Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2023 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

New thread for 2023 Blackwing Tracking​

Link to 2022 Order Tracking Thread:​

Production Status Codes:​

1100 – Order Placed at Dealership
2000 – Order Accepted by GM
2500 – Order Preferenced (or "Picked Up" or "Imaged")
3000 – Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 – Order Available to be Sequenced
3300 – Order Scheduled for Production
3400 – Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 – Vehicle Produced
4000 – Vehicle Available to Ship
4B00 – Bayed
4D00 – Delayed
4150 – Vehicle Invoiced
4200 – Vehicle Shipped
4300 – Intermediate Delivery
4800 – Rail Ramp Unload
5000 – Vehicle at Dealer

Link to Tracking Page:

I ordered a base model no options 5 Blackwing in argent silver too. Just waiting for my dealers allocation. It looks awesome!!
I think you will be very happy. My biggest concern was not ordering the upgraded seats. Worried the base interior would look cheap. Thankfully the base seats look great to me and are very comfortable for every day driving. None of these cars look amazing in a picture but the Argent paint is really nice.

Sales guy just called. He told me that I'd be bumped to a 2024 now. Still 1st in line, waiting for the allocation. Anyone know when the next year's allocations are usually released? He said 'soon'.

I haven't read of any rumors about the 2024 4BW having any changes, but what is inevitable is the yearly price increase, which sucks.

The dealer I'm working with has just sold the a manual IMSA for $85k, has 2 or 3 automatics sitting in the lot, and another automatic IMSA on the way for $92k. Those are hard sells. If they were manual, I would likely have just bought one that wasn't over $70k. But I guess most Cadillac dealers still don't know the kind of crowd the Blackwings attract. Such a damn shame to waste allocations on dealer specced automatics. They are a volume dealer so I know for a fact that they do get allocations. I guess I was just too late to put the deposit down late last year. I just hope those unsold 2023 models don't affect how quickly they are to get their 2024 allocations.

I think you will be very happy. My biggest concern was not ordering the upgraded seats. Worried the base interior would look cheap. Thankfully the base seats look great to me and are very comfortable for every day driving. None of these cars look amazing in a picture but the Argent paint is really nice.
My car was mistakenly ordered with the base performance seats, and at first I was pissed. But when the car was delivered I found the seats to be VERY comfortable compared to the high performance version. And the bolsters still adjust and held up fine during track day. It was a nice surprise

My car was mistakenly ordered with the base performance seats, and at first I was pissed. But when the car was delivered I found the seats to be VERY comfortable compared to the high performance version. And the bolsters still adjust and held up fine during track day. It was a nice surprise
I also have the base seats in my 5BW but don't love how they look. They are nicer in person than in the photos but still not particularly attractive. I did however intentionally spec my car this way because I felt the base seats are more comfortable/livable than the optional seats. Others may have a different experience based on their height and body type. If I were a bit taller, younger, and less round, I would have likely reached a different conclusion and ordered the sky cool gray mid tier seats. I originally planed that spec, which I think looks amazing, until I sat in both seat types.

All orders have been checked and updated accordingly.

It took a bit longer (4 weeks instead of the 3 I predicted). Birthed on 5 April, and Oscar Mike as of this morning. Hope to have it this weekend.

Edited: added the image from the OnStar app. That location is the autoport outside of Lansing where it's ready to be loaded onto a train.

Attachments

• IMG_1628.PNG
    IMG_1628.PNG
    419.8 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Produced mid March, just got word it’s on a truck in IL headed to MN. So 2 months from production to delivery for CT5BW. Goats aren’t as trapped as they used to be.

All orders have been checked and updated accordingly

All orders have been checked and updated accordingly

@Rob 4B00 is Bayed, not Delayed, right? You've got my status as 4B00 but Delayed. And I know it's physically sitting at the autoport in Lansing, lined up to be loaded onto a train car.

@Rob 4B00 is Bayed, not Delayed, right? You've got my status as 4B00 but Delayed. And I know it's physically sitting at the autoport in Lansing, lined up to be loaded onto a train car.
That's what is shows in GM's order workbench system

@Rob - car arrived at dealer! Please remove from tracker. Thanks for tracking!

Last edited:
Pure speculation here but workbench may be lagging actuality a little...it was tracking until I got a few emails from Cadillac with the most recent one saying the car was built yesterday when the TPW was 5/8. Thought I'd share for those biting nails awaiting their long awaited Caddies.

Pure speculation here but workbench may be lagging actuality a little...it was tracking until I got a few emails from Cadillac with the most recent one saying the car was built yesterday when the TPW was 5/8. Thought I'd share for those biting nails awaiting their long awaited Caddies.
:unsure: That sounds right on track. Built on 5/9 with TPW (Target Production Week) of 5/8.

My order was built on Monday 5/8 as well. I found that out by the chat feature on Caddilac.com. I never did get any e-mails from Cadillac. I was also able to find and print my window sticker thanks to the vin info provided by Rob on the tracker. Thanks Rob!

My order was built on Monday 5/8 as well. I found that out by the chat feature on Caddilac.com. I never did get any e-mails from Cadillac. I was also able to find and print my window sticker thanks to the vin info provided by Rob on the tracker. Thanks Rob!
Nice, no luck with a VIN here yet, on the lookout though. And yes, thanks Rob for all you've done and are doing!

BTW, how did you look up the info after getting the VIN?

BTW, how did you look up the info after getting the VIN?
I had to play detective. I searched Caddilac.com for a 2023 CT5V BW window sticker on an in stock vehicle . I changed the last 8 characters to my last 8, then tried different numbers(1-9) for the 7th until my window sticker popped up. I was glad it was a number because if it was a letter I was just going to reach out to my selling dealer.

BTW- You will need to wait until the last 8 of your vin are on the tracker. I was going to try and search it out for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!