Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
My Uncle had a 1954 Corvette. The huge steering wheel broke and he used a "Vice Grip" as a steering wheel. I once asked him, "Why don't you get a new steering wheel? " He said, "Do you know how hard it is to find a 55" Corvette steering wheel........I have at least 3 Vice Grips in my tool box !" LOL !
Your uncle rocks! 🥰

Wait. I thought our tires and wheels are non-directional and are rotated left to right? Anyone confirm?
Had mine rotated yesterday with my first oil change at about 3k miles. It was raining so I didn't actually check... but we had the discussion prior d/t so many staggered set ups that can't be rotated (like my beloved ss!)

Had mine rotated yesterday with my first oil change at about 3k miles. It was raining so I didn't actually check... but we had the discussion prior d/t so many staggered set ups that can't be rotated (like my beloved ss!)
Fat tires on the front is all the rage nowadays;
civic-ek-drag-silva-136-000.jpg

My Uncle had a 1954 Corvette. The huge steering wheel broke and he used a "Vice Grip" as a steering wheel. I once asked him, "Why don't you get a new steering wheel? " He said, "Do you know how hard it is to find a 55" Corvette steering wheel........I have at least 3 Vice Grips in my tool box !" LOL !
My first car was a 1962 Chevy II with a 4cyl Iron Duke. It was a very used hand me down from my older brother. Among many repairs needed was the gearshift lever. It was broken off. This was a 3 spd on the column. When I got it, the method for changing gears was a phillips screwdriver that laid on top of the dash until it was needed to insert into the column and feel around to change the gears. Once you got into the gear you were going to use for a while, you threw the screwdriver back up on top of the dash until it was needed again. The stupid thing was that it only cost a few bucks to go down to the Chevy dealer and get a lever (which I did). I was 15 and cut my teeth on auto repair on that car (even learning that you could put a clutch disc in backwards, LOL). The good ol' days. :)

Wait. I thought our tires and wheels are non-directional and are rotated left to right? Anyone confirm?
Tire rotation on a staggered setup doesn’t really gain anything for street use. Unless maybe the car has a bad alignment to begin with. Now, on non-directional tires if you remove the tire from the wheel and flip it that would help. Is that what we’re talking about here?

Last edited:
We are going to have to find out the "official" GM answer to rotating the tires on the BW's. The service writer told me that these tires are so wide that as long as you have a good wheel alignment, you don't need to rotate (side to side) on the BW's. He is just the service writer and not the actual service tech, so I wonder . They also said that my car is only the 2nd BW5 that they have had to do any service on.
What do the Corvette guys do for their rides?
** UPDATE** Pages 380-381 of our BW5 owners manual states that the tires can be rotated side to side, but not front to rear UNLESS they are the same size (which they ain't.)
My service guy will be re-educated.

Tire rotation on a staggered setup doesn’t really gain anything for street use. Unless maybe the car has a bad alignment to begin with. Now, on non-directional tires if you remove the tire from the wheel and flip it that would help. Is that what we’re talking about here?
I initially brought it up to them because I remembered reading on this forum that some people were doing it and that it actually could be done with this set up. We discussed that it may not make a difference... but then the tech said... hey man these are expensive tires, so he understands that if there is anything that can be done that may extend their life it's worth a shot. He also said that he came from working on bmw's for a long time and he's seen that when they have rotated them that the ride may actually be a little rough... and if that occurred they'd switch them back for me. Since it was the first oil change... it was all at n/c anyway (so they weren't trying to upsell me).

The ruff ride after rotation comes from lack of rotation and the tires are already feathered. The ruff ride will go away after some time, once the high spots are warn down some. Severely feathered tires will also have less grip and will wear faster if they are rotated. High performance 2wd will feather tires faster since there is more unidirectional loads placed on tires, acceleration on the rears and breaking on the fronts. Swapping them side to side will help balance the wear pattern if done often enough.

Last edited:
The ruff ride after rotation comes from lack of rotation and the tires are already feathered. The ruff ride will go away after some time, once the high spots are warn down some. Severely feathered tires will also have less grip and will wear faster if they are rotated. High performance 2wd will feather tires faster since there is more unidirectional loads placed on tires, acceleration on the rears and breaking on the fronts. Swapping them side to side will help balance the wear pattern if done often enough.
That is certainly true on my Jeep. I rotate my MT tires every 3000 miles. If one doesn't do it that often they will get very loud when rotated and they will never get quiet again. I don't rotate staggered setups. What I would say is if they get louder I would put them back right away (unless of course the noise doesn't bother you).

Ay Fellow Maniacs! I have a car with a TPW of 10/10/2022, and it is at event code 3400. No price yet, which is starting to scare the crap out of me. When is the window sticker available for viewing? Looking on the tracker, it shows a partial VIN. Should the window sticker be available by now?

Ay Fellow Maniacs! I have a car with a TPW of 10/10/2022, and it is at event code 3400. No price yet, which is starting to scare the crap out of me. When is the window sticker available for viewing? Looking on the tracker, it shows a partial VIN. Should the window sticker be available by now?
My salesman was able to send me my window sticker once he got the vin after the car was produced.

I am confused as to how you don’t have a price yet. My salesman was able to calculate everything including tags, tax, and title when they put the order in for my allocation.

tcolum,

I received a print out of the workbench order when it was originally entered. That print out showed all the order codes, the order number, my contact information, etc. At the top left side of the print out was the unit price. I recently went to the build tool at cadillac.com and the price matched exactly.

Please let me know how to get a copy of the window sticker if you find out. I recently went to 4D00.

tcolum,

I received a print out of the workbench order when it was originally entered. That print out showed all the order codes, the order number, my contact information, etc. At the top left side of the print out was the unit price. I recently went to the build tool at cadillac.com and the price matched exactly.

Please let me know how to get a copy of the window sticker if you find out. I recently went to 4D00.
Call your salesperson and ask for it. As long as they have your VIN they can get you one. My salesman sent me mine as soon as he found out it was produced and got the VIN.

Attachments

• 411C4EE0-4CC2-4652-BA08-302D8D95D377.png
    411C4EE0-4CC2-4652-BA08-302D8D95D377.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 79
I am confused as to how you don’t have a price yet. My salesman was able to calculate everything including tags, tax, and title when they put the order in for my allocation.
It is a 120th Anniversary, so that is not in the Build and Price, and requires enclosed shipping, which is an undefined price. I was told mid $120s, but that looks low when I build it to spec.

It is a 120th Anniversary, so that is not in the Build and Price, and requires enclosed shipping, which is an undefined price. I was told mid $120s, but that looks low when I build it to spec.
Ohhhh okay. That makes a lot more sense.

Pricing is shown in the attachments...

I am just glad I was able to get my 2022 at MSRP and not get screwed over like the 2023 price increases. The increase would have amounted to an extra years worth of car payments. I'm paying $761 a month just for the 5BW and I have 2 other car payments going on also. My Jeep Grand Cherokee is done in March and will save me $500 per month.
I really need to stop buying cars !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!