Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Arod221 Shadow Metallic build thread

Is Arod's car the most tricked out 5BW out there right now? I can't even justify aftermarket forged rims because the OEM wheels are already forged...

Is Arod's car the most tricked out 5BW out there right now? I can't even justify aftermarket forged rims because the OEM wheels are already forged...
my guess.....is yes, at this point. @Drozboyz is looking pretty good as well...maybe he'll start a build thread soon if he hasn't already. I'm a firm believer that everyone should start a build thread to document all of our mods.

Shadow Metallic seems like the most underrated color available on the Blackwings. I love it - frozen or not.
we have a shadow metallic XT-6 for the wife and kiddo...I knew when we bought that car it would have to be the color for my BW...I like that there aren't too many of them around as well.

Shadow Metallic seems like the most underrated color available on the Blackwings. I love it - frozen or not.
I believe I saw one parked in the shade and it confirmed that color is way too dark for the understated look of these cars. I could barely make out the fender vent. Good if you're going for stealth look though.

March 23rd 2022, (day 48)

Took a ride up to Air Ride Equipment to pick up the car after getting bagged....I’m sure I am about to get flamed for this but, it’s my car and I love it. Now just waiting for the wheels to get built and this thing will be done for a little bit. Next on the list will be to work on making the engine bay pretty.
12F17FBF-0346-46DD-ADEF-8C7D65304FE9.jpeg
5178C5B1-9BCD-460A-91F6-155CEF4167EF.jpeg
C6D7DE26-ED0F-4B67-BF9F-39D051E0A2BD.jpeg

March 23rd 2022, (day 48)

Took a ride up to Air Ride Equipment to pick up the car after getting bagged....I’m sure I am about to get flamed for this but, it’s my car and I love it. Now just waiting for the wheels to get built and this thing will be done for a little bit. Next on the list will be to work on making the engine bay pretty
As long as the car keeps its functionality and ability to perform like it should, I don't see anything wrong with bags! Kudos to you for doing this before anyone else!

I'd love to see pics of the work they did for you. It looks killer!
basically remove the springs and replace them with air bags...everything else remains the same as factory. of course 2 compressors, a tank, and an air management (brain) are all in the trunk. I will take some pictures of that this weekend and upload them here.

basically remove the springs and replace them with air bags...everything else remains the same as factory. of course 2 compressors, a tank, and an air management (brain) are all in the trunk. I will take some pictures of that this weekend and upload them here.
No welding for new cups? I'm impressed. "Bolt-on" usually isn't "bolt-on"

How much softer does it feel over the stock springs?
its hard to describe it...the car still feels just as stiff and composed while cornering but it does have a little bounce to it now. also, as stated earlier, the mag ride still works so there is a little bit of adjustment still.

hahaha its not a mini truck from back in the 90's...they now make air bags that fit into existing spring cups
Having built a few choppers, I've never felt the luxury of an easy install. Glad it was that easy for you. I've considered going the bag route on my '55 before but never looked into the new stuff obviously.

Having built a few choppers, I've never felt the luxury of an easy install. Glad it was that easy for you. I've considered going the bag route on my '55 before but never looked into the new stuff obviously.
well for sure in a 55 you'll be welding bag brackets on the rear axle but thats not too difficult especially considering you sound like you might be able to weld and fabricate.

What wheels did you decide to go with again? We need to fix that sunken battleship ASAP. :p

Also, figured out what specs you're going with? Fully dropped, looks like you still got alot of room to the fenders.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back