Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Arod221 Shadow Metallic build thread

What wheels did you decide to go with again? We need to fix that sunken battleship ASAP. :p

Also, figured out what specs you're going with? Fully dropped, looks like you still got alot of room to the fenders.
Eh? You couldn't fit a sheet of paper in there.

March 23rd 2022, (day 48)

Took a ride up to Air Ride Equipment to pick up the car after getting bagged....I’m sure I am about to get flamed for this but, it’s my car and I love it. Now just waiting for the wheels to get built and this thing will be done for a little bit. Next on the list will be to work on making the engine bay pretty.View attachment 7790View attachment 7791View attachment 7792
Looks great! In your first post, you said that you planned on removing all badges except the front crest; and remove the rear only if there are no holes left in the trunk.

I see the rear crest is still on. Did you change your mind? Would removal have left holes in the trunk? Thanks!

Looks great! In your first post, you said that you planned on removing all badges except the front crest; and remove the rear only if there are no holes left in the trunk.

I see the rear crest is still on. Did you change your mind? Would removal have left holes in the trunk? Thanks!
yup, that's exactly correct....Cadillac in their infinite wisdom decided that they needed to drill two holes in the deck lid behind the rear crest.....I thought we were over this drilling holes for emblem thing a long time ago...guess I was wrong. So frustrating. I'm eventually just going to pull it back off and paint it black or come up with a custom (blue heavy) color scheme for the crest.

Eh? You couldn't fit a sheet of paper in there.
Matt, yes I am having AL13 wheels cut a set of R-60's for me....
20x10 +17 fronts (only moving outwards 3MM because of bags)
20x11 +50 rears (leaving the rear at factory specs due to air bags)

If I remained with a static suspension set-up we could have gotten a little more aggressive with the wheels but of course being the first to get this crazy with modifying the car I want to play it a little safe and we will play with some 2-5MM spacers front and back to get the best fitment possible.
Both HRE and AL13 after measurements did not suggest going with a wider wheel due to the proximity of the rear suspension components.....I will take their word for it as they are the professionals. I'm still trying to figure out how AGwheels is claiming to have stuffed a 12.5 wide rear wheel under our fenders??? seems a little suspect to me after talking with HRE and AL13.

Matt, yes I am having AL13 wheels cut a set of R-60's for me....
20x10 +17 fronts (only moving outwards 3MM because of bags)
20x11 +50 rears (leaving the rear at factory specs due to air bags)

If I remained with a static suspension set-up we could have gotten a little more aggressive with the wheels but of course being the first to get this crazy with modifying the car I want to play it a little safe and we will play with some 2-5MM spacers front and back to get the best fitment possible.
Both HRE and AL13 after measurements did not suggest going with a wider wheel due to the proximity of the rear suspension components.....I will take their word for it as they are the professionals. I'm still trying to figure out how AGwheels is claiming to have stuffed a 12.5 wide rear wheel under our fenders??? seems a little suspect to me after talking with HRE and AL13.
Those will look great, what color are you going with?

May 19, 2022 (day 104)
The wheels finally showed up a couple of weeks late and not without problems. had to send one back because the finish was less than perfect but they assured me that I'd have it back in about a week. Overall I'm super happy with the design and how the finish turned out can't wait for the last one so I can get these mounted on the car. Went with F 285/30/20 and R 305/30/20 Michelin Sport cup 2 tires since PS4S's are back ordered until god only knows when. nothing wrong with some added grip.
IMG_6437.JPG
IMG_6435.JPG

I don't think I'm doing Cup 2s again. I've gotten caught in the rain twice this week and they are a bit puckery.

I don't think I'm doing Cup 2s again. I've gotten caught in the rain twice this week and they are a bit puckery.
I'm fortunate enough to live in Southern California where it rarely rains and I have a Tesla for a commuter so the BW doesn't leave the garage when there is questionable weather.

I'm fortunate enough to live in Southern California where it rarely rains and I have a Tesla for a commuter so the BW doesn't leave the garage when there is questionable weather.
This is on the Roadster, a third car. It's been rare, but getting caught in the rain has been sketchy like I said.

Looks good, surprised you didnt go blue with the hardware too.
That would have looked cool but it wasn’t offered and I didn’t even think about it until after we had ordered them. I have titanium lugs with burnt blue tops so maybe that will provide some more contrast

How much were they? I'm looking for wheels now but having a hell of a time finding something that will clear the rear brakes on a CT4.

How much were they? I'm looking for wheels now but having a hell of a time finding something that will clear the rear brakes on a CT4.

I believe these are Apex EC-7s - don't know anything about the fitment - I had talked to them a little about a CT5 fitment but ended up going OEM.

Price varies depending on wheel style and finish options. They are in the HRE ballpark generally speaking though.

May 27 2022 (day 112)
Last wheel showed up and I got the tire mounted.....then we mounted the wheels and prayed that the front fitment would work without trashing the front fenders when aired out. ultimately I chose to go with a 20x10 -12mm front wheel with 285/30/20 tires. The fitment literally couldn't have been better. I will try to get some pictures of it at normal driving height so you guys can see what the fronts look like without being aired out. the refs I kept GM's stock fitment because I was worried about them rubbing in the rear (20x11 -50mm) 305/30/20 tires. Over all I am extremely happy with how it has turned out do far......more stuff coming in a little bit. I have a bunch of audio equipment waiting for install and maybe some performance items down the road with Trifecta finally cracking the C8 ECU. I'm heavily considering switching back to a static drop with lowering springs when someone develops them and BMR everything in the rear to make the rear end more solid. I'll keep waiting for springs until then.
2686A867-C656-4C62-92E7-71DE22210BB2.jpeg
9BEB8C86-E898-4BE9-A19D-2EEE7FFEB485.jpeg
83992871-BF58-4231-8407-2698D2316855.jpeg
9A718610-5581-4D95-B9DD-49199D3C848A.jpeg
EC85E33C-8D00-4D57-A682-A9D0F4C934B8.jpeg

Last edited:
Stunning!

Love the finish - looks amazing on the shadow metallic! Love the wheels too!

Stocks up front are 19x10 +20 right? So you moved it out 32mm? Thats alot of poke and suprised that it sat inside the fenders. What lug nuts did you end up running? Doesnt seem to have a whole lot of options for m14x1.5 compared to m12s.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back