Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Its quick if they ship my truck the entire way... add at least 5 days if they come by train... how long it sits after the train arrives depends on if it was at the front or the back and which side they start unloading first :)
I still have no idea how it will work with my 2/15 build being an hour away. Will it go on a truck with a bunch of other Blackwings going out of state, but just be the VERY FIRST stop lol.

Yeah, I'm tired of watching higher VIN CT4 BW's flow out. Mine's been with yours in the lot of doom for months. My dealer tried telling me Monday that the Blackwing wheels were holding it up as they are stuck in China. As nicely as I could, I said to maaaaybe bug the GM guys for a better excuse lol. I highly doubt it is on cinderblocks at the Delta Port.

1651766344657.png

Turns out the VIN I assumed was mine was different by one character after my sales guy showed me a VinView screen grab. So I got an actual update above now that I had the correct VIN. Doesn't that mean I am past 3800 according Jack Cooper?

Yeah, I'm tired of watching higher VIN CT4 BW's flow out. Mine's been with yours in the lot of doom for months. My dealer tried telling me Monday that the Blackwing wheels were holding it up as they are stuck in China. As nicely as I could, I said to maaaaybe bug the GM guys for a better excuse lol. I highly doubt it is on cinderblocks at the Delta Port.
Did you order satin Graphite dark finish?

Its quick if they ship my truck the entire way... add at least 5 days if they come by train... how long it sits after the train arrives depends on if it was at the front or the back and which side they start unloading first :)
@1StunnaV Is there any good way to know if your car is coming via truck or rail first? My dealer confirmed it shipped and my EDD was first week of June. Its going out to PA and I know a decent amount of us (close to a truckload) have built cars. If it comes via truck and will be here quick I wanna get rolling with u modifying my car for trade in and getting financing finalized so I'm not scrambling

Would it be possible for someone with Cadillac connections to provide a rational explanation of why cars completed in February/March are being delivered before cars completed in January. Or is this just another example of incompetence in logistics?

Would it be possible for someone with Cadillac connections to provide a rational explanation of why cars completed in February/March are being delivered before cars completed in January. Or is this just another example of incompetence in logistics?
One thought is, how do any of us know when a car is truly complete? I think cars can be seen as complete but still be sitting waiting for things such as wheel liners, or something else on constraint like carbon fiber.

So if there is a car that is TRULY complete built a month after a car waiting on one item, I can see that shipping out ahead of it.

If the picture a couple pages back is indicative of how the lot actually looks right now, then a possible story is January cars are smack in the middle of that lot.

One thought is, how do any of us know when a car is truly complete? I think cars can be seen as complete but still be sitting waiting for things such as wheel liners, or something else on constraint like carbon fiber.

So if there is a car that is TRULY complete built a month after a car waiting on one item, I can see that shipping out ahead of it.

I would agree with this assessment. However, it starts to fall apart when other cars with identical specs built after you are being delivered. Although, someone else posted that it’s possible they fully build things on the line if they have the parts right there as opposed to going out and giving the older built car the part.

It’s all speculation. Per usual.

My dealer (Sewell) told me today that his list of BW customers now totals 70, and they are telling people that it would be 16-20 months before they would see anything.....

Which Sewell? And what does 70 customers mean? Does that include orders already built, waiting to ship?

Point is, if it's just orders at 1100 or more, not built, that's a lot of cars. 16-20 months puts you into 2024 MY I would think. It's really getting crazy.

Which Sewell? And what does 70 customers mean? Does that include orders already built, waiting to ship?

Point is, if it's just orders at 1100 or more, not built, that's a lot of cars. 16-20 months puts you into 2024 MY I would think. It's really getting crazy.
Sewell / Houston
It was related to me as "current BW list is 70 customers long", and they are being told 16-20 months. It wasn't specific other than that.

If the picture a couple pages back is indicative of how the lot actually looks right now, then a possible story is January cars are smack in the middle of that lot.
If a car produced in January is in the middle of that lot that would indicative of complete incompetence. My 2 year old grandson could do a better job figuring that out. I truly hope that is not the explanation.

When I spoke to my dealer the other day, he said he'd get me another 5 in about 4 months. Heritage Caddy in Lombard. He delivered me one already, my faith remains with him.

When I spoke to my dealer the other day, he said he'd get me another 5 in about 4 months. Heritage Caddy in Lombard. He delivered me one already, my faith remains with him.
When I moved my order there a couple weeks ago, Heritage said they could have it for me by the end of the year

If a car produced in January is in the middle of that lot that would indicative of complete incompetence. My 2 year old grandson could do a better job figuring that out. I truly hope that is not the explanation.

I hope not as well. But not hearing anything else, and looking at pictures and seeing new cars with similar builds get shipped ... it's a real possibility.

Wish they would have done some out of the box thinking here. If they can't get them shipped, let a local dealer prep them and let us fly up to drive them home, if we chose. I'd certainly have done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop