Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New member and hopefully owner from Nashville area!

Darinja

Hey everyone, I'm new to this board and to Cadillacs in general...right now I drive a 2023 Civic Type R, and owned a 2021 Civic Type R before that. They are AMAZING cars, but when we sold the 2021, we also looked and test drove the CT4V Blackwing and LOVED it, but ended up buying the 23 CTR instead because of $$$. It's a great car but we made the wrong choice and now am starting the process to sell the Civic and look for a new Blackwing!

I'm here to learn about these, and hopefully meet other drivers locally if possible!

Welcome and good luck on your search.

Welcome. Lots of nice people here. I have a 22 CT5V BW. The only recommendation I can offer is that when you accelerate, do it smoothly because if you “stomp down” on it, it will try to swap ends with you. (Translation: For those not from the south, “stomp down” means to apply pressure to the acceleration control in a forceful manner)

Welcome. Lots of nice people here. I have a 22 CT5V BW. The only recommendation I can offer is that when you accelerate, do it smoothly because if you “stomp down” on it, it will try to swap ends with you. (Translation: For those not from the south, “stomp down” means to apply pressure to the acceleration control in a forceful manner)

Haha I remember the first time I "stomped down" on my first V8...it was a 2008 Mustang Bullitt, and I learned that lesson right away!

I love the way the FL5 looks, probably because it looks a lot like the Blackwings IMO (or vice versa). And I like the Boost Blue color. I guess, no surprise I bought an Electric Blue 5V BW. I was awaiting the pricing on the Integra Type S and when ~$52K was announced (to say nothing of ADM's), I thought, "I don't want a turbo 4 and I really don't want FWD, F it I'll spend 2x for the Blackwing" (LOL). Now that the dust has settled I find myself irrationally jonesing to add a CTR to the stable because of the specialness of it, and the slight absurdity of it. But it's probably too similar to the BW in its mission, except that it's much slower.

I love the way the FL5 looks, probably because it looks a lot like the Blackwings IMO (or vice versa). And I like the Boost Blue color. I guess, no surprise I bought an Electric Blue 5V BW. I was awaiting the pricing on the Integra Type S and when ~$52K was announced (to say nothing of ADM's), I thought, "I don't want a turbo 4 and I really don't want FWD, F it I'll spend 2x for the Blackwing" (LOL). Now that the dust has settled I find myself irrationally jonesing to add a CTR to the stable because of the specialness of it, and the slight absurdity of it. But it's probably too similar to the BW in its mission, except that it's much slower.
I really wanted to buy the Boost Blue, but we have a "Sky Diffused Pearl" Honda Pilot TrailSport and it was just too much similar blue in our garage haha. So we got the Sonic Gray Pearl which I had in the FK8 as well. I will say, for being a turbo 4 and FWD, it's an AMAZING car and so much fun, especially at the track.

Only thing is, I HATE the seats in the FL5, and I know I can put FK8 seats in there (also, wife won't agree to aftermarket seats), but that'll cost another $3k-$4k, and I'd really rather put that money into a Blackwing which is what we both loved the most in the first place, we just went with the FL5 to save money.

Haha I remember the first time I "stomped down" on my first V8...it was a 2008 Mustang Bullitt, and I learned that lesson right away!
You don’t have to worry much with these cars in Tour or Sport, the engine power will get cut before you get too sideways. They did a very good job with the TC and Stabilitrak implementation. In Track mode you can have more fun or danger depending on your experience level.

Not so much with the 4 vs the 5.

Hey everyone, I'm new to this board and to Cadillacs in general...right now I drive a 2023 Civic Type R, and owned a 2021 Civic Type R before that. They are AMAZING cars, but when we sold the 2021, we also looked and test drove the CT4V Blackwing and LOVED it, but ended up buying the 23 CTR instead because of $$$. It's a great car but we made the wrong choice and now am starting the process to sell the Civic and look for a new Blackwing!

I'm here to learn about these, and hopefully meet other drivers locally if possible!

Hey Darinja,

I’m also in Nashville and have had a 2024 CT4BW for about 3 months now. I absolutely love it. I haven’t taken it to the track yet, but it’s an amazing daily, and I do have lan to track it some. I also recently got a 2021 GT500 CFTP which will be my primary track car. Saw your mention of a 2008 Bullitt. I actually traded in a 2019 Mustang Bullitt on the CT4 and then got the GT500 to replace it.

Anyway, I hope it works out for you to get a CT4 soon. Such a bad ass car. Very Jekyll and Hyde.

Hey Darinja,

I’m also in Nashville and have had a 2024 CT4BW for about 3 months now. I absolutely love it. I haven’t taken it to the track yet, but it’s an amazing daily, and I do have lan to track it some. I also recently got a 2021 GT500 CFTP which will be my primary track car. Saw your mention of a 2008 Bullitt. I actually traded in a 2019 Mustang Bullitt on the CT4 and then got the GT500 to replace it.

Anyway, I hope it works out for you to get a CT4 soon. Such a bad ass car. Very Jekyll and Hyde.
Hey, nice to see someone else from Nashville here! I'm actually over in Mount Juliet but not too far. Those GT500 CFTP cars are slick...first one I saw was at the EuroFix car show a few months ago and man I love those. Wasn't you by chance was it?

What color is your CT4BW? I haven't seen any around yet but did see a black 5BW at Cars & Coffee last time I was there. That 2019 Bullitt is nice too, but replacing it with a GT500 would be a dream I think.

Hey, nice to see someone else from Nashville here! I'm actually over in Mount Juliet but not too far. Those GT500 CFTP cars are slick...first one I saw was at the EuroFix car show a few months ago and man I love those. Wasn't you by chance was it?

What color is your CT4BW? I haven't seen any around yet but did see a black 5BW at Cars & Coffee last time I was there. That 2019 Bullitt is nice too, but replacing it with a GT500 would be a dream I think.
It wasn’t me at Eurofix, but I did have the GT500 at the last cars and coffee at the Superspeedway. My Blackwing is raven black. I haven’t spotted another CT4BW in town yet either. I did notice there are two of them registered at a track day I’m doing up in Indy in April, so I look forward to seeing them out there and talking with those guys about how they like them on track.

It wasn’t me at Eurofix, but I did have the GT500 at the last cars and coffee at the Superspeedway. My Blackwing is raven black. I haven’t spotted another CT4BW in town yet either. I did notice there are two of them registered at a track day I’m doing up in Indy in April, so I look forward to seeing them out there and talking with those guys about how they like them on track.
Oh man that Raven black looks amazing. That would be cool to see some on track! I was supposed to do Track Night in America yesterday at the Superspeedway, but since I decided to sell my 2023 Civic Type R, I decided not to chance anything and play it safe and get to the next one. Truth be told, I'd probably be buying the Dark Horse or a Mach 1 except I have a 2 year old and getting her in the back just seems like too much work so I'm going with the Blackwing

I confess I did this too, yes TC kicks in but before I flew off the freeway, but i rather just roll on the throttle :p. learn fast.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back