Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
You guys probably know my story, I kinda saw the direction this whole thing was headed last summer and ordered an M5C. I took delivery in January and I’m loving it so far. I was never a BMW guy either and most of the cars I’ve owned have been American but this thing is rock solid. I haven’t really gotten into it yet as the break-in is 1200 mi. but it feels like it’s gonna be fast. I normally don’t pay any mind to break-in procedures but BMW has a “run in” service that has to be completed at 1200 where they change the oil and diff fluid so I’m trying hard to show restraint.

My BW order will have been at 1100 for a year at the end of this month. I’m going to ride it out and see what happens. I want all of the CF as my ‘18 V didn’t have any and I always said that if I ever bought another one it would be loaded. So either way, I’m waiting. We’ll see how the market is when the time comes. It does feel nice to not care about it anymore, though.

You guys probably know my story, I kinda saw the direction this whole thing was headed last summer and ordered an M5C. I took delivery in January and I’m loving it so far. I was never a BMW guy either and most of the cars I’ve owned have been American but this thing is rock solid. I haven’t really gotten into it yet as the break-in is 1200 mi. but it feels like it’s gonna be fast. I normally don’t pay any mind to break-in procedures but BMW has a “run in” service that has to be completed at 1200 where they change the oil and diff fluid so I’m trying hard to show restraint.

My BW order will have been at 1100 for a year at the end of this month. I’m going to ride it out and see what happens. I want all of the CF as my ‘18 V didn’t have any and I always said that if I ever bought another one it would be loaded. So either way, I’m waiting. We’ll see how the market is when the time comes. It does feel nice to not care about it anymore, though.
So I borrowed from @Finally-a-V and drove an F-Type F-Pace SVR today. Wow, that thing is a blast! Sounds good and very fast but not brutally so, which is good since I want the engine to sing but not at the sake of going 100mph in a 35. I was ready to jump on it considering they had one and how tough it is to get inventory. Then they came back with the numbers.

Sticker even with the +$5k "market adjustment" was $99k. With $10k down and 10k miles a year, payment was 1736/36 months. I was floored. I didn't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that much. Then it got me thinking that the V sticker is just about the same. I know leases are not apples to apples between manufacturers or their banks, but are people seeing something like this? I was planning on buying the V, but still, no bueno if it's anything like this direction.

Last edited:
Thisisgonnahurt, my colleague at work has a F-Type SVR and he really enjoys it. This is a different ball game as it is a 2 seater. Great sound, nice power and all. I had my CT4 BW delivered on Feb 17th. I was lucky enough to find one at a dealership in Montreal (fully loaded, auto trans, black Raven, sky cool grey). There are still three CT4 BW in stock in Montreal right now. Here is a video of the delivery including my Corvette Z51 trade. Lots of snow in Montreal so I will need to be patient…!

Attachments

• IMG_0994.mov
    32.2 MB
  • IMG_0995.mov
    28.8 MB
Thisisgonnahurt, my colleague at work has a F-Type SVR and he really enjoys it. This is a different ball game as it is a 2 seater. Great sound, nice power and all. I had my CT4 BW delivered on Feb 17th. I was lucky enough to find one at a dealership in Montreal (fully loaded, auto trans, black Raven, sky cool grey). There are still three CT4 BW in stock in Montreal right now. Here is a video of the delivery including my Corvette Z51 trade. Lots of snow in Montreal so I will need to be patient…!
Damn, F-PACE, I meant the F-PACE SUV not the F-Type. Yeah two seats isn't going to cut it for me.

Or is it... :)

And this is exactly why I laugh at everyone trying to track the location of their cars though their dealers, Cadillac chat, apps, trucking companies, etc.

I totally get the anticipation and excitement about getting your dream car...but it's a giant shit show....I mean "Goat Rodeo" out there.
Total shit show for sure. Thank gosh for the elope spotting trucks all over the country. I knew when a guy spotted a truck in Indiana and I saw the pics, that my car was on it. But the dealer in Wisconsin thought I was nuts. Can’t wait to rub it in a bit more when I go get it Tuesday morning. 😂😂

^^^^No, I really don't want an Alfa, but I think they're pretty cool.
Good for a fling, but not wifey material.
I am talking to Sewell about ordering. They are saying a year. I wonder if getting with a smaller dealer will be a better move.

D.

In regards to the 4BW: Called two dealerships in the boonies, I was the only one when they put me on the list, and they had just sold a few of them already before I called. Both at MSRP if they got more allocations.

Called the biggest MSRP dealership near me, #5 on the list.

Went to see an in stock 4BW, had $10k in factory options that I wouldn't have chose, but they were willing to remove the $10k ADM if I bought it that day(yesterday). They're based on an automall that's known for ADMs all along the road, so I think I got lucky.

At the end of the day, still has $10k worth of options worth 0$ to me, so I passed.

So I borrowed from @Finally-a-V and drove an F-Type F-Pace SVR today. Wow, that thing is a blast! Sounds good and very fast but not brutally so, which is good since I want the engine to sing but not at the sake of going 100mph in a 35. I was ready to jump on it considering they had one and how tough it is to get inventory. Then they came back with the numbers.

Sticker even with the +$5k "market adjustment" was $99k. With $10k down and 10k miles a year, payment was 1736/36 months. I was floored. I didn't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that much. Then it got me thinking that the V sticker is just about the same. I know leases are not apples to apples between manufacturers or their banks, but are people seeing something like this? I was planning on buying the V, but still, no bueno if it's anything like this direction.
That’s nuts! I actually leased an F-Pace S for my wife at the end of 2019. MSRP was $75k, negotiated down to $72k or so. 39 mo. lease w 10k mi/yr came out to $750/mo. with $13k down.

