Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Howdy from Houston

Hardylee

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V BW
CT4V BW 10AT black on black

Had a 6MT Wrangler that I sold because I was having rotator cuff surgery and was in a sling for 8 weeks. I’m sure the V would be a blast in 6 MT but honestly it’s nice to not have to shift for a couple years. I’d say 60% of the cars I’ve owned have been manuals and I love them and don’t think they are difficult to drive in traffic like some people say (that’s their excuse for not driving one). If you drive stick you do it without thinking about it, like breathing or scratching your balls. I will say that at the time I bought the Jeep, I thought it made sense to have a Jeep that was MT, just like it made sense to have a winch that didn’t see a lot of use and a CB that saw even less. But the Jeep is nothing short of annoyingly slooooooow and would have been better suited the an AT. In fact when I put larger 38” wheels on her, top speed was recognized in 4th gear until I regeared and then when those gears broke I regeared again and once more before getting rid of it with 65k miles.

But since this isn’t a Jeep user forum, I would like to share my experiences at my dealership for my first oil change. I will find the appropriate forum and I hope you read about just how badly things can go and how poor service can be on a car you pay $70. Houston, we have a problem(s).

IMG_1831.jpeg

Welcome, fellow Houstonian.

CT4V BW 10AT black on black

Had a 6MT Wrangler that I sold because I was having rotator cuff surgery and was in a sling for 8 weeks. I’m sure the V would be a blast in 6 MT but honestly it’s nice to not have to shift for a couple years. I’d say 60% of the cars I’ve owned have been manuals and I love them and don’t think they are difficult to drive in traffic like some people say (that’s their excuse for not driving one). If you drive stick you do it without thinking about it, like breathing or scratching your balls. I will say that at the time I bought the Jeep, I thought it made sense to have a Jeep that was MT, just like it made sense to have a winch that didn’t see a lot of use and a CB that saw even less. But the Jeep is nothing short of annoyingly slooooooow and would have been better suited the an AT. In fact when I put larger 38” wheels on her, top speed was recognized in 4th gear until I regeared and then when those gears broke I regeared again and once more before getting rid of it with 65k miles.

But since this isn’t a Jeep user forum, I would like to share my experiences at my dealership for my first oil change. I will find the appropriate forum and I hope you read about just how badly things can go and how poor service can be on a car you pay $70. Houston, we have a problem(s).

View attachment 18882
Just recovering from rotator repair, I feel your pain literally.
Welcome and congrats on your choice.
I too have a 5 w/mt, in fact every vehicle but 1 in the stable is a manual transmission. My wife still loves her Rubicon also a manual, I'll pass, I agree too slow and too cramped.
Best of luck with your BW. Make sure you get in touch with Spring Mountain to get a date sooner than later.

Welcome, fellow Houstonian.
I had a Scoobie about 15 years ago. I don’t remember the exact year but it was a WRX wagon. I can’t remember if they also made a coupe that year as well. I didn’t know enough to pony up for the Sti when I made the purchase but I, like many other Subaru owners found websites like NASIOC (National Association of Subaru Impreza Owners Club) and dove headfirst into the aftermarket and by the time was ready to trade/sell her she was a (mostly)full Sti conversion mostly because I blew the 2.0 and switched to a FMIC feeding a new 2.5 with forged pistons. What part of town are you in? I live around the Washington Corridor, in between Heights and River Oaks.

Booked a spot at Spring Mtn yesterday. Does Houston have a NASIOC for Caddy?

I had a Scoobie about 15 years ago.
There are several former and current WRX/Evo owners on this site. I think one guy kept his STI as his winter daily. Another guy has something like an Evo V (Five) in his garage.

What part of town are you in? I live around the Washington Corridor, in between Heights and River Oaks.
I lived in Timbergrove off of 11th and TC Jester for several years back in the 90s and early 00s. Left after TS Allison destroyed my house. Now I'm way down off Highway 6 in Missouri City

Booked a spot at Spring Mtn yesterday.
What date? I'm going the 19th of this month.

Does Houston have a NASIOC for Caddy?
Nearest thing I know of is the Cadillac V Club. But that's an official "pay dues" organization. Don't think it is my style.

There are just waaaay fewer of these cars than Subarus. When I had my Evos those were rare cars. But they made like 3 or 4 times as many of those as 4 BWs.

NASIOC was pretty cool. I joined it back when I had my first Evo, LOL. I daily drove AWD Japanese cars for 18 years. It's weird to not be part of that community anymore. But the Evo is dead, the STI is dead. Time marches on. And I fracking love my car.

My track date is not till November. I just found out about them about three weeks ago. The dealership didn’t mehttps://www.cadillacvnet.com/forums/attachments/upload?type=post&context[thread_id]=3857&hash=02d0814eeacae651499b2d91fa6f412fntion it to me. Same with getting the Blackwing emblem.

I really like the BW, too. One of my favs for sure. These are my precious cars
88 Mustang GT
92 Pathfinder
94 Trans Am
96 Isuzu Tropper
1999 special edition Mazda Miata
2001 Audi A6 4,2
2003 Land Rover Discovery
2004 Land Rover Discovery
2006 WRX wagon
2008 Lexus is350
2011 Audi S5
2006 Carerra S Convertible
2009 Carerra C4S Convertible
2014 BMW M4
2018 Wranglef JL Rubicon
2022 CT4V Blackwing

All the years aren’t correct but I remembered the best I could.

These are my precious cars
Looks like you went back and forth between sports cars and off road vehicles a few times!

My 4BW shares a garage with a 2018 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X (4x4 with an OEM rear e-locker). I'd say I'm about 70% sports car guy / 30% 4x4 guy.

When I had the STI and the Fronty that seemed like a cool garage where the vehicles complimented each other. Now with the Blackwing I'm thinking I need to upgrade the Fronty. Ranger Raptor? That would be a badass garage. Except I can't afford it, LOL.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back