Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
My dealer just texted me and said arrival is scheduled for 9/23. Not sure what he's smoking as the car was just built on 8/23 :boogie

My dealer just texted me and said arrival is scheduled for 9/23. Not sure what he's smoking as the car was just built on 8/23 :boogie
It would not be shocking for last week of Sept for new MY deliveries and 30 days after build are similar to the bygone days of what we used call normal. Either way I wouldn't look a gift goat in the mouth.... if it's real congrats!

I guess those probably should go in the constraints thread but either way it certainly isn't promising news for the 14 members still waiting on their produced 22s or the 25 members waiting for 23s. If the articles true to form conflict with themselves, so its hard to understand if the Blackwings actually are affected or as the article says not. If they only build 20% of what they hoped for all of next year that's not good for wait time or their bottom line or the overall economy.... yikes!

On the bright side though, lower production will make them worth more, maybe. If we ever get the ones we ordered, that is.

I guess those probably should go in the constraints thread but either way it certainly isn't promising news for the 14 members still waiting on their produced 22s or the 25 members waiting for 23s. If the articles true to form conflict with themselves, so its hard to understand if the Blackwings actually are affected or as the article says not. If they only build 20% of what they hoped for all of next year that's not good for wait time or their bottom line or the overall economy.... yikes!
Those articles say blackwings are NOT affected.

I'm hoping you can add me to your order tracking list. My order number is BVMZXX. Thank you!

Those articles say blackwings are NOT affected.
I read them, the part that is confusing is that they both contain the following sentences

"Going forward, the 2023 Cadillac CT4(5)-V Blackwing will be limited to 20 percent of its originally planned production capacity." AND " This applies to the Cadillac CT4(5)-V only and not the CT4 (5)-V Blackwing, or the regular CT 4(5) in the Luxury, Premium Luxury and Sport trim levels."

My old public schooling reading comprehension may not be the best, it only carried me to a Th.D., but I'm pretty sure those two statements are in direct contradiction to one another.

Hopefully they're constraining the 5v's and keeping the 5v Blackwing's moving down the line. I would think with the 7K price increase on the 2023's the profit per car would be much greater on the Blackwing , making it the smarter choice for GM to build in a supply constrained environment. My theory might be completely wrong but it's the only thing that helps me accept the 7k price increase.

Hopefully they're constraining the 5v's and keeping the 5v Blackwing's moving down the line. I would think with the 7K price increase on the 2023's the profit per car would be much greater on the Blackwing , making it the smarter choice for GM to build in a supply constrained environment. My theory might be completely wrong but it's the only thing that helps me accept the 7k price increase.
Dude.... this is the Goat Rodeo, if you're going to continue to insist that GM is going to apply logic and reason to their handling of this, I will have no choice but to report you to the moderators...

LOL

I'm an old guy, been through a lot in my life and this is absolutely the biggest cluster-fu*k I've ever been part of. While I realise that this is very small in the big picture of first world problems it is still very frustrating to us folks just trying to get our car. In one week it will be 15 months since I placed my order! My car was built July 6th of this year, two full months ago. Still not shipped, sitting in some lot exposed to everything. I believe it is because of the carbon seat backs that they do not have. I could give two sh*ts about seat backs, I ordered the seats for the seats, not for the seat backs. Please GM put whatever the fu*k kind of seatbacks that you have available right now today and ship me my car!!! You can even keep the overcharge that you got me for!! If this was Porsche, BMW or Mercedes they would have notified the customer and offered a alternative seat back unless said customer wanted to wait.......Why in the world can't GM do the same thing and get me my car?

Does Cadillac or GM not see how many customers that they are alienating for life? While I still want my Blackwing and will take delivery of it if and when it ever arrives, I personally will never ever buy another GM product in my life, and I buy a lot of cars for myself and my family. Very sad........

I think it's a typo and the constraint is only to the regular V's and not the blackwings. I believe I read another article and that referred to regular V's only. But, what do I know.

I'm kinda thinking that all the other manufacturers are in the same boat. Some worse than others, but they all are experiencing constraints. I think they all would want to build and sell cars if they could.

I'm kinda thinking that all the other manufacturers are in the same boat. Some worse than others, but they all are experiencing constraints. I think they all would want to build and sell cars if they could.
Yes, absolutely agree. But why not notify the customer and offer up a alternative? Especially in light of the fact that you can order these seats WITHOUT the carbon backs for 2023 model year. It could easily go something like this...

Hello Mr Cadillac dealer, This is Joe Blow with Cadillac Blackwing mfg, Your custom order with VIN # 123456 was ordered with carbon seat backs on our best seats....Sorry but we don't have any carbon seat backs right now, but we have leather, plastic or anclara (sp), Would your customer accept one of those? If so we can install and ship his car out immeadiatly. (Porsche did exactly this on a car I ordered from them five years ago, it was a 10 minute total phone call between Porsche, my dealer and myself)

How hard could this be with Blackwings being built in such small quantities? And seriously how many ordered the most expensive seats anyway?? 100-200 total??? Am I the only one that would give up my carbon seat backs to have my friggin' car today? Look how many of you guys dumped carbon 1 and/or carbon 2 to get your Blackwing..Lots.

If GM wanted this minor situation fixed, they could do it very simply and quickly. I guess their minds are on anything electric powered for now......

I'm an old guy, been through a lot in my life and this is absolutely the biggest cluster-fu*k I've ever been part of. While I realise that this is very small in the big picture of first world problems it is still very frustrating to us folks just trying to get our car. In one week it will be 15 months since I placed my order! My car was built July 6th of this year, two full months ago. Still not shipped, sitting in some lot exposed to everything. I believe it is because of the carbon seat backs that they do not have. I could give two sh*ts about seat backs, I ordered the seats for the seats, not for the seat backs. Please GM put whatever the fu*k kind of seatbacks that you have available right now today and ship me my car!!! You can even keep the overcharge that you got me for!! If this was Porsche, BMW or Mercedes they would have notified the customer and offered a alternative seat back unless said customer wanted to wait.......Why in the world can't GM do the same thing and get me my car?

Does Cadillac or GM not see how many customers that they are alienating for life? While I still want my Blackwing and will take delivery of it if and when it ever arrives, I personally will never ever buy another GM product in my life, and I buy a lot of cars for myself and my family. Very sad........
I'm in the same boat as you, 15 months this week since I placed my first of 3 orders for the 5BW. Thank goodness it was built last month and for that I got to pay the extra 7k since MY22 orders weren't picked up.

I have another order in with Audi, that order timeframe is around 8-10 months.

Everything car related in the world is F'd up. Yes, GM could communicate better with its customers, however it's not only GM. If I didn't call Audi last month I would not have known my order was accepted, its only been 3 months since I placed that order. See what I mean, all F'd up..

Yes, absolutely agree. But why not notify the customer and offer up a alternative? Especially in light of the fact that you can order these seats WITHOUT the carbon backs for 2023 model year. It could easily go something like this...

Hello Mr Cadillac dealer, This is Joe Blow with Cadillac Blackwing mfg, Your custom order with VIN # 123456 was ordered with carbon seat backs on our best seats....Sorry but we don't have any carbon seat backs right now, but we have leather, plastic or anclara (sp), Would your customer accept one of those? If so we can install and ship his car out immeadiatly. (Porsche did exactly this on a car I ordered from them five years ago, it was a 10 minute total phone call between Porsche, my dealer and myself)

How hard could this be with Blackwings being built in such small quantities? And seriously how many ordered the most expensive seats anyway?? 100-200 total??? Am I the only one that would give up my carbon seat backs to have my friggin' car today? Look how many of you guys dumped carbon 1 and/or carbon 2 to get your Blackwing..Lots.

If GM wanted this minor situation fixed, they could do it very simply and quickly. I guess their minds are on anything electric powered for now......
Especially considering it is a situation with their halo cars for their halo brand. Corvette does this well as you buy the experience as much as you buy the car. Cadillac could differentiate themselves by being the true luxury brand of GM and keeping the customers ultra informed about their $70K -115K plus sold orders. 3000 customers is a lot but relatively speaking small exclusive client list. In the age of a world-wide-inter-webs, youtubers, and forum researchers, they could be winning market share through this debacle without actually solving the car issue by improving the customer experience. If we knew why our cars were delayed or what parts were missing that's a whole different experience. "Mr. Soandso we can't ship your car because we are missing the blinker fluid seals and the boat that had this quarter's production is stuck in a Ukrainian port under Russian blockade" or "We're sorry Mrs Gearhead your car has NOT been shipped because it failed quality control and the one person qualified to test the paint quality of your Raven paint is out on maternity leave for the next 9 months. We understand you want your car, but this is a Blackwing Cadillac and it will not go out the door with known defects." Ect... You'd be building your rep as the brand that serves its customers through attention to detail... Yes we'd be unhappy but at least we wouldn't have people posting gifs of the posterior ends of male goats to describe the situation....

Last edited:
Especially considering it is a situation with their halo cars for their halo brand. Corvette does this well as you buy the experience as much as you buy the car. Cadillac could differentiate themselves by being the true luxury brand of GM and keeping the customers ultra informed about their $70K -115K plus sold orders. 3000 customers is a lot but relatively speaking small exclusive client list. In the age of a world-wide-inter-webs, youtubers, and forum researchers, they could be winning market share through this debacle without actually solving the car issue by improving the customer experience. If we knew why our cars were delayed or what parts were missing that's a whole different experience. "Mr. Soandso we can't ship your car because we are missing the blinker fluid seals and the boat that had this quarter's production is stuck in a Ukrainian port under Russian blockade" or "We're sorry Mrs Gearhead your car has NOT been shipped because it failed quality control and the one person qualified to test the paint quality of your Raven paint is out on maternity leave for the next 9 months. We understand you want your car, but this is a Blackwing Cadillac and it will not go out the door with known defects." Ect... You'd be building your rep as the brand that serves its customers through attention to detail... Yes we'd be unhappy but at least we wouldn't have people posting gifs of the posterior ends of male goats to describe the situation....

As someone who waited 5+ months from the day my car was built to the day I received it, I COMPLETELY AGREE (with this and your previous posts). I spoke with my dealer and with the Cadillac executive office (whatever the hell that is) multiple times. They never once had a clear answer why my car was delayed.

However, we also know that GM doesn't really care about paint quality so your example of a paint quality tester is a poor one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop