Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
As someone who waited 5+ months from the day my car was built to the day I received it, I COMPLETELY AGREE (with this and your previous posts). I spoke with my dealer and with the Cadillac executive office (whatever the hell that is) multiple times. They never once had a clear answer why my car was delayed.

However, we also know that GM doesn't really care about paint quality so your example of a paint quality tester is a poor one. :)
5 months?? Oh wow!! It's been two months already since mine was built. Good thing is that there is no other vehicle that I'm interested in otherwise I would have just gone a different route. It is total B$ to wait a year for the car the get built and then more months to get it delivered..... with ZERO updates from Cadillac.

About to make enemies just like the tall guy…..no one is making anyone buy a blackwing. Walk away if you’re that dissatisfied. I’ve been a gm buyer for well over 25 years and haven’t experienced any issues until Covid hit or should I say the big guy has screwed up our entire economy. At some point it simply is what it is. So walk away.

All manufacturers are facing same issues yet they continue to build vehicles.No matter how bad the situation is there is nothing stopping Cadillac from providing updates to their customers. All we are asking is for a little customer service.

Maybe you are okay with lack of customer service but not everyone is.

Yes they could improve the communication. I am quite confident they aren’t purposely delaying vehicles. My guess is at every level at cadillac and at every supplier it is a shit show for facts and hence they could “promise” information only to have it incorrect.

I was told by my dealership it would be 3+ months from order accepted to delivery, but thankfully this thread has further tempered my expectations and I know that there really is no set timeframe to expect delivery. Otherwise, I may be a bit more impatient at every passing day with no info.
I mean... I still check the tracker daily hoping for movement, but yeah... no real use getting upset since it won't affect the outcome.

Yes they could improve the communication. I am quite confident they aren’t purposely delaying vehicles. My guess is at every level at cadillac and at every supplier it is a shit show for facts and hence they could “promise” information only to have it incorrect.
I agree they could and likely would get things wrong. However, silence is worse than giving estimates which may again need to be revised. The number 1 rule for resolving a bungled customer experience is communication. Communcation about what happened and what steps are in place to resolve/correct the issue.

What I don't know is whether or not that communcation has in fact taken place. Technically GM's customers are their dealers (resellers to be more proper). The TPW for the car I'm buying is 8/8. I'm going to step out on a limb here and say 8/8 is probably not correct, unless it's 2023. I wish someone could tell me critical components X,Y and Z are missing and we think 10/15 is your new production date but that might change. Sitting at 8/8 a month post fact is not particularly helpful and worsens the overall purchase experience. It does so because I can't gauge how likely this is to be resolved tomorrow vs 6 months from now. How could I when I'm a month past TPW with no status change? That is more frustrating than being told sorry it'll be another 6 months. At least I have something to go on then, even if it is a low confidence estimate that could change.

I think my dealer is as in the dark as I am, which would make this GM's issue to solve with their dealer body, but maybe my dealer knows and hasn't passed that info on. It's not a big enough concern to make me pass on the car but this certainly isn't what one should aspire to provide as a premium car buying experience.

About to make enemies just like the tall guy…..no one is making anyone buy a blackwing. Walk away if you’re that dissatisfied. I’ve been a gm buyer for well over 25 years and haven’t experienced any issues until Covid hit or should I say the big guy has screwed up our entire economy. At some point it simply is what it is. So walk away.
I think that you are missing the entire point here. It is the complete lack of communication from GM's supposedly flagship brand, Cadillac and now their flagship model, Blackwing. I guess as a buyer of many brands over the years, both small and large, I expect more than we are getting in regards to communicating with Cadillac's buyer, that meaning us, we are the customer, we are the buyer and we are spending our hard earned money to buy their cars. Remember for most of us this is a $100K auto purchase, not chump change by any means. Also not offering to us buyers a alternative to a missing part, either deleting it entirely or substituting it, is completely senseless. My S/A is a friend of mine and a straight shooter and is as frustrated as I am.......Remember the dealer does not make a dime till I take delivery of my new Balckwing and my S/A, friend or not, does not get paid till I pay for and pick up my new car.

Of course we could all just Walk Away.......But seriously that is not really what we are talking about here, We are talking about communication here, or shall I say "lack of" communication.......

Hi Rob, can you please add order BZVXZC.

Thanks!

I'm going to say that Cadillac's "flagship" model is the Escalade. They make far more many of those for much more money than a CT5V or a Blackwing. I also go on other forums and they all are complaining of the same issues that we are complaining about. I am also going to say that GM 'most likely" has contracts with their suppliers and UAW that they won't breach for lawsuit purposes that would cost them more than any profits made from selling vehicles. I play with the stock market on the side and actually have done pretty well even in these "Biden Times". I was going to buy GM stock a while back until I was educated that GM actually SCREWED OVER their stockholders on June 1st 2009 ! One day they existed and went bankrupt, the next day they were a "new" GM and left their stockholders and creditors screwed ! There are different levels of stockholders and only the "Big Guy" types were saved from losing all their money. Common stock holders (majority) got nothing and the "preferred" stockholders took a loss that they could take a tax write off and still have some stock in the new company.

I work as a manufacturers rep and have never been more charitable to other manufacturing sectors in my life. The pandemic was an atomic bomb that exposed the fragility of lean manufacturing. You don't have your car and you wont for a long time...is it better to be told this or just know this? I'm not taking sides, but it's lower box stuff that you can't control. There are lots of us in 1100, or less, that may never enjoy the process of a new BW delivery, so with all intended respect to those complaining, a perspective adjustment might be worth considering?

