Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Arod221 Shadow Metallic build thread

arod221

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V BW Matte Shadow Metallic
Hey all...been on here since the birth of the "GOAT RODEO" since I finally picked my car up I figured I would start the build thread. I understand that I am going to do a bunch of stuff to this car that most may disagree with, but as with everything else, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I appreciate all types of "constructive" criticism but would really appreciate the negative comments to be left out. That being said, on to the thread...

February 4th, 2022 (day 1)
The delivery pictures. Before anyone asks...the car is filthy. I asked the dealer not to clean the car because it was taken straight to my detail shop. (Elite Finish of San Diego)
list of things being done at Elite Finish
Full paint correction
STEK Dynomatte PPF entire car
Ceramic coating over PPF
remove all badges except front crest (if there are no holes in the trunk)
35% tint on sides and rear 50% tint on windshield
Fit and order 20" 3pc AL13 wheels
IMG_5725.JPG
IMG_5726.JPG
IMG_5727.JPG
IMG_5728.JPG
66571423045__7F481B42-EFCA-46B7-A092-6CE48D407ACE.JPG
IMG_5732.JPG

Last edited:
February 12th, 2022 (Day 8)
SD Cars and Coffee at Elite Finish in San Diego. The car has been there at the shop waiting to be PPF'd, tinted, and debadged. While it's there we will be ordering new wheels for it as well which will hopefully be finished building in a couple of months. They had a chance to at least wipe it down and get most of the hard water spots off but not much else yet. P.S. that's my Blue Ram 2500 in the background.
IMG_5791.JPG
IMG_5792.JPG
IMG_5793.JPG
IMG_5794.JPG
IMG_5795.JPG
IMG_5796.JPG
IMG_5797.JPG

Hey all...been on here since the birth of the "GOAT RODEO" since I finally picked my car up I figured I would start the build thread. I understand that I am going to do a bunch of stuff to this car that most may disagree with, but as with everything else, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I appreciate all types of "constructive" criticism but would really appreciate the negative comments to be left out. That being said, on to the thread...

February 4th, 2022 (day 1)
The delivery pictures. Before anyone asks...the car is filthy. I asked the dealer not to clean the car because it was taken straight to my detail shop. (Elite Finish of San Diego)View attachment 7119View attachment 7120View attachment 7121View attachment 7122View attachment 7123View attachment 7124
Whats the stuff your going to do to your car besides work u had done at detail shop?

Im working with a manufacturer out of chicago, just need to get car measured. Ievil55 was going to meet up with my guy but he has been traveling a lot

I have one on order with this same color. Im a toss up between this color and infrared tintcoat. I keep seeing this color change from more greenish tint like Phantom Grey Metallic to more blue like your pictures. I really need to see this color firsthand to stop second guessing myself. :p

Look forward to monitoring the thread. My order is for Rift Metallic, but since I have resigned myself to not having CF1, I might change to this color. Rift needs that black carbon spoiler or it is just too "old man" for me.

I have one on order with this same color. Im a toss up between this color and infrared tintcoat. I keep seeing this color change from more greenish tint like Phantom Grey Metallic to more blue like your pictures. I really need to see this color firsthand to stop second guessing myself. :p
I have this car and a shadow metallic XT-6 I love this color. check it out in person first....on another note, Infrared is beautiful too...tough choices bud.

I'm pretty sure I am leaning towards this wheel but in a different finish....but everyone will have to wait to find out the color.View attachment 7137
Are you gonna share more details about the wheel?

What width , off set and maybe even pricing?

Im doing ceramic coating and wheels as soon as I get mine. 20a for sure

Are you gonna share more details about the wheel?

What width , off set and maybe even pricing?

Im doing ceramic coating and wheels as soon as I get mine. 20a for sure
just FYI 99% of the wheel manufacturers of custom forged wheels will not share (even with the owners) the offsets. If I do get the full details of the wheels I will certainly do my best to reach out to individuals interested and let them know. It's not something that I will openly post out of respect for the manufacturers wishes.
I hope that doesn't sound too crappy but I also have to do what I can to stay on the manufacturers good side if I plan to work with them again.

for example, I still don't know what the offsets were on my Camaro wheels. I only know the diameter and widths. they wanted to keep the offsets secret because they put time and effort into measuring out the wheel wells which I'm sure the time and labor is factored into the cost of the wheels considering how much these forged wheels cost these days.

on the other hand, Mirza has been kind enough to give us the information on the factory wheels which gives people a very good idea of what offsets are possible given a little bit of at home/driveway measuring.

I know that 909motoring's owner in Ontario CA has a rift CT5-V BW that he has already put a 20x11(F) and 20X12.5(R) that being said there is a bunch of extra space under these fenders to play with.
I talked to him for about 4 hrs. and he wouldn't share his wheel offsets with me either.

just FYI 99% of the wheel manufacturers of custom forged wheels will not share (even with the owners) the offsets. If I do get the full details of the wheels I will certainly do my best to reach out to individuals interested and let them know. It's not something that I will openly post out of respect for the manufacturers wishes.
I hope that doesn't sound too crappy but I also have to do what I can to stay on the manufacturers good side if I plan to work with them again.

for example, I still don't know what the offsets were on my Camaro wheels. I only know the diameter and widths. they wanted to keep the offsets secret because they put time and effort into measuring out the wheel wells which I'm sure the time and labor is factored into the cost of the wheels considering how much these forged wheels cost these days.

on the other hand, Mirza has been kind enough to give us the information on the factory wheels which gives people a very good idea of what offsets are possible given a little bit of at home/driveway measuring.

I know that 909motoring's owner in Ontario CA has a rift CT5-V BW that he has already put a 20x11(F) and 20X12.5(R) that being said there is a bunch of extra space under these fenders to play with.
I talked to him for about 4 hrs. and he wouldn't share his wheel offsets with me either.
Why would they be secretive about the offset? Thats kinda need to know information for the end consumer. If the wheel company I was looking at wouldn't or couldn't tell me the specs of the wheel that I'm shelling out thousands of dollars for, I'd be picking a different company, just my opinion.

Why would they be secretive about the offset? Thats kinda need to know information for the end consumer. If the wheel company I was looking at wouldn't or couldn't tell me the specs of the wheel that I'm shelling out thousands of dollars for, I'd be picking a different company, just my opinion.
I agree with your statement...however, if you knew the offsets you could have another wheel company make you the wheel...they want your money over all else.

I agree with your statement...however, if you knew the offsets you could have another wheel company make you the wheel...they want your money over all else.
That's how it was when I had ForgeStar F14s made. Everyone would be like, love the fitment, what's your offset? I would shrug and say sorry, I dont know lol.

I'm pretty sure I am leaning towards this wheel but in a different finish....but everyone will have to wait to find out the color.View attachment 7137
I think we have spoke via pm on custom wheels for the 5 and you told me which manufacturer you were working with. As well i have talked in length w 909 The only issue i have is both of these choices of manufacturers are waaaaaay over my budget. My guy out of chicago aerolarri has some amazing choices and a lot less $$$ Once he can get the measurements , i will have a set on my car and will help him promote these for blackwings and previous gen v’s Yes they are made in china but most are if not taiwan. And for $100 lifetime warranty…… when i get my car next week, on a facetime call , he will guide me on what measurements he need
That's how it was when I had ForgeStar F14s made. Everyone would be like, love the fitment, what's your offset? I would shrug and say sorry, I dont know lol.
just a matter of time this wont be a top secret deal…. Geez

I think we have spoke via pm on custom wheels for the 5 and you told me which manufacturer you were working with. As well i have talked in length w 909 The only issue i have is both of these choices of manufacturers are waaaaaay over my budget. My guy out of chicago aerolarri has some amazing choices and a lot less $$$ Once he can get the measurements , i will have a set on my car and will help him promote these for blackwings and previous gen v’s Yes they are made in china but most are if not taiwan. And for $100 lifetime warranty…… when i get my car next week, on a facetime call , he will guide me on what measurements he need

just a matter of time this wont be a top secret deal…. Geez
:) no worries… the specs for the OEM wheels are out and that makes everything else not such a big secret.

Besides the CTSV shouldn’t be too far off the ct5 and neither will the Camaros.

Keep us posted.

@arod221 , a license plate frame from Elite does not make it a build, I'm just sayin'. Oops, I guess that wasn't very constructive. 😜
🤣

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners