Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT-5 BW Exhaust - Pre Production

Coming from a valveless sport exhaust on my old c63 I for one never missed the lack of valves. Once you get used to it, and if it sounds as good as it should, you'll never be using the valved mode anyways. How many times have y'all in here turned down the exhaust note in your my mode?? I'd be willing to bet not many. With the amount of sound deadening the BW cabin has I'm sure it is totally livable inside as well. Keep us posted on how the final versions come along!
My my mode has exhaust on the quietest setting...

Kooks header systems have been released and we received the very first shipment. All preorders have already been shipped out as well.

These headers make the CT5-V Blackwing sound ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE with the factory muffler still in place. I can't recommend them strongly enough.

NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the love of the baby Jesus stop it!!!!

Kooks header systems have been released and we received the very first shipment. All preorders have already been shipped out as well.

These headers make the CT5-V Blackwing sound ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE with the factory muffler still in place. I can't recommend them strongly enough.

WARNING: This is a RACE ONLY product manufactured and sold for installation on vehicles to be used solely for competition purposes. Once this part is installed, the vehicle may never be used, or registered or licensed for use, on a public road or highway. If you install this part on your vehicle and use the vehicle on a public road or highway, you will violate the Clean Air Act 203(a)(3), 42 U.S.C, 7522(a)(3) and may be subject to personal civil or criminal liability, including fines of up to $4,819 per day. Not for sale or use in California.

What a joke🤣

Only an issue in Candicornia

Ours is done, and it's way more affordable than the Kooks since we are only replacing the rear section. Also it won't mess with emissions. However valve function is lost which IMHO isn't a big deal. Put about 1000 miles on our car now and it doesn't bother me in town or interstate.

We haven't loaded it to our site yet though as we only have one spare unit built at this time.
Is this still happening?

So the exhaust that Paragon was working on releasing was the Kooks?

Ok, in that case I have no idea why WONT TAP dropped in and responded with the Kooks exhaust.

Can you send me photos and pricing of what you have finished?

Ours is done, and it's way more affordable than the Kooks since we are only replacing the rear section. Also it won't mess with emissions. However valve function is lost which IMHO isn't a big deal. Put about 1000 miles on our car now and it doesn't bother me in town or interstate.

We haven't loaded it to our site yet though as we only have one spare unit built at this time.
Can y’all do a 4BW??? An exhaust option for these cars would be nice, hell different performance options for these cars would be nice.

Ok, in that case I have no idea why WONT TAP dropped in and responded with the Kooks exhaust.

Can you send me photos and pricing of what you have finished?
That was a mistake on my part. I saw there was a thread asking about exhaust options. When I opened this thread, it was on page 2, so I never realized a specific system was being discussed.

Edit: I was able to delete my post in this thread. Sorry for butting in!

Paragon - I just got my car yesterday, but I have been planning to make it WAY louder since I ordered it. So I am very interested in your offering.

But I am confused about not supporting the existing stock valves. They are just a simple butterfly a few inches inside the stock tips. The only thing a customer has to do to keep them operational is to have the installer attach your new muffler to the existing stock tips. Any muffler shop can do this.

???

Videos don't convey much in the way of V8 power. Subjectively, is it loud ? I have the stock setup in the loudest setting and I can barely hear it. Straight pipes is what I want for the loud side, with a regular muffler on the quiet side. Being able to change it is a very nice feature.

If you don't want to share publicly, please PM me with pricing and contact info.

Thanks.

Really, have you ran straight pipes before? I ran open headers on a 350ci once for a short time while I was waiting to get some exhaust work done on a car. Pretty damn loud.

No comparo of an open header 350 to a set up exhaust on an LT4

I had straight pipes on my 5th Gen Camaro. It was not supercharged, but the shop told me that manual trans cars had the cats and resonators. Whatever those are, the sound was perfect.

In today's cars I would call that a muffler delete. Guess my terminology is dating back to the 70s before there were cats and resonators. When we had strait pipes it generally meant a short section of pipe attached to the headers and nothing else.

Last edited:
In today's cars I would call that a muffler delete. Guess my terminology is dating back to the 70s before there were cats and resonators. When we had strait pipes it generally meant a short section of pipe attached to the headers and nothing else.
LOL, so we are around the same age,.....

I did delete the mufflers. But modern cars have catalytic converters, and my Camaro apparently had "resonators" also. I left all that in place. I just got rid of the ugly mufflers hanging out in plain view in front of the rear bumper. Not sure what else is upstream of the mufflers on our cars besides the cats. Anyone else know ?

Let me know if you want to record back-to-back videos with your modded exhaust vs. my stock one. Might be a good way to showcase the product.

Let me know if you want to record back-to-back videos with your modded exhaust vs. my stock one. Might be a good way to showcase the product.
Please do I’m curious.

I really do love the look of the stock tips though.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back