Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Allocations

Yes, 21 BW's... If I remember right Sewell Dallas received 15 or so reservation cars, and some allocations to this point.. You should give him a call and see if he can help you or at least give you some answers...
Dustin here!! First time poster here....... I very much appreciate your business and the referral!
He’s sold 21 Blackwings? Are these confirmed allocations? I figured Sewell would get a bunch of allocations since they’re one of the biggest Cadillac dealers in the country. I might hold off a few weeks and see if there’s any movement on the status code.

congrats on the delivery!

Between CT4-V BW and CT5-V BW, I personally have pre-sold somewhere in the neighborhood of 35-40 and approx. 25 of those are 3000 status (accepted for production) or higher.... I can confirm once I am back at the dealership..

Keep in mind those are only from me... There are a few others as well from the rest of the sales team...

I was a V owner well before I ever even considered working for a dealership... Selling comes easy when its a product you yourself are passionate about.. It surely helps that our GM is also a gearhead and just as passionate about them as well...

Dustin here!! First time poster here....... I very much appreciate your business and the referral!

Between CT4-V BW and CT5-V BW, I personally have pre-sold somewhere in the neighborhood of 35-40 and approx. 25 of those are 3000 status (accepted for production) or higher.... I can confirm once I am back at the dealership..

Keep in mind those are only from me... There are a few others as well from the rest of the sales team...

I was a V owner well before I ever even considered working for a dealership... Selling comes easy when its a product you yourself are passionate about.. It surely helps that our GM is also a gearhead and just as passionate about them as well...
Welcome Dustin. I pmed you regarding allocations. Let me know if you have insight about it.

For the regular production (non 250), is it possible to place orders at multiple dealers to see which one gets picked to production and then cancel the other orders?

For the regular production (non 250), is it possible to place orders at multiple dealers to see which one gets picked to production and then cancel the other orders?
Technically yes.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend it as you're going to be slowing down everyone elses's pending orders here by filling up the pipeline with even more cars that will likely end up sitting on the lot and sold over MSRP.... I would recommend ordering one at the dealer of your choice, then putting your self on the standby lists for cars that may become available at as many dealerships as you'd like, assuming they have one...

Technically yes.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend it as you're going to be slowing down everyone elses's pending orders here by filling up the pipeline with even more cars that will likely end up sitting on the lot and sold over MSRP.... I would recommend ordering one at the dealer of your choice, then putting your self on the standby lists for cars that may become available at as many dealerships as you'd like, assuming they have one...
So . . . if you place an order at multiple dealerships, they are all at 1100 until an allocation appears, and once that happens, all the other orders can be cancelled, so it would not affect other people's orders in any way . . .

So . . . if you place an order at multiple dealerships, they are all at 1100 until an allocation appears, and once that happens, all the other orders can be cancelled, so it would not affect other people's orders in any way . . .
I would think the dealer would not cancel the order once gm accepts it. Allocations are hard to come by, the dealer would just let the order go through, bring the car in and sell it to someone else

I would think the dealer would not cancel the order once gm accepts it. Allocations are hard to come by, the dealer would just let the order go through, bring the car in and sell it to someone else
The point is--if you place an order with multiple dealerships, allocations are scarce, and once one of the dealers receives one, your order goes to 2000, while the rest of them are still at 1100 . . . those you can cancel, unless, as you said, the dealer decides to continue with it for their own stock . . .

The point is--if you place an order with multiple dealerships, allocations are scarce, and once one of the dealers receives one, your order goes to 2000, while the rest of them are still at 1100 . . . those you can cancel, unless, as you said, the dealer decides to continue with it for their own stock . . .
Yes, that's what I'm thinking as well. If only one order goes to 2000, you should be able to cancel the rest, unless you get lucky and all your orders get accepted, which going by current timeline seems to be impossible.

Have any CT5 orders outside of the first 500 been picked up yet?

Have any CT5 orders outside of the first 500 been picked up yet?
Check the Registry. Some CT4-V Blackwing Wait Orders have been built

Which comes first in the allocation vs. order chicken and the egg: does a dealer get an allocation that they can then order off of, or do they need an order before they can get an allocation?

Which comes first in the allocation vs. order chicken and the egg: does a dealer get an allocation that they can then order off of, or do they need an order before they can get an allocation?
They do not need an order in order to receive an allocation. They can then use their allocation either for a customer’s order, if there is one or, they can order for their inventory.

They do not need an order in order to receive an allocation. They can then use their allocation either for a customer’s order, if there is one or, they can order for their inventory.
Hmmm, ok so they can choose how the allocation gets used? What about this talk that Cadillac sweeps orders and accepts any they can build now? For example, any Blackwings without carbon fiber pack 1 & 2?

Hmmm, ok so they can choose how the allocation gets used? What about this talk that Cadillac sweeps orders and accepts any they can build now? For example, any Blackwings without carbon fiber pack 1 & 2?
I would imagine that only applies to orders associated to dealers with allocations. Otherwise, what’s the point in having allocations? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Here's an article I wrote regarding the Corvette ordering process. It pretty much holds true for the Cadillac ordering process and may help answer some of your questions:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back