 41-0010 (auto).

Welcome! And congrats!

Well done on finding on the lot at MSRP.

If you're interested, there's a New Member Introductions forum. Tell us about you and the car. It's how we while away the time waiting for ours to be delivered.

FYI there will be a two 0010s: 46-0010 (manual) and a 41-0010 (auto).
Did not know that. Mine is a manual.

I do feel lucky. I had been reading of the long waits and often above sticker pricing along with the constraint on CF packages. I had found a local dealer with two CPO 4bw's at msrp with the options and colors I wanted and was about to pull the trigger on one of them. While looking the salesman says oh yeah, we got a new one in that someone had ordered but backed out of in favor of a 5bw. Wasn't my choice of colors and did not have CF but I liked it. I'll be looking into picking up a splitter and spoiler in CF when supply chain issues normalize.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back