Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Allocations

Here's an article I wrote regarding the Corvette ordering process. It pretty much holds true for the Cadillac ordering process and may help answer some of your questions:

Thanks I’ll read it !!

A sales manager from a cadillac dealer in texas posted on another blackwing site that last week allocations to dealers outside the initial 500 had started….. anyone can confirm this?
I maybe mistaken but in the case with the 3rd generation CTS V a dealer had to order 20 regular CTS Cadillacs in order to get an allocation for 1 CTS V , can someone with a little more knowledge confirm this .

I have spoken with multiple dealers and no one has a clue as to how and when the allocations will be distributed. They are all waiting to hear more from Cadillac.

Total bullshit if ya ask me…. I took off cf2 to get car sooner and my tpw keeps moving out further every week
hey bud, now we have the same TPW...I'm sure it will change again 18 times before either of our cars get built.

hey bud, now we have the same TPW...I'm sure it will change again 18 times before either of our cars get built.
Yeah i understand unprecedented times, covid.. yada yada But why in the f does a tpw go from end of oct to beginning of oct then to sept 13 back to beginning of oct to end of oct…. As i mentioned before, as my dealer told me , cancel cf2 and it will get built sooner… i did that and still getting tpw’s moving out further each week….. gm do you want to sell me a car or not

Food for thought:

What's a TPW? :hb
Great read!!! And yes i am well aware of whats going on in the world, frustrating for everyone…. But a tpw while only a target , in my mind should not move around like this since order was entered in may. Ya have the parts to build the car or you dont after 4 months guess incoming parts are being shorted to build other cars ahead of mine it sucks plain amd simple Almost bought a new amg this morning that was in a showroom but will give gm
The benefit of the doubt Tpw moves out any further, im done

Oh I know man, that wasn't necessarily directed at you (maybe a little lol). We're all frustrated, including me. Hang in there. Production should begin the week of 9/13 on an M5 that I have on order but I'm not holding my breath for that either!

The BW remains my first choice, though.

Oh I know man, that wasn't necessarily directed at you (maybe a little lol). We're all frustrated, including me. Hang in there. Production should begin the week of 9/13 on an M5 that I have on order but I'm not holding my breath for that either!

The BW remains my first choice, though.
I have no problem w feedback whether positive or negaitive….. very thick skin here….. so the goat rodeo came about with all the shipping/ logistics issues…. What would the nickname be for tpw’s ?

I have no problem w feedback whether positive or negaitive….. very thick skin here….. so the goat rodeo came about with all the shipping/ logistics issues…. What would the nickname be for tpw’s ?
no idea, but imagine how I feel right now...I ordered mine 27 February and its been pushed out all the way till 22 November...thats a full 10 months away from when it was ordered. I'm in the same frustrated boat with ya bud. all we can do is hold tight and wait for our amazing cars.

no idea, but imagine how I feel right now...I ordered mine 27 February and its been pushed out all the way till 22 November...thats a full 10 months away from when it was ordered. I'm in the same frustrated boat with ya bud. all we can do is hold tight and wait for our amazing cars.
There are some first 500 from feb 1 that are probably looking at October at the soonest.

I am first in line on one of my local dealer's two allocations. They have no timeline on when either of their two will be built/delivered other than "my" car is about a month behind the first.

What's weird (or maybe it's normal, I am very new to this) is they do not yet have a VIN number for "my" car and they declined to share the order number with me when I asked. I was hoping to get that order number to be able to track what status instead of bugging them all the time and was surprised they are keeping that private, but perhaps that's normal?

I am first in line on one of my local dealer's two allocations. They have no timeline on when either of their two will be built/delivered other than "my" car is about a month behind the first.

What's weird (or maybe it's normal, I am very new to this) is they do not yet have a VIN number for "my" car and they declined to share the order number with me when I asked. I was hoping to get that order number to be able to track what status instead of bugging them all the time and was surprised they are keeping that private, but perhaps that's normal?
You will not get a VIN until your car is built but you should definitely get order number from the dealer, assuming that they have placed the order. Some dealers don't actually place the order, they just get the info and wait till they have a firm allocation and then they can decide which order to move forward with.

You will not get a VIN until your car is built but you should definitely get order number from the dealer, assuming that they have placed the order. Some dealers don't actually place the order, they just get the info and wait till they have a firm allocation and then they can decide which order to move forward with.
Thanks.

So I get the VIN part, that makes sense. The order number part is weird to me. They were able to give me the complete spec with all the colors, options, etc. I was also told that the config can not be changed at this point. What you're saying makes sense (i.e. they didn't actually place the order yet and are waiting to do so until they can), but if that's the case, wouldn't I be able to get whatever I want on the car?

Thanks.

So I get the VIN part, that makes sense. The order number part is weird to me. They were able to give me the complete spec with all the colors, options, etc. I was also told that the config can not be changed at this point. What you're saying makes sense (i.e. they didn't actually place the order yet and are waiting to do so until they can), but if that's the case, wouldn't I be able to get whatever I want on the car?
Something is definitely off there. If they have locked in your spec, then you should have an order # and it's moved far enough along the process that you can't make changes.

I don't know why they would not give you the order number. I would definitely push them to get the order # or find a different dealer.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, your dealer is BSing you. You can change your specs as much as you like until it is picked for production. At that point it's locked it and no changes can be made.
As for the order #, they should give it to you as soon as they input the information in the order system, even if the car will be built next year.

Unfortunately, your dealer is BSing you. You can change your specs as much as you like until it is picked for production. At that point it's locked it and no changes can be made.
As for the order #, they should give it to you as soon as they input the information in the order system, even if the car will be built next year.
ugh. Based on that, I guess I'm going to keep shopping around as a backup option. They seem to be above board with me so far, but I've been wrong before.

Is there some reason they wouldn't want to share an order number for an allocation as opposed to a customer order (like there's some sensitivity to it or something)?

ugh. Based on that, I guess I'm going to keep shopping around as a backup option. They seem to be above board with me so far, but I've been wrong before.

Is there some reason they wouldn't want to share an order number for an allocation as opposed to a customer order (like there's some sensitivity to it or something)?
I don't think of any reason other than what I was told by one dealer. They get the specs for orders from different customers but only enter the orders depending on the allocations they have. It is also possible that they might try to ask for ADM to move the order along.
When I placed my order earlier this year, dealer entered it in front of me and I had a printed copy of the order as well as order number with me before I left.

So if I just decide to place an order at another dealer and get exactly what I want, does that come out of their allocation (if any) or does the order go right in? I realize it may be a while until it gets built, but since I don’t have a timeline on “my” car or really any proof that an order is even placed for it, I’m wondering if I just go ahead and order what I want somewhere else and see what happens.

Appreciate the feedback here, it’s been helpful (just not for my nerves lol)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back