Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
What is the average going rate for the paint correction and ceramic coating? My brother had it done on his Mercedes a few years ago and the water would just roll off the car with the dirt. Hardly ever had to wipe it dry.
Paint correction by itself is anywhere from $400 to $1k.

Ceramic coating prices are wildly different, anywhere from $300 for a non pro 2 yr coating or the 7 year coatings at $1k. You have to paint correct if you apply ceramic, once they strip the wax off you'll really know how much work is involved to paint correct.

My dealer @1StunnaV is telling me that if I cancel and reorder, I will have to go back to the end of the line.....:sneaky:
My dealer @1StunnaV is telling me that if I cancel and reorder, I will have to go back to the end of the line.....:sneaky:

This is a 100% accurate statement.

Every customer is equally important.

If you were allowed to place another order and have it prioritized in front of others just because you wanted the next model year, every customer you skipped in front of would have to wait even longer for their order.

Customers have the option to purchase the vehicle or not purchase. Customers also have the option to order another or not order another. These options are the same for every customer which makes it an even playing field for everyone.

What is the average going rate for the paint correction and ceramic coating? My brother had it done on his Mercedes a few years ago and the water would just roll off the car with the dirt. Hardly ever had to wipe it dry.
I had a place in Port Jeff Station do my 5BW with correction, 5 year (claimed) ceramic coating and 20% tint all around for $1300. Very nice job.

Water does roll off easily but not completely. Dirt will still build up but not nearly as bad as without the coating

I had a place in Port Jeff Station do my 5BW with correction, 5 year (claimed) ceramic coating and 20% tint all around for $1300. Very nice job.

Water does roll off easily but not completely. Dirt will still build up but not nearly as bad as without the coating
Could you send me the name? I am in Mount Sinai

Hi Rob. I placed my order for a CT5-V Blackwing early January. Order # BGRTBD. I registered this order with you a soon as I got the confirmation number. I have been monitoring it on your tracking system. This order number is no longer listed on your tracking system data base. Could you comment on this? Is there a reason this could have happened? Thanks for your help and insight and thanks for all the work you do for this forum.

Hi Rob. I placed my order for a CT5-V Blackwing early January. Order # BGRTBD. I registered this order with you a soon as I got the confirmation number. I have been monitoring it on your tracking system. This order number is no longer listed on your tracking system data base. Could you comment on this? Is there a reason this could have happened? Thanks for your help and insight and thanks for all the work you do for this forum.
If you were still 1100 it dropped off because it switched over to the 2023 model year. Your dealer should have contacted you about this. You will have to put in an order for 2023. It does not automatically roll over.

I have just enough space for 3 but it'll be tight. I just installed a lift and now I'm thinking about changing that to a different type of lift so I can stack the cars. I have to make up my mind quick because my surgery is June 16th now and after that, I won't be getting around for a while. The good part is, I only have to spend one day in the VA hospital unless something goes wrong.
I hear ya, I installed a full rise scissor two years ago and now just got two 4post lifts to stack. Moving the scissor to the 4th bay. Sad I have 6 vehicles for two people and the 4BW still TBD

Is there anything that a dealer can do to accelerate the shipping process once the car has been produced? Are they just a powerless as the consumer?

Is there anything that a dealer can do to accelerate the shipping process once the car has been produced? Are they just a powerless as the consumer?
By all accounts every single one of these cars has been marked as 'Hot' or 'Urgent' - but if it's true they're all parked up waiting for chips or other components, I would assume no ... nothing.

I saw the noted issues and hold ups on my window sticker for seats. I didn’t know if this may explain some cars built and waiting

Attachments

• D8224688-208E-46D1-ADDF-9530486B18C7.png
    D8224688-208E-46D1-ADDF-9530486B18C7.png
    341.3 KB · Views: 137
I saw the noted issues and hold ups on my window sticker for seats. I didn’t know if this may explain some cars built and waiting
It seems to me that this is a provision to go ahead and ship the cars that didn't have this equipment. Again, a guess, the cars that have been waiting forever are probably missing a component that they absolutely cannot be delivered with.

no. on both my order and my dad's they're listed in the workbench system as highest priority already. pretty sure this is the case with all BW

It seems to me that this is a provision to go ahead and ship the cars that didn't have this equipment. Again, a guess, the cars that have been waiting forever are probably missing a component that they absolutely cannot be delivered with.
for seat vents, heated steering wheel, and parking sensors GM is giving a credit for the car being delivered without one or more of those items functioning, but when the parts then become available you just bring the car to your local dealer and they will retrofit them on at no charge. i imagine it is just something as simple as the computer module for each not being available due to the semi shortage and GM prioritizing other modules being built with the available semis so that they can actually produce cars that mostly function.

Saw that 2023 models will have an "option" to ship the car in a covered truck instead of an open car carrier to protect it from the ride to the dealer. Of course , it will cost you !

At this point , I wouldn't care if they shipped it by Conestoga Wagon.

Saw that 2023 models will have an "option" to ship the car in a covered truck instead of an open car carrier to protect it from the ride to the dealer. Of course , it will cost you !

At this point , I wouldn't care if they shipped it by Conestoga Wagon.
The 2022's were also supposed to. If a car is sitting in a lot of doom for months, why bother with the enclosed?

The 2022's were also supposed to. If a car is sitting in a lot of doom for months, why bother with the enclosed?
Shipping in an enclosed trailer after sitting in an uncovered parking lot for months is like jumping in front of the last bullet:

S-hL53Uee8qnNTkdUGg68AVVPM8=.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!