Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Delayed door chime/screen/engine start

JLayer

This is for a 24 4BW. This just started happening this week. Only have 1200 miles. When it sits for a long period of time, I'll open the door where the chimes will start for about 2 secs and then stop. The dash screen delays it's animation and is basically blank or will go blank. Then when I pushed the start button, the car won't start. I can press it multiple times without starting.

Then about 10-20 seconds, the chimes come back on, the display works and then the car starts after hitting the button.

It did not do this when I picked the car up. Like I said, it's only started doing this, this week. And it only does it after sitting overnight or a long period of time. It acts normal after it once starts after the problems.

I mentioned this to my service people when I got an oil change today and they had no idea.

So I come to the forums for advice, or to see if anyone has had this happen to them.

Crossing my fingers that's it's something simple.

Any weird electrical issues I always go to the battery. I would take it in and have them do a test on it. If that checks out I'd just give it to the dealer to figure out, its under warranty so as long as the issue is reproducible its on them.

Maybe take a video to show them when you drop it off so they don't just hand you back the keys the next day saying nothing is wrong with it.

Maybe it is sleepy, and when you first get into it after a long slumber, it needs a lil' bit to fully wake up.

I was researching this more over the weekend. I guess the key fobs can go to sleep. I've been keeping the fob in the car when I park it in the garage. That may have been the problem. The door chimes still keep cutting out though.

Don’t do that. If the fob is in the car it’s going to keep talking to the car all that time. Take the fob with you and I bet this issue clears itself up. Try it.

I would not keep the fob in the car, take it with you and leave it in the house, preferably in an RFID blocking box.

Don’t do that. If the fob is in the car it’s going to keep talking to the car all that time. Take the fob with you and I bet this issue clears itself up. Try it.
What do you think they talk about? Electric sheep perhaps?

This is for a 24 4BW. This just started happening this week. Only have 1200 miles. When it sits for a long period of time, I'll open the door where the chimes will start for about 2 secs and then stop. The dash screen delays it's animation and is basically blank or will go blank. Then when I pushed the start button, the car won't start. I can press it multiple times without starting.

Then about 10-20 seconds, the chimes come back on, the display works and then the car starts after hitting the button.

It did not do this when I picked the car up. Like I said, it's only started doing this, this week. And it only does it after sitting overnight or a long period of time. It acts normal after it once starts after the problems.

I mentioned this to my service people when I got an oil change today and they had no idea.

So I come to the forums for advice, or to see if anyone has had this happen to them.

Crossing my fingers that's it's something simple.
How long is the car sitting? If any of my cars is going to sit for more than a couple of days I attach a battery tender. Never have any electrical issues due to low battery.

Ran into this at Spring Mountain, we left the fobs in the cars, so when we went back, had to wave the fob around a bit and it would finally work.

My BW5 does the same when I leave the fob in the car and as someone else said, it doesn't when the fob is removed when parked.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back