Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Again from Houston... Think about a 4BW

Nerfherder

Another one from mosquitoville, errr Houston. I'm thinking about ordering a 4BW. Coming from a long line of euro cars though. Had an M2, 911, 981, and an Evora, so I'm partial to nimble, tactile cars.

It's hard to get a sense of the 4BW without being able to drive one. I saw a regular CT4V on turo. Any thoughts on how the regular CT4V is to the 4BW compare to drive?

I have a 5BW, but previously I had an ATS-V, ancestor of the 4BW. The ATS -V was a nice little car. Emphasis on "little". Mine was a coupe. The back seat was useless. Almost impossible entry and exit. But the performance was great. Four doors will make back seat entry and exit a little easier. But based on my experience with the ATS-V, you will not be disappointed with the performance.

Another one from mosquitoville, errr Houston.
Welcome! SW Houston here.

It's hard to get a sense of the 4BW without being able to drive one. I saw a regular CT4V on turo. Any thoughts on how the regular CT4V is to the 4BW compare to drive?

I haven't driven one yet. But I test-drove a pre-owned non-BW V just to see how it compared to the WRX STI I was currently driving. I figured any glaring fitment or user-interface issues would be the same in the BW, but all the BW performance stuff would be better.

I was pretty happy with the drive on the V, so pulled the trigger on ordering the BW.

(I have since sat in a pre-owned 5BW in the showroom. It was manual and had the exact same seats that are coming in my 4BW. The driving position felt perfect. The gearshift was godly.)

My car is built and I am waiting for delivery. If you give me 3 or 4 months, I might be able to directly answer your question ...

Another one from mosquitoville, errr Houston. I'm thinking about ordering a 4BW. Coming from a long line of euro cars though. Had an M2, 911, 981, and an Evora, so I'm partial to nimble, tactile cars.

Hi Houston, I'm here in San Antonio, not that it matters. I sold my Mitsubishi Evolution to buy the 4BW 6spd manual. It's a different vehicle, but I really really like it. Tremendous amounts of power, and no noticeable turbo lag. Feels like a V-8 almost, except for the sound. The engine is pretty miraculous as it's got a huge power band starting at about 2,500 extending to 6,000 rpm. I read an article that indicates that you get 90% of the maximum torque between 2,500 to 6,000. It's almost as though you don't know (or feel) when to shift gears. I'm not disappointed at all.

Hi Houston, I'm here in San Antonio, not that it matters. I sold my Mitsubishi Evolution to buy the 4BW 6spd manual. It's a different vehicle, but I really really like it. Tremendous amounts of power, and no noticeable turbo lag. Feels like a V-8 almost, except for the sound. The engine is pretty miraculous as it's got a huge power band starting at about 2,500 extending to 6,000 rpm. I read an article that indicates that you get 90% of the maximum torque between 2,500 to 6,000. It's almost as though you don't know (or feel) when to shift gears. I'm not disappointed at all.
I've owned a 2006 MB SLK 55, a 2010 MazdaSpeed 3, 2010 Mitsu Evolution, etc. I really like the 4BW. Back seat is usable for kids, groceries, or super small adults.

There is a person that posts on this site and I think he owned the M2 competition.

Welcome, southside of Htown myself. I test drove the used CT5-V which had the same engine in a heavier car and liked the performance. Having driven plenty of CT4s the little 4cylinder gets that car around quite well, I decided to pull the trigger after the CT5 V ride but definitely like the feel of the smaller car. Like our neighbor @Berserker, I have a car built and just waiting for the rodeo clowns to get the goats in the right pens...

I have a 5BW. Very nice car. You will like it. My suggestion, based on my experience, is to download a copy of the owners manual and read it while you await delivery. Might keep you from having to sit in the car with the engine running while you figure out how to work the magic. Like I did.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back