I could walk away, I would literally have to WALK away because I don't yet have my car. 😇

I'm actually pulling for GM on this one. Not just for a once in a lifetime car but for all the macro and micro economic factors that go along with a GM success.

I do feel that for the Halo brand, on its halo cars, they should be more attentive to the 1700 customers who ordered cars. For perspective they pumped out over 25000 C8s, only 1800 of which were top tier 3lts. In comparison they only did 3200 or so Blackwings. And as we know only 1500 or so were stock orders so it's not inconceivable that they could communicate more directly with that very exclusive client list.

They're already selling the V Blackwing experience by throwing in Spring Mountain, the C8 guys pay for that privilege.

Since you can't ship me a car, wow me with service so that I not only willing to wait for it, I should be bragging about how good the Halo brand service is over the rest of GM.

Supply chain woes have bitten everyone, but when your brand identity is luxury meet performance, if you can't perform you had better well Innovate in how you deliver luxury.

They're already selling the V Blackwing experience by throwing in Spring Mountain, the C8 guys pay for that privilege.
Except that it’s nearly impossible to get a reservation. I’m beginning to think that once a person makes the fateful decision to get into the rodeo, they’re in for life. #goatrodeomafia.

While I think the BW should be celebrated, it's toxic to GM's EV goals and aspirations. The BW never had a chance to be the halo. Caddy is drunk on the BEV utopia kool-aid and the halo light shines bright on the Celestiq and at least for now, the Lyriq.

As a side bar (and TOTALLY uninterested in debating the pro's and con's of BEV) I'm really fascinated to see how the dynamic unfolds between manufacturers and buyers, the expensive realities of the finite battery useful life, the cost of technological obsolescence for consumers and manufacturers, and the ability for utilities to dramatically ramp up the production and distribution of electricity in the next 10-15 years. There are significant headwinds that will require massive investment, environmental damage of a new kind, and a timetable that doesn't match current mfg plans (disruptive new technologies notwithstanding).

While I think the BW should be celebrated, it's toxic to GM's EV goals and aspirations. The BW never had a chance to be the halo. Caddy is drunk on the BEV utopia kool-aid and the halo light shines bright on the Celestiq and at least for now, the Lyriq.

As a side bar (and TOTALLY uninterested in debating the pro's and con's of BEV) I'm really fascinated to see how the dynamic unfolds between manufacturers and buyers, the expensive realities of the finite battery useful life, the cost of technological obsolescence for consumers and manufacturers, and the ability for utilities to dramatically ramp up the production and distribution of electricity in the next 10-15 years. There are significant headwinds that will require massive investment, environmental damage of a new kind, and a timetable that doesn't match current mfg plans (disruptive new technologies notwithstanding).
I get it that GM is going BEVs but you have to take care of the customers you have NOW in order for them to buy your BEV which will be even more heavily dependent on customer service. Besides the fact that I just prefer the ICE experience in driving, but the worst issues I have ever had with any car have always been electrical demons. In at least three cases they never got resolved and my willingness or lack thereof to see them to resolution was a direct function of the level of service and support I received. Let's face it a Model S Plaid smokes a BW in a straight line and corners nearly as flat. Teslas however, in my humble opinion are made from leftover Saturn parts recovered from self auto salvage yards. They are TERRIBLY made vehicles. Moreover, the customer service model on the repairs side is problematic.

If Cadillac can't convince me that they are a luxury brand with luxury level service when I'm one of less than 2000 customers buying their top model ICE vehicle that they have essentially been building and perfecting since 2016, how in the world are they going to serve me as they and the rest of the world fumble their way through BEV adoption in mass?

The cars themselves are great spokespersons for the brand when things go right, but brand loyalty is won or lost via customer service when things are going wrong. If I were one of GMs 90,000 plus Trailblazer customers I could see them not being able to logistically manage in-depth customer care, but there are less than 2000 Blackwing sold customer orders, so I think a little extra service to such a small group spending so much with your luxury brand isn't an unreasonable ask. Not a complaint, just some honest constructive criticism....

I'll be at Spring Mountain on Dec 5th/6th. I might be driving a 5BW in a class for the 4Bw's.
I just ordered my CT4 BW track edition in late August and confirmed by GM. I know I need my VIN to register to go to Spring Mountain, but do I need to take delivery before I register?

I just ordered my CT4 BW track edition in late August and confirmed by GM. I know I need my VIN to register to go to Spring Mountain, but do I need to take delivery before I register?
Pretty sure you must have a delivered car.

New to the forum and quite frustrated with the order process and Cadillac customer service.

I place an order for a 22 CT4 BW with Suburban Cadillac of Plymouth outside of Detroit in Feb 2022. Order number BJZGF5. When placed, my enthusiastic rep said "Oh, we should get it 4 months". I knew that was BS so I didn't say anything. I've followed up monthly with no updates and when I do, he offers up automatics when I told him I only want a manual. Last month, he said that it will now be a 23 model and likely not arrive in fall and that "my order is next for the dealer when they allotment is up."

I'm not sure what to believe from any Cadillac dealer because I reached out to a local dealer here in suburban Chicago who said he would inquire but has yet to respond dishing out more excuses.

It's not lost on me there are suppliers issues but there isn't a customer service shortage. If you don't have any information or can't help, just be upfront about what's going on.

If anyone has any information on current production in Lansing, orders placed as long ago as mine, or anything else, I'd love to hear about it.

I completely agree with you. Placing a deposit entitles you to nothing. And that is the problem, people feel "entitled". GM is not obligated to provide any level of customer service. If you don't like it, walk. If enough people did, they might even change their ways. But they won't, and neither will they ;-)

You all want your Blackwing, get your goat saddles and strap in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop