Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT-5 BW Exhaust - Pre Production

Ours is done, and it's way more affordable than the Kooks since we are only replacing the rear section. Also it won't mess with emissions. However valve function is lost which IMHO isn't a big deal. Put about 1000 miles on our car now and it doesn't bother me in town or interstate.

We haven't loaded it to our site yet though as we only have one spare unit built at this time.
I phoned in and was told that there were no plans to produce this catback as there was no interest. So… is this available to order along with pricing or no?

I phoned in and was told that there were no plans to produce this catback as there was no interest. So… is this available to order along with pricing or no?

We're pretty swamped with C8 vette stuff right now. The CT5V stuff is all back burner and interest seems to be low on this item so it's not taking priority right now.

Here's a phone from the under side.

Attachments

• FCC5702C-E290-42D9-9D71-3306286DA930.jpg
    FCC5702C-E290-42D9-9D71-3306286DA930.jpg
    970.5 KB · Views: 109
So can I order one?

Looking to tuck those tips an extra inch or so as well.

Doable? pricing?

I would be very interested. I damaged my exhaust with a large rock incident and need to replace. Would like to keep the rectangular tips however.

I just hit my 6th strike out with local shops. :(

Believe it or not, the last one was the very first that was actually interested in doing something. They were at the shop 30 minutes before the 7:30 opening time. I was in pretty quick, and they really looked at it. Then they said they'd do some research and call me back, and an hour later I actually got the call. Nothing concrete yet, but they are actually following up. All from Midas !!

They said (and showed me) there are only the cats right at the exhaust manifolds, but no secondary cats and no resonators. They said that would make straight pipes significantly louder than my old Camaro. Hmmmm.

Borla appears to be the only big name aftermarket that makes pipes with functional valves (not sure what NPP stands for). They're setup for the ZL1 Camaro is $3200, but appears to only be available as a cat-back. I only need axle-back, so I'll contact them when customer service is open an get more info.

This is extremely frustrating...........

Let me ask again…

So can I order one?

Looking to tuck those tips an extra inch or so as well.

Doable? pricing?

I contacted AWE and AFE, with similar results. AFE makes a system for ZL1s that is exactly as I imagined for my car:

Still working with local shops. That's an awful lot of fabrication on that AFE model. I may test a bypass muffler that has both muffled and straight-through built in first.

Stay tuned............I'll post results when I have some.

Still no response from Paragon?
NPP is the option code for the exhaust with valves. It doesn’t stand for anything.

Paragon did respond. They said ‘no’. IMHO, part of the reason Paragon had no interest from community is it was the wrong product.

And a lot of guys are going to find that virtually no legal exhaust will give you the sound you want since there is so much noise mitigation in the cabin. The OEM exhaust with valves open is a beast a WOT and downshifts…you just have to be outside the car to appreciate it.

Still no response from Paragon
NPP is the option code for the exhaust with valves. It doesn’t stand for anything.

Paragon did respond. They said ‘no’. IMHO, part of the reason Paragon had no interest from community is it was the wrong product.

And a lot of guys are going to find that virtually no legal exhaust will give you the sound you want since there is so much noise mitigation in the cabin. The OEM exhaust with valves open is a beast a WOT and downshifts…you just have to be outside the car to appreciate it.
What? Where did you read “No”?

Last they said was that it wasnt a priority. So I asked for clarity… meaning if I call and pay will you build me one. So far they havent responded.

Paragon is like the other manufacturers I presume - none will build a one-off system. They're only interested in a new product line when they think there's adequate potential sales. I agree with Matt - without the variability, I have no interest in their "system".

Unfortunately, nobody currently believes there are enough BWs to warrant a new product. :(

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back