It’s been a great car for her, trouble free so far. We’ve only put 14k mi on it so far since covid, though. I drove it a bunch after I sold my V last summer, it’s a nice daily. Now she wants the F-Type when the lease is up. 😳

Attachments

• B93EAEA3-6756-408D-8F3C-D40B45AE97FD.jpeg
    B93EAEA3-6756-408D-8F3C-D40B45AE97FD.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 69
All orders have been checked and updated accordingly.

For a point of reference for all of you, including @thisisgonnahurt. My local dealer has a 4 built and "enroute". I think it's in the parking lot of doom. Anyway, he gave me some numbers on a lease. He'll sell to me at list, $74,850, plus small dealer package, acquisition fee, doc fee and AZ license fee. About $77,600 OTD. 36 month lease, $10k down, 1290/month; $20k down $970/month; $36,700 residual.

I think those numbers are nuts. Only good thing, end of lease, buy it. A three year old 4BW has to be worth way more then $36k. Current conditions I'd think at least $50K.

Oh, and you didn't get these numbers from me.

For a point of reference for all of you, including @thisisgonnahurt. My local dealer has a 4 built and "enroute". I think it's in the parking lot of doom. Anyway, he gave me some numbers on a lease. He'll sell to me at list, $74,850, plus small dealer package, acquisition fee, doc fee and AZ license fee. About $77,600 OTD. 36 month lease, $10k down, 1290/month; $20k down $970/month; $36,700 residual.

I think those numbers are nuts. Only good thing, end of lease, buy it. A three year old 4BW has to be worth way more then $36k. Current conditions I'd think at least $50K.

Thanks for [not] sharing. Wow - that seems high? The GM site has our $92k 5BW at $1,500/mo (pre-taxes), no money down, 36 months, 10k. That's about the same as his $10k down lease numbers (the $10k down reduces the payment $250-300/mo). We haven't decided buy or lease yet. I was leaning lease (see how the car is, shorter commitment, still retain the buy rights and end of lease value, if any). Curious if anyone has real lease numbers?

Holy sh!t! I paid $980/month for 36 with $15k down back on my '16 V with a $95k sticker. I realize different times and different economy, but math is math.

So you're saying between money down and 36 monthly payments you're paying 55-56k out of pocket. Then you still owe almost another 37k (cash or finance?). Total of 92-93k for a not loaded 4

I'm really disappointed in the "actual" lease numbers. Cadillac's website has much more attractive numbers, but those don't include dealer add on packages, acquisition fee (required at $695), doc fee, etc. Also, here in AZ we add sales tax to the lease amount. So, subtract off the BS and you save $2800, tax would be about 90 bucks with $10K down, about $65 with $20k. So I'd guess "fair" numbers for comparison with all that out calculated out could be around $1100 with $10k and $825 with $20k. It's all the fees, packages, and tax that just kills the deal and drives up the payment. Your mileage my vary.

So you're saying between money down and 36 monthly payments you're paying 55-56k out of pocket. Then you still owe almost another 37k (cash or finance?). Total of 92-93k for a not loaded 4
Well, yes. Holy poop, that's a lot of cash for a $75K car. It was actually cheaper to "buy" than lease, although, with a lot more money down. Pay now or pay later.

Yeah I would never put any money down on a lease...if the lease deals are not there with zero down, low money factor and high residual (like BMW used to do back in the day) I would pass, better off buying.
money down can lower the money factor via MSDs. The internal rate of return on that money down is usually really high. If self employed and using the car for business a lease makes a lot of sense as it is tax deductible. Here is a pro tip for that situation: work with a dealer that offers leasing through US Bank or some other large bank. They will let you do a 24 month lease that puts the residual at the end at 20% (GM won't allow residuals that low when leasing through them although most of the German brands will). This now makes it so that 80% of the car is tax deductible if you're using the car 100% for business. Let's say that saves you 40% in tax (not hard between FICA, fed, and state). That now knocks 32% of the price of the car off in tax savings. That means you're only paying 68% of MSRP after tax savings and also get to deduct any sales tax on the 80% lease part too.

money down can lower the money factor via MSDs. The internal rate of return on that money down is usually really high. If self employed and using the car for business a lease makes a lot of sense as it is tax deductible. Here is a pro tip for that situation: work with a dealer that offers leasing through US Bank or some other large bank. They will let you do a 24 month lease that puts the residual at the end at 20% (GM won't allow residuals that low when leasing through them although most of the German brands will). This now makes it so that 80% of the car is tax deductible if you're using the car 100% for business. Let's say that saves you 40% in tax (not hard between FICA, fed, and state). That now knocks 32% of the price of the car off in tax savings. That means you're only paying 68% of MSRP after tax savings and also get to deduct any sales tax on the 80% lease part too.
Okay so MSDs and leasing as a write off as a business owner is a whole different story. BMW used to do MSDs before (I took full benefit of that) and the advantage there is that you get that money back in addition to lowering MF. I don't know who does MSDs anymore though. I was talking about putting money down just to reduce monthly payment. Too many people who lease get caught in this monthly payment trap without realizing the implications of MF, residual, money down. I know someone who thought he got a great deal because the dealer got him a "manageable" monthly payment. The MF was not even disclosed to him (dealer marked it up) and he put something like $5k down. If the car was a total loss during the lease that $5k is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop