Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Generally, but not always. My car has zero CF and has been built since late January as far as I can tell, still waiting (4D00 status). Shipping issues (or ???), but not waiting for CF.
0 carbon on my car, built 2/15. I live ONE hour from Lansing. I've been at 3800 with no movement.

Generally, but not always. My car has zero CF and has been built since late January as far as I can tell, still waiting (4D00 status). Shipping issues (or ???), but not waiting for CF.
I think it has alot to do with shipping. My local dealer had a 21 CT4 built in mid Dec and it showed up 2 weeks ago!

It is often comical reading these forums and seeing how much frustration is caused. And like everything else in 2022 life, people feel entitled. Entitled to information, entitled to getting what they want regardless of other factors involved.

How would you like to be Cadillac, and know you are missing out on millions in sales because you cannot produce the cars to meet the demand? How would you like to be a salesperson at an ordinary dealer with low or moderate allocations, with little inventory on your lot, and having to turn away a 100k sale because there is 0 chance of getting the product? For all of us, me included, dropping 5-10k of carbon off of our builds because we can't get those parts - don't you think Cadillac and the dealers would rather our MSRP include all of those things? How would you like to be a factory worker that gets dismissed for 2 weeks because the plant needs to shut down?

Everyone has their own priorities. Thanks be to God that getting or not getting a car, with or without carbon fiber, is one of mine.
This, right here...

Thank you!!!!! ❤️

I got one from both of my BW's, its cool to have in my records.
Thanks for the idea, I'm going to try to get this later down the line. I love cool stuff like this. I still have the Manufacturer Certificate of Origin(MCO/MSO) for my GT350. If you buy from within the state, you wouldn't even know this document exists since it gets sent straight to the DMV from the dealership(I believe).

Since I bought from out of state, the dealership sent all the required docs to me since I needed to hand it over to the DMV when I took the car in for it to be inspected and verified it was a California-legal car. I went to FedEx Kinkos and made sure I got a nice copy of it before I had to turn it in.

Haha, I'm not the only looney (or maybe the word is obsessive) one around here. :)
Verified and proud looney here . I mean obsessive...I have every single piece of paper and receipt for my 1990 Corvette ZR-1

Verified and proud looney here . I mean obsessive...I have every single piece of paper and receipt for my 1990 Corvette ZR-1
Nice. I also have folders of stuff from previous cars. I have a receipt sitting on my desk right now that is for some front end bushings for the 57 Chevy I recently sold. It is dated 12/29/72.

I would suggest you request for your dealer to reach out to the plant directly to find out.

I think it has alot to do with shipping. My local dealer had a 21 CT4 built in mid Dec and it showed up 2 weeks ago!
The late CT4 4/5 21’s was “chip” shortage. We had 2021’s ordered in July show up as late as feb ‘22

The escalade and blackwings take priority over the other cars. There may be an exception at the moment due to the LYRIQ launch soon but that’s me completely throwing out the idea of it, not stating a fact as i really don’t know. so let’s not start rumors. At least not yet. . :)

In the past, vehicles that were held I’ll due to the “chip” shortage would 4D00 status but also notate code “MP.” (Missing part/s) I haven’t seen MP reported on blackwings for a good 6 months.

Coming from the E46 platform, you would be very, very happy with a 4. Except if you really need to use the backseat for anyone other than children.
Yeah, my E46 is just tired and old at this point. Have had V8s (Z06s, V2/3) and just enjoy them more at this point.

Personally, I am not aware of any of my customers dropping 5's to get the 4's... I have had multiple order 4's while they wait for their 5...

With that said, I am expecting several to drop their 5 after getting the 4 because the 4, while both have their pros/cons, is the true drivers car imo, and they will fall in love with it... Every customer that I have who has had both, loves to drive the 4/ATS more than their 5/CTS.... You just cant replace the raw power and sound of the V8..... You can make a v6 sound better, but you can never make it sound great.... You can just make it sound great for a v6.. Fortunately, I think GM did a damn good job with the exhaust from the factory on the 4... It was okay on the ATS-V

Here's the ATS-V I had.... cammed, Kooks DP/MP, stock muffler... chilly morning at like 5am heading to the track
Yeah, my only gripe with the 4s is how small the rear space is. I got two boys that I like taking to C&C and just cruise out with them kinda. 5 just has more space. Buddy of mine let me drive his F80 M3 and realized how much roomier those are compared to the 4s. I finally understood how they say the 5 is segmented between the M3 and M5. With the 4 between the M3 and M2s. With Tapout pushing their 4 close to 600whp, why not have that in a lighter chassis? Even Steve said he enjoys driving his 4 over the 5 more.

But like you said, cant get away from the V8 sound and the torque. The idea that this is going to be the LAST GM made V8 with a stick shift is just so intriguing and appealing to me. I swear, if Caddy just built manual V3s, I wouldnt even be looking at 5s. I loved that car...just got boring even with 809whp.

Can Steve and I get special badges like you and Dustin @Rob? I am thinking Steve should get Head Goat Herder and maybe I could get OG (Original Ginger)?
Done! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!