Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

A10 holding gears oddly long on 4BW?

Beamz27

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4V BW
Anyone else notice this at all? Lately I have had a handful of instances where the A10 is not firing off shifts when I floor the car. I’ve had this trans in my Camaro SS and CT5V and the trans always shifted lightning fast. On my 4BW it seems to hold to the point of hitting the limiter (as it has a few times) and other times it’s held 2nd gear so long I’ve had to shift it myself w the paddles. Anyone else notice anything similar? I have a visit scheduled at the dealer for an oil change and some other things and the last thing I want is a trans issue.

Thanks in advance

Is it in Performance Shift Mode when it happens? Any differences in shift behavior between the drive modes?

Is it in Performance Shift Mode when it happens? Any differences in shift behavior between the drive modes?
It’s not in perf shift mode when it does this unfortunately.

The car should be uplifting at some point. Are you sure you aren't accidentally in manual mode? Anytime I've heard of this happening (from any vehicle) the driver was accidentally in manual mode.

Hell it happened to two of my friends at last Mondays track day, before the straight you do a hard right and they both said at one point the car just hit the limiter. They were accidentally hitting the paddles and putting the car into manual mode during the turn.

The next time it happens don't upshift, look at your cluster and see if you're in manual mode because you will obviously be in manual mode once you manually upshift with the paddle.

The car should be uplifting at some point. Are you sure you aren't accidentally in manual mode? Anytime I've heard of this happening (from any vehicle) the driver was accidentally in manual mode.

Hell it happened to two of my friends at last Mondays track day, before the straight you do a hard right and they both said at one point the car just hit the limiter. They were accidentally hitting the paddles and putting the car into manual mode during the turn.

The next time it happens don't upshift, look at your cluster and see if you're in manual mode because you will obviously be in manual mode once you manually upshift with the paddle.
Yep. Not in manual mode. It’s happened multiple times and I’ve duplicated it multiple times

When you say it won't shift in auto mode, are you saying it literally just bounces off the limiter like you are in manual mode? Maybe unplug the battery and reset the ECU.

When you say it won't shift in auto mode, are you saying it literally just bounces off the limiter like you are in manual mode? Maybe unplug the battery and reset the ECU.
Correct. Not all the time but enough for me to know it’s not normal at all.

If the car isn't saying its in manual mode I'd also try the battery disconnect before taking it in. It might actually be in manual mode but displaying its in auto (i.e. a bug) I'd try leaving the battery disconnected for 10min then trying again in this case.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back