Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
I’m a little upset, they gave the escalade V 682hp, why couldn’t they do that with the 5BW! 😩
Would not be surprised if the ct5 v bw goes to 682 this year or next, GM often does small 2nd year refinements and it doesn't make sense to have so many LT4 variants

Would not be surprised if the ct5 v bw goes to 682 this year or next, GM often does small 2nd year refinements and it doesn't make sense to have so many LT4 variants
A performance shop in Maryland ported and polished the supercharger on the 5BW and they got close to 60hp from that and air fuel ratio was spot on with no adjustments.

Last edited:
guessing the larger supercharger wouldn't fit under the hood

Does the status “picked” really mean anything on the jack cooper tracker?
It pretty much means "We know it's there and logged it in, but don't know what we are going to do with it just yet."

In reagrds to the Escalade V having more hp with the same motor, I'm guessing the extra room for intake/exhaust sizing/flow may have had something to do with the HP increase. Look at the mid 2000's XLR-V and the STS-V. Both has supercharged 4.4L Northstars but the STS had 469hp vs. 443 in the XLR, attributed to better induction and exhaust flow, because of more available space.

Yes, Cadillac chat told me mine shipped as well 2 weeks ago. So I asked dealer, they said it had not. A week later Cadillac said it was "Available to Ship".

Honestly I wouldn't get your hopes up until you actually touch it in person. There was a guy on here that went to the dealer because he thought it was delivered and it wasn't there. That's how crazy this is.
Yep. Talked to the dealer this morning. According to them it has not shipped. Back to the goat pen for me.

According to what I read this morning, the Escalade-V will be able to do 0-60 in "under 4.4 seconds" . . . it's a 7000lb beast but is only able to tow 7000lbs . . . and, the MSRP starts at $130K . . . even though I'm a former GM Employee, and can get Employee Pricing, I'm sure there is no way that GM will allow Employee pricing on this, but even if it did, that is still waaay out of my price range . . .
I'll stick to my Durango Hellcat . . . it's about 600lbs lighter, has three rows (6 passengers and a driver), can do 0-60 in 3.5 seconds (or less), and can tow up to 8700lbs (these were all factors in my decision to trade in my Trackhawk on the Durango, even though they are the same platform) . . .
While the Escalade is UBER cool with all kinds of fancy that the Durango won't ever have, the Durango will outperform it in every other category . . . I'm a little sad about this, because I had the idea of maybe trading my Durango for one of these . . .

In reagrds to the Escalade V having more hp with the same motor, I'm guessing the extra room for intake/exhaust sizing/flow may have had something to do with the HP increase. Look at the mid 2000's XLR-V and the STS-V. Both has supercharged 4.4L Northstars but the STS had 469hp vs. 443 in the XLR, attributed to better induction and exhaust flow, because of more available space.

And a much larger supercharger. 2.7L supercharger for the Escalade vs 1.7L for the CT5 v BW.

I'm betting on some sort of more ultimate edition for the CT5 blackwing at some time with this supercharger and a hood bulge or some sort of exposed supercharger ala ZR1 coming in the next few years.

And a much larger supercharger. 2.7L supercharger for the Escalade vs 1.7L for the CT5 v BW.

I'm betting on some sort of more ultimate edition for the CT5 blackwing at some time with this supercharger and a hood bulge or some sort of exposed supercharger ala ZR1 coming in the next few years.
Not sure on that, the zr1 will be a hybrid with electric motors for the front wheels and most likely the same motor for the rear wheels as in the new z06

How are they only getting 14hp and less torque out of the Escalade? They must have a completely different torque curve to get that beast going.
Could also be in the converter they used for it, it all plays a role. Or the transfer hub can only hold so much torque before they need to update the internals. That could also be another reason why the 5BW didn’t get AWD. The original plans for the 5BW was to use the LT5 motor, but they would have reengineered the back end. They wanted to put a 325mm tire in the back, but couldn’t get to fit. And the LT5 motor would of sat to high in the engine bay. But having 755hp in the 5BW would of been nice!! 😝

Last edited:
According to what I read this morning, the Escalade-V will be able to do 0-60 in "under 4.4 seconds" . . . it's a 7000lb beast but is only able to tow 7000lbs . . . and, the MSRP starts at $130K . . . even though I'm a former GM Employee, and can get Employee Pricing, I'm sure there is no way that GM will allow Employee pricing on this, but even if it did, that is still waaay out of my price range . . .
I'll stick to my Durango Hellcat . . . it's about 600lbs lighter, has three rows (6 passengers and a driver), can do 0-60 in 3.5 seconds (or less), and can tow up to 8700lbs (these were all factors in my decision to trade in my Trackhawk on the Durango, even though they are the same platform) . . .
While the Escalade is UBER cool with all kinds of fancy that the Durango won't ever have, the Durango will outperform it in every other category . . . I'm a little sad about this, because I had the idea of maybe trading my Durango for one of these . . .
Interestingly, I am in exact same situation but glad the Escalade is priced out of my range. I wouldn't mind getting all the cool gadgets and new technology but cannot justify (or afford) extra $50-60k over my current Hellrango.
With that said, now that Escalade-V details are out (something that I was waiting for) I am seriously considering trading Hellrango for my first European vehicle (Bimmer X5M Competition) 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop