Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
I dont see the downside to getting a 4 in the meantime as they seem to be more readily available. If it doesn't light a fire for you, you wind up with a 5 and likely by then anyway you want it outfitted(CF etc). BUT, if the 4 does the trick, you're in a good spot and you stay put.
It sounds like a broken record at this point. I think Rob should sticky this statement with a title along the lines of "Can't get a 5BW? Lost in life? READ THIS FIRST!"

I don't think a 4 is that easy to get either if you're ordering. That's going to be a long wait too, unless you happen to find a dealer that has one in your spec and is willing to sell at msrp.

Thanks brother! I'm really about done with all of this. I've already accepted my car will not be built for 2022 unless there's intervention from God. In 5 1/2 weeks no more 2022 orders will be accepted. So, that puts me into a 2023 with many unknowns at this point, and I think I need to find a different dealer, or be willing to sit here and wait how long? Again?

On CT4, 1SF if V-Series and 1SP is V-Series Blackwing

On CT5, 1SF is V-Series and 1SV is V-Series Blackwing

Well, that's awesome. Maybe my order will be picked up...🤣...Oh, wait, I have Infrared, which comes and goes on constraint. Oh, wait, I also have carbon backed seats. Oh, and my dealer to busy to call and see what I want to do. Never mind, I'll just stay here at 1100.

Speaking of Infrared, anyone see the wild cherry (or whatever it's called) on Camaros is built out for 2022. They both have GSK as a paint code....hmmmm.

I haven't asked but I have a feeling infrared is going to be discontinued after 2022 model year.... The red on the Escalade V is a new Red (when I was with the engineers in Jan, they had not yet given it a name). I suspect that one will take over on the blackwings as well but I again, just a thought.....

The gray on the Escalade V is called Shark Skin.... I believe that one will replace Satin Steel.... same as above... just a thought...

Satin Steel and Infrared are both constrained, so it make sense...

And the Goat Rodeo King spoketh...did you even had to chase? Almost seemed like they delivered your cars direct from Lansing to you. :ROFLMAO:

Only on Autos? How does that makes sense? Figured common parts can be used between autos and manuals.

I am not certain why, but that's what the constraints say.... says no allocations for CFZ (carbon fiber 1) with MJK (6-speed).... since CFZ is required if you get CFV (carbon fiber 2), they means its not compatible with either....

I hear ya brother. 100k is not chump change , I'm not a CF fan so I'm good, BUT I ain't grabbing no 4BW, my AMG daily does the trick. V8 w 6spd or go home is what I'm talking about..LOL
Only reason I'm considering a 4BW to hold me over is that I have nothing else exciting to drive. Sold my V3 last year when I placed an order, the itch to drive anything is starting to get the best of me.

But really tho, easier to find 4BW in manual right now and more are on the way. The hard part is finding one with CF1/2. Supposedly constraints but talked to a couple dealer and they have 2-3 being built this month.

I haven't asked but I have a feeling infrared is going to be discontinued after 2022 model year.... The red on the Escalade V is a new Red (when I was with the engineers in Jan, they had not yet given it a name). I suspect that one will take over on the blackwings as well but I again, just a thought.....

The gray on the Escalade V is called Shark Skin.... I believe that one will replace Satin Steel.... same as above... just a thought...

Dustin, literally just saw this... seems to go along with your thoughts... https://www.google.com/amp/s/gmauth...aro-to-get-two-new-exterior-paint-colors/amp/

Last edited:
And the Goat Rodeo King spoketh...did you even had to chase? Almost seemed like they delivered your cars direct from Lansing to you. :ROFLMAO:

Only on Autos? How does that makes sense? Figured common parts can be used between autos and manuals.
It's not what you know, it's WHO you know, lol.. 😂

@SOP ..maybe I'm a baby, but it seems like the word "settle" always comes up with this order. With no offense to anyone here....Can't get CF, settle; can't get the color, settle; can't get the seats, settle; Maybe buy a 4BW, settle; maybe buy CTS V, settle; maybe buy a M5, settle; wait until 2023 or 2024, settle; maybe just bail, settle, etc.

Some really tough settles, huh? I know, first world problems. But at $100k, I want what I want. It's not like were talking a Corolla.

I'm sure I'll get shit for this post, maybe I deserve it.
Stick to your guns, because you know what you want and will not be happy until you get it..

I read today that satin steel and infrared are being dropped for 2023 on the XT6 at least. Also a third color, Dark Moon Blue. They are adding Radiant Red (my guess is that's the color on the Escalade V), Opulent Blue (think that was on the V2's), and Argent Silver. Wild Cherry is built out on the Camaro which has the same code (GSK) as Infrared.

So, yes, I agree. Infrared and Satin Steel are gone. I'd also guess one more. GM seems to add delete colors in threes.

Sure hope they have enough Infrared to finish the 2022s they have already picked up. I am at 3400 with Infrared, would change it if I could. I almost changed it to wave blue when the dealer called when they received allocation because I was waffling, but I stuck with the IR and then 2 weeks later it went on constraint.

@Likuid ....I'm sure they do. You wouldn't be at 3400 then not be able to do infrared. That's most likely why it's been on and off constraint

I read today that satin steel and infrared are being dropped for 2023 on the XT6 at least. Also a third color, Dark Moon Blue. They are adding Radiant Red (my guess is that's the color on the Escalade V), Opulent Blue (think that was on the V2's), and Argent Silver. Wild Cherry is built out on the Camaro which has the same code (GSK) as Infrared.

So, yes, I agree. Infrared and Satin Steel are gone. I'd also guess one more. GM seems to add delete colors in threes.
They are bringing Opulent Blue Metallic back for the XT6 to replace the dark blue. Opulent blue is pretty identical to wave metallic - its my current color in my profile profile - so I imagine Wave Metallic could be dropped as the third option

Other News

Due to improving supply of semiconductors, we can confirm that we will resume production of:
  • Heated Steering Wheel (KI3) or (UVD) beginning with production on Mar. 28, 2022.
  • •Front and Rear Park Assist (UD5) or Rear Park Assist (UD7) beginning with production on Apr. 11, 2022.
  • •Heated driver and front passenger seats (KA1), heated second row outboard seats (KA6) beginning with production on Apr. 18, 2022.
  • *Note ventilated seats are not being reintroduced at this time therefore RPOs – KQV, KU9, KU1, KU3 will remain unavailable until further notice.
  • Production for these features will begin on select trims and models and will then be phased in for the remainder.

Super Cruise – Delay of Introduction on 2022 MY Cadillac CT4 / CT5

At beginning of model year, we communicated our expectation to offer Super Cruise (UKL) as an available option on both CT4 and CT5 models. Due to the continued impact of the industry-wide shortage, we are announcing that the feature will not be available for the 2022 Model Year. For those dealers with orders that were accepted with Super Cruise, representatives from Cadillac will reach out to discuss revising these vehicle orders. Cadillac will communicate when dealers can begin accepting orders for Super Cruise for the CT4 and CT5.

Note: Super Cruise was never going to be available on the V Blackwing but it was supposed to be on the normal V, so this is applicable to this forum..
These constraints are getting real hard to follow. I have a theoretical 4BW getting theoretically built the week of 4/18, and it's totally unclear whether I'll be getting any hand heaters, bumper beepers, or ass aerators.

These constraints are getting real hard to follow. I have a theoretical 4BW getting theoretically built the week of 4/18, and it's totally unclear whether I'll be getting any hand heaters, bumper beepers, or ass aerators.
Yea, this is my biggest fear. With all these new changes, I'm like huh what? I got all the packages that aren't CF, as I just need tech. So for me, those things are the most important piece, and the areas I really don't want to "settle". Sucks...

@1StunnaV I've got an order for a 5 in at Grapevine, but thinking of getting a 4 in the mean time. I don't know if you're in finance or not, but do you have any idea what the rates are like right now? Really need something ASAP. Do you guys have any 4s on the lot, or any lot you know of lol?

I still haven't had the ability to view my window sticker but I think at this point my car built on 3/16 only lost it's bumper beepers which will be retrofitted hopefully sooner than q4 now that they seem to be coming back for new builds. I may have the hand heaters and the ass aerators but won't find out until I start pushing every button when my car finally ships to a dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop