Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Billy Boat Exhaust

Cadillac CT4-V model

bl4ck_wng

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing, Razor E100
I just reached out to BBE to inquire whether they are still actively working on a 4BW exhaust system and the short answer was yes. It's still a prototype, but it is in the works.

I would love to see this make it all the way to production, but have zero expectations. We shall see.

See inquiry below --

1701811401369.png

glad they heard enough potential interest to pursue it. interested to see what they create.

A part of me is thinking we have a better chance of someone like Dinan or Fabspeed developing something - it might be more expensive, but that would be their shot at making the profit they need for such a low production vehicle

I wished some of the usual ones like Borla and Corsa would make exhausts for these cars, like they did for the ATS-V.

I wished some of the usual ones like Borla and Corsa would make exhausts for these cars, like they did for the ATS-V.

everyone should blast out some emails, they told me they needed to see some more demand first

Just curious but, why the need to have a big name like Corsa or Borla to do the work? A shop capable of mandrel bends is about all you need. What am I missing?

Just curious but, why the need to have a big name like Corsa or Borla to do the work? A shop capable of mandrel bends is about all you need. What am I missing?

They seem to put some R&D into their exhaust systems. For example the Corsa on the ATS-V appears to use helmholtz resonators to reduce drone.

The Borla also maintains the exhaust valves. I'm sure their exhaust is nicer than something that a shop can make on the spot.

The Borla also maintains the exhaust valves. I'm sure their exhaust is nicer than something that a shop can make on the spot.
I would expect the same if they're planning to put their name on it. Maintaining the valves I think is a big component to the majority of those interested in changing from OEM. I guess my thought is the routing of it really can't change much from one builder to the next. Whats left? The muffler. I guess those designs have some difference from each manu but still. The most important aspect of an exhaust was typically less restrictions. We aren't building new heads, just a straight pipe..

When Evo's first hit our shores I purchased an AMS knock off TBE for 25% the cost of a real one. I am lucky enough that AMS was also about 15 minutes away from home so needless to say, they did the hard work for me. After installing it I had to tune it next. When I arrived at the shop they immediately knew the exhaust and where it came from. After listening to them and their complaints they still took the car for tune. The outcome mirrored other cars with the same upgrades as well as their versus my TBE. My china made piece of shit was a true 3" mandrel bent exhaust that some 8 year old probably welded up. Saved me hundreds of dollars which at the time was probably months saved up.

Add me to the list of want to change for something louder. In the end I guess I really don't care where it comes from or who makes it so long as it is of quality and performance enhancing and LOUDER!

I reached out to Borla first because they did a ton of R&D on the NPP system for the ATS-V. In theory, that system should be optimizable for the 4BW with little effort. It also sounds terrific in person. Deep, but far from raspy and obnoxious on stock downpipes. It is dyno validated as well (this is my only requirement for purchasing any aftermarket or custom solution - no loss of power).

Then I saw someone here on the forums mention they provided their car to Billy Boat for R&D, so that became option #2. I am now considering this option as the most likely to come to fruition since development is confirmed as in progress (December 2023). They already have measurements of the car, and plan on mocking a system up if they can get the R&D donor car back for testing.

After all of this, aFe reached out and showed some interest as well. They are now option #3 for us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing that is universal from my conversations with manufacturers across the USA, is that the 5BW owners are far more outspoken with their requests for support. They think we don't want mods!!!!

Hungry Food GIF

Last edited:
ct4bw.jpg

A look at the stock 4BW system. It's interesting how the Y-pipe after the cats are uneven, maybe to work around the transmission mount? I wonder if that affects the power somehow.

It also looks like the valves are only at the exhaust tips? I thought for some reason there were more valves

Yes the valves are inside the tips. So all your local muffler shop has to do is cut off the stock tips and re-weld them onto your new, custom exhaust, and viola - stock exhaust variability in tact.

The stock system does not drone. If any drone needs to be cancelled, its a new noise the "high performance" companies added inadvertently.

This is the second GM LS engine I've used locally sourced exhaust shops to simply uncover the great natural sound of the engine.

Think about it - why waste all that time, effort and money on mufflers when you want it louder ?!?!?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back