Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Allocations

I am unclear about how the Dealer new car allocation process works.

I am assuming that Cadillac allocations to Dealerships are for a specific car year and model. Is that correct? In other words, Escalades have their set of allocations and Blackwings have their own separate set of allocations.

If that assumption is right, then when Dealers get allocations for the Cadillac 2022 Blackwings, are the allocations separated by Blackwing model?
In other words, is there one set of allocations for the 2022 CT4-V Blackwings and a separate set of allocations for the CT5-V Blackwings?
Or is the allocation simply for “a 2022 Blackwing” and the Dealership can fill it with either a CT4-V order or a CT5-V order?
Thanks!
Still sitting at 1100 since 02/23 for our CT5-V . . . . .
Good to know I'm not the only one still at 1100! I actually called the sales manager at my dealer today to get a better understanding of where my order currently stands given the increased interest in the CT5 BW this week. I was told that they still hadn't gotten any allocations yet and I was #1 on the list there with 5 others behind me. Now I find this a little suspicious because they're not a small dealer (but not the biggest) and I would think they'd know something by now. Especially when I hear people here and elsewhere saying they were able to secure an allocation even though they aren't on the BS "waitlist" that we've all been on for months.

The person I spoke to gave me his opinion of how this is going to go down so take this with a grain of salt. He thinks once the initial 500 reservations are filled, they're going to go back to building the standard CT5s because they're so backed up with those orders. Then they'll resume production of the rest of the Blackwings after that. This doesn't really sit well with me because as I mentioned, others that aren't even on the waitlist allegedly have a TPW already. He didn't have an answer for that. I don't trust anyone. Good luck to you!

After doing some reading on the 1100 status I’m wondering if I’m even gonna get my order built? So my dealer doesn’t have an allocation they just put the order in.

After doing some reading on the 1100 status I’m wondering if I’m even gonna get my order built? So my dealer doesn’t have an allocation they just put the order in.
That’s correct. If they don’t receive an allocation it can be there in 1100 for eternity.

Good to know I'm not the only one still at 1100! I actually called the sales manager at my dealer today to get a better understanding of where my order currently stands given the increased interest in the CT5 BW this week. I was told that they still hadn't gotten any allocations yet and I was #1 on the list there with 5 others behind me. Now I find this a little suspicious because they're not a small dealer (but not the biggest) and I would think they'd know something by now. Especially when I hear people here and elsewhere saying they were able to secure an allocation even though they aren't on the BS "waitlist" that we've all been on for months.

The person I spoke to gave me his opinion of how this is going to go down so take this with a grain of salt. He thinks once the initial 500 reservations are filled, they're going to go back to building the standard CT5s because they're so backed up with those orders. Then they'll resume production of the rest of the Blackwings after that. This doesn't really sit well with me because as I mentioned, others that aren't even on the waitlist allegedly have a TPW already. He didn't have an answer for that. I don't trust anyone. Good luck to you!
We know that TPWs have little to no meaning seeing as there are multiple people with TPWs of 07/19 still not built nor has their TPW been adjusted.

That’s correct. If they don’t receive an allocation it can be there in 1100 for eternity.

Well, crap. I’m certainly rethinking my order now. When I ordered from Dodge in June, I received a VIN within 2 weeks.

We know that TPWs have little to no meaning seeing as there are multiple people with TPWs of 07/19 still not built nor has their TPW been adjusted.
You know that and I know that but if they have a TPW that at least means that their order has been accepted by GM and they have an allocation (unless I'm mistaken). So even though the TPW may move up or down they'll get a car. Eventually.

Well, crap. I’m certainly rethinking my order now. When I ordered from Dodge in June, I received a VIN within 2 weeks.
I ordered an M5 two weeks ago today. Got my production number immediately. It's my back up plan. :)

You know that and I know that but if they have a TPW that at least means that their order has been accepted by GM and they have an allocation (unless I'm mistaken). So even though the TPW may move up or down they'll get a car. Eventually.
True

I’ve got an E39 M5, the “best” M5 ever. So I’m kinda wanting the Blackwing now. 😀
Lol I'm the opposite. My last 3 new cars had an LS or LT motor. I've never owned a BMW so I want to try something different too. Good luck man.

Sewell Dallas
Interesting, well they get a lot of allocations so I would not give up too soon.....I don't know who you are working with but Dustin Callaway is the BW V guy for sure... As I stated before, he alone has sold 21 and delivered mine yesterday.. I'm actually picking it first thing in the morning..

Interesting, well they get a lot of allocations so I would not give up too soon.....I don't know who you are working with but Dustin Callaway is the BW V guy for sure... As I stated before, he alone has sold 21 and delivered mine yesterday.. I'm actually picking it first thing in the morning..

He’s sold 21 Blackwings? Are these confirmed allocations? I figured Sewell would get a bunch of allocations since they’re one of the biggest Cadillac dealers in the country. I might hold off a few weeks and see if there’s any movement on the status code.

congrats on the delivery!

He’s sold 21 Blackwings? Are these confirmed allocations? I figured Sewell would get a bunch of allocations since they’re one of the biggest Cadillac dealers in the country. I might hold off a few weeks and see if there’s any movement on the status code.
Yes, 21 BW's... If I remember right Sewell Dallas received 15 or so reservation cars, and some allocations to this point.. You should give him a call and see if he can help you or at least give you some answers...

I am sorry to hear that I had this very same thing that happened to me

I’ve got an E39 M5, the “best” M5 ever. So I’m kinda wanting the Blackwing now. 😀
E39 manual, I had one of those with all sorts of changes (ecu, intake coil overs, etc) what a great car that was. I feel like this BW5 is going to be a follow on from that.

E39 manual, I had one of those with all sorts of changes (ecu, intake coil overs, etc) what a great car that was. I feel like this BW5 is going to be a follow on from that.

That’s the feeling I’m getting. The BW5 is gonna be legendary. I also have a ‘20 GT500 and I wasn’t even close to being as excited getting it as I am for getting a Blackwing. I absolutely love manual sports sedans!!!
(I’m selling the GT500 to make room for the Wing)

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners