Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Allocations

Spoke with my dealer again and he confirmed that they still haven't received any allocations yet but he also said that they are able to place new orders if I needed but no delivery time frame.

I had my dealer enter my order into GM Workbench in late March. Signed up for the waitlist on February 1st. Still at 1100.

I got an allocation from BMW and ordered/put a deposit on an M5C last week. BMW provides a link to track your car all the way through production. I realize you really can’t compare a car that’s been in production for 4 years to a brand new model like the BW but GM is blowing it, IMO! We’ll see who gets me a car first but I’m not holding out for the Caddy.

I had my dealer enter my order into GM Workbench in late March. Signed up for the waitlist on February 1st. Still at 1100.

I got an allocation from BMW and ordered/put a deposit on an M5C last week. BMW provides a link to track your car all the way through production. I realize you really can’t compare a car that’s been in production for 4 years to a brand new model like the BW but GM is blowing it, IMO! We’ll see who gets me a car first but I’m not holding out for the Caddy.
I am feeling the same you are six. I been put my name on the wait list for 2023 c8 zo6. I might get lucky.

I placed an order in February... still at 1100. What do you all think? This is with Lindsay Cadillac in VA.
When I got my reservation for one of the 250 it didn’t list Lindsay as an option for some reason. I ended up picking the dealer in Frederick since it was the next closest. No idea what that says about Lindsay but I bought my 2012 v2 there and had a good experience.

Here's a (not so) funny story about my experience trying to secure an allocation for an M5C at one of my local BMW Centers (barf). I reached out via their webform last week and asked if they had a production slot for an M5. In BMW speak, this means a modifiable build order with an order number and production week.

One of the Client Advisors (barf x2) got back to right away and was like "yes, we have an allocation, I just need a $1k deposit and I'll put your order in!" I was like cool, go ahead and I sent him my build code. I gave him my credit card info but he didn't charge it right away.

He gets back to me and sends me an order sheet and it's at status 47 which is the same as 1100, meaning there's no car if there's no order number. He told me they'd have my order number in 30 days or so. I said what, MF? After this experience with GM I was in no mood for a runaround and asked him I thought you said you had an allocation for me? He said uhhh duhh terms that manufacturers use differ between makes as do processes for custom production builds and I'll have your order number within 7-10 days. I told him to pound sand. Within 10 minutes, I get an email from the sales director asking for another day and she'll get me an order number.

They got me the number the next day and I'll be getting a discount if I decide to go the German route. They're selling at MSRP nationwide so there are currently no deals to be had so that's good. The point of this story is, it's not just GM, things are tough all over.

When I got my reservation for one of the 250 it didn’t list Lindsay as an option for some reason. I ended up picking the dealer in Frederick since it was the next closest. No idea what that says about Lindsay but I bought my 2012 v2 there and had a good experience.
The dealers had to register and set up a special account for the Blackwing orders. Could have easily been overlooked.

I am very curious to hear how your tracking of BMW will go. M

Having done it before, and having just watched my dad's car with him, it goes pretty smoothly. They give you more detail, like start date of production, when it goes into the paint shop, etc. Then they'll tell you what boat it's on, which goes outside their system but is pretty easy to track independently. GM really should take some notes, it doesn't have to be this hard.

How long is the process for deliver? I imagine on the boats those stay in docks for a while.

How long is the process for deliver? I imagine on the boats those stay in docks for a while.
It's about 24 to 72 hours from delivery at port (gets there via rail directly from the factory) to loading and departure, and then about the same from offloading to local truck departure. The Germans don't mess around, haha.

Yeah but i mean from production to customers hands, I imagine ships take a while. Few friends I had that ordered Ms took months as well, again curious keep us posted.

Yeah but i mean from production to customers hands, I imagine ships take a while. Few friends I had that ordered Ms took months as well, again curious keep us posted.
From order all depends on production slots and allocations. My dad's sales guy told him that he got lucky, got his order in just before production started to dry up with the chip shortage. In normal times though, they have monthly allocations and you're either in or you're out. Could place an order and have it go into production by the end of the week, or could be waiting for months hoping for a slot. Once it gets on the line though, it moves like clockwork--it's about a week tops between rolling off the line and the boat leaving port, depending on shipping schedules. It's a little over a week to get across the ocean if your car is going through NY/NJ, but it can be much longer if your car is going through a different port. My dad kept tracking the boat out of curiosity once it dropped his car and it kept going through the Panama Canal to drop off west coast cars after stopping through North Carolina. It's been almost a month since he took delivery, and the boat just left Vancouver for Japan the other day, so if you're on the west coast it's going to be a decidedly longer wait.

Last edited:
One thing I forgot that can throw a monkey wrench in the works: customs. Read a horror story back in the day on Bimmerfest when I was tracking my car about a guy whose M3 got randomly selected for a contraband check by customs. They completely disassembled and reassembled his car at the port, and it delayed the car by about two or three months. The story gave me nightmares through the whole wait... Luckily it's pretty rare, but absolutely horrific imagining some clown from customs trying to rebuild an M car.

Sure, I could do that if I go that route and the group doesn’t mind. You enter your order number into your BMW garage. There’s a timeline to follow with the following categories:

Order received

Scheduled for production

Production begins

Exterior body assembly begins

In the paint booth

Entering assembly line

Assembly in progress

Quality check

Final assembly

Ready for transport

Awaiting carrier assignment

Dispatched from factory

At the port

In transit (at this point I can get the name of the ship and track it across the ocean with a marine tracking app)

At the dealership

My spec is Snapper Rocks Blue Metallic over Tartufo Full Merino Leather scheduled for week 37. My head wants the M but my heart says Blackwing :) I haven’t cancelled my BW order yet, waiting for the reviews to drop on Tuesday!

Attachments

• 790709E2-C8F1-42F1-8B0B-43F2DC9B05FE.png
    790709E2-C8F1-42F1-8B0B-43F2DC9B05FE.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 111
I am unclear about how the Dealer new car allocation process works.

I am assuming that Cadillac allocations to Dealerships are for a specific car year and model. Is that correct? In other words, Escalades have their set of allocations and Blackwings have their own separate set of allocations.

If that assumption is right, then when Dealers get allocations for the Cadillac 2022 Blackwings, are the allocations separated by Blackwing model?
In other words, is there one set of allocations for the 2022 CT4-V Blackwings and a separate set of allocations for the CT5-V Blackwings?
Or is the allocation simply for “a 2022 Blackwing” and the Dealership can fill it with either a CT4-V order or a CT5-V order?
Thanks!
Still sitting at 1100 since 02/23 for our CT5-V . . . . .

I am unclear about how the Dealer new car allocation process works.

I am assuming that Cadillac allocations to Dealerships are for a specific car year and model. Is that correct? In other words, Escalades have their set of allocations and Blackwings have their own separate set of allocations.

If that assumption is right, then when Dealers get allocations for the Cadillac 2022 Blackwings, are the allocations separated by Blackwing model?
In other words, is there one set of allocations for the 2022 CT4-V Blackwings and a separate set of allocations for the CT5-V Blackwings?
Or is the allocation simply for “a 2022 Blackwing” and the Dealership can fill it with either a CT4-V order or a CT5-V order?
Thanks!
Still sitting at 1100 since 02/23 for our CT5-V . . . . .
Yes, that's correct and there are separate allocations for the 4 & 5 BWs.

Yes, that's correct and there are separate allocations for the 4 & 5 BWs.
I wonder how Cadillac decides how many allocations of each BW model to give to a Dealer? I worry that my CT5-V order will wait in Order Workbench "forever" if my Dealer only ever gets CT4-V allocations!

I wonder how Cadillac decides how many allocations of each BW model to give to a Dealer? I worry that my CT5-V order will wait in Order Workbench "forever" if my Dealer only ever gets CT4-V allocations!
It's my understanding that it's based on previous V sales. Remaining at 1100 is certainly a possibility. I wish you the best of luck.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back