Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
The big question is, what is the value to me to wait another 8 to 12 months to save $500? Pretty much zero and the dealer knows this. Couple that on top of the fact that the 23s are more expensive, and I actually lose money not taking the deal.

Sure, one can argue it’s the principle that matters, but the only person losing is me. The dealer will just sell the car to somebody else and forget about it the next day.
I would just negotiate it down, if possible, if not, pay it and move on. I'm paying 7k more for my '23 which sucks for the same car, but oh well, life is short, enjoy the beast, you'll forget about all of this when you're pressing the play button. :m

Just saying, I don't believe your self-deprecating comment about you being a cheap bastard. The stubborn part yes.
I don't think you get it. @Tall Steve lives in a lean-to shanty down by the river on the edge of the Texas Ghetto. What meager earnings he has have been accumulated by reaching for things that are high and trapping muskrat pelts in the nearby swamp. He sells the pelts by the side of a dusty road to nowhere and uses the proceeds to barely keep his family alive by buying them Blackwings and all-expenses paid trackdays. It is a rough life that lesser (or shorter) men wouldn't dare to lead.

In 30+ years of driving and over 400,000 miles, I have yet to bend a wheel. And I think maybe 2 sidewall bubbles. Of course now I've cursed myself. But aren't the BW wheels forged? I think you'd have to do something really bad to bend one.
They should be forged. My vossens were flow forged and were as malleable as butter which hopefully is not the case on these. The finish on them would be damaged if I didn bend one and they had to heat them back..that happened on two of the vossens where the powder coat flaked off during the repair. Between potholes on rt 309 and 76. I'd rather have the extra piece of mind

In 30+ years of driving and over 400,000 miles, I have yet to bend a wheel. And I think maybe 2 sidewall bubbles. Of course now I've cursed myself. But aren't the BW wheels forged? I think you'd have to do something really bad to bend one.
I was in the same boat as you (50+ years) UNTIL my first set of 20" wheels. :( Not a fan.

I feel bad for everyone that's going thru this because it just sucks! I would just walk from a deal and have in the past.. I purchased my sons last Honda from the parking lot... I know things are different and the BW's are special, but if I had to do it again with any other dealer than Sewell I would get msrp with no other crap or I would walk...
I walked away from 2023 Integra last week due to same crap. I ordered the vehicle few months ago and throughout the waiting period I was told that they only charge MSRP. When I went to pick it up, it had $2500 worth of crap (nitrogen, Tints, LoJack, wheel locks etc) added on.

Last edited:
I don't think you get it. @Tall Steve lives in a lean-to shanty down by the river on the edge of the Texas Ghetto. What meager earnings he has have been accumulated by reaching for things that are high and trapping muskrat pelts in the nearby swamp. He sells the pelts by the side of a dusty road to nowhere and uses the proceeds to barely keep his family alive by buying them Blackwings and all-expenses paid trackdays. It is a rough life that lesser (or shorter) men wouldn't dare to lead.
Some of that is true... I do live in a shithole house in the ghetto and I do earn meager wages but need to look into the muskrat pelt thing.... I have to borrow money most months to pay my electric bill and since the economy is getting worse my stable of working girls is not bringing in the cash like 2 years ago..... I have almost spent my inheritance my great aunt left me so if thing don't look up soon I will be forced to sell both Blackwings and go back to driving a Hyundai..... I have set up a go fund me account and if you would like to contribute to it please PM me, I also except Venmo! Please pray for me!!

I have declined wheel and tire insurance on every car except the Caddies. I live in Metro Detroit and I've used the insurance on all our ATS/CTS/CT4 leases. Our ATS with forged wheels cracked a wheel, bent a wheel and needed two tires from just one incident. That's like $2k covered for $0.

I thought it was a van...
i-live-in-a-van-down-by-the-river.gif

I paid for wheels and tire protection too. Replaced one bubbled tire on my trade in last month and have repaired 3 bent wheels in the past 2 years. Warranty was 60 months, and would do 4 tire replacements and 4 wheel replacements. Figured it was a no brainer with the tech bronze wheels likely going to be damaged during a repair and I could fight for replacements
What does tire and wheel insurance offer that comp/collision coverage does not?

What does tire and wheel insurance offer that comp/collision coverage does not?
It's an add-on typically offered by the dealer (not related to your auto insurance) with no deductible, no cost, no effect on insurance. Replaces damaged tires (may have to report that they are leaking air e.g. in case of bubble on side wall) from road hazards/ firing objects, damaged wheels... even cosmetic (eg will pay to polish out curb rash). They may have other stuff too that may be redundant (lock-out protection, towing...). Some have limits on use and others can be unlimited. It's been pretty much no hassle too (just a phone call, pictures, then email). Policy costs vary friendly in coverage and you can try and haggle too.

Last edited:
My 4D00 order went to 4B00 three days ago with an EDD of 7/27. Just showed up to the dealer today, and the dealer had no idea. 464 days from order to arrival.
Some executive at GM is going to have to have a stern talking to with the new shipper. Cars can't be showing up a month early! This is GM damnit, the EDD should come and go 3 times and be 2 weeks late the 4th time! /s

Wave Blue is the perfect shade of blue! Congrats!

My 4D00 order went to 4B00 three days ago with an EDD of 7/27. Just showed up to the dealer today, and the dealer had no idea. 464 days from order to arrival.
Wow, you should get a 🏆 for holding out. Glad it finally made it!

Guess that answers all those people's repeated questions about whether going from D to B is a good thing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop