Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 4BW

You really need to do yourself a favor and get rid of this car. Please refer to my earlier post where in getting a lemon law lawyer is what you need. What you don’t need is a service department, tearing apart your vehicle and then giving it back to you with, as you say, all the rattles that will accompany that. You’ll be fine once they take the car back and they hand you a check for your vehicle.

Sorry for your headaches. This was my exact concern and why I bailed on my Blackwing 5 back in October. My car had been sitting in Lansing for four months and they had no idea when it would arrive, delay after delay and nobody at Cadillac could give me a answer as to why. I had all of your same concerns with scratches, rust and then dealer service after sale. Still super glad I bailed when I did as I could not go through all that you have. Best of luck.

May 9 - Instrument cluster threw another Service warning this morning. Will the annoyances with this car never end?!

I guess the good news is that may dealer has one in stock because the service manager ordered it after the first warning because he could not find any source of the problem, e.g., loose electrical connection or fuse issues as others have noted on here. I wouldn’t let him install it a few months back out of my concerns about secondary damage, but now I guess I have to let him do it. Could be a safety issue at this point.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I might look out for post installation or to warn him about pre-installation. I’m worried they are going to break trim clips and fix with glue and tape or something. Should I demand they order a new trim piece that surrounds that cluster in case they break something? Anyone have any pics from a GM service manual that shows the process for replacement of the cluster!

Attachments

• IMG_8323.jpeg
    IMG_8323.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 70
I would give them the car back, plenty of others on lots out there if you look around.

Unfortunately there are no give backs when it comes to cars, except for lemons

May 9 - Instrument cluster threw another Service warning this morning. Will the annoyances with this car never end?!

I guess the good news is that may dealer has one in stock because the service manager ordered it after the first warning because he could not find any source of the problem, e.g., loose electrical connection or fuse issues as others have noted on here. I wouldn’t let him install it a few months back out of my concerns about secondary damage, but now I guess I have to let him do it. Could be a safety issue at this point.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I might look out for post installation or to warn him about pre-installation. I’m worried they are going to break trim clips and fix with glue and tape or something. Should I demand they order a new trim piece that surrounds that cluster in case they break something? Anyone have any pics from a GM service manual that shows the process for replacement of the cluster!
I'd scan and see what DTCs come up to get a better idea of the situation.

Have you ever replaced the battery? A lot of these error messages we tracked down to voltage issues with the 12v battery. Some were able to disconnect the battery for a few minutes and reset the ECU to clear them.

That sounds like it requires tech that I don’t have
Essential for me. I do most of my own mechanic work (unless warranty). Still, I'm going to research an issue before taking it in for warranty.

Have you ever replaced the battery? A lot of these error messages we tracked down to voltage issues with the 12v battery. Some were able to disconnect the battery for a few minutes and reset the ECU to clear them.
No battery replacement. Car only has 2,500 miles on it. I mean it could be a bad battery but the dealer wants to replace the cluster. I’m not paying for a new batter out of my pocket, and I’d certainly prefer they try a new batter first. Kind of hard to break something replacing a battery. I think I’ll put the voltage readout on the screen to monitor it. I’d think the diagnostics they run would have shown a voltage issue.

Last edited:

No battery replacement. Car only has 2,500 miles on it. I mean it could be a bad battery but the dealer wants to replace the cluster. I’m not paying for a new batter out of my pocket, and I’d certainly prefer they try a new batter first. Kind of hard to break something replacing a battery. I think I’ll put the voltage readout on the screen to monitor it. I’d think the diagnostics they run would have shown a voltage issue.
I hear you. I wouldn't want them tearing apart the dash of my car either. This was the thread you were in where some of the folks pulled fuse 18 and replaced it and cleared the message. I would try it before they tear it apart and turn it into a rattle trap.

Leak in trunk now! Popped trunk and passenger side was all wet. Had some cleaning supplies in the well there and my paper towels and a rag were very wet. Popped off the trim piece and immediately saw the problem. The foam gasket washer was torn, misplaced and possibly missing adhesive. Dealer replaced my taillights because of glue stains inside and they clearly had to remove and replace this piece of trim. Now why GM put a hole where water runs down is beyond me, but to not have replaced the fastener and washer-gasket is just inexcusable. I’m betting these were one time use parts.

Attachments

• IMG_8439.jpeg
    IMG_8439.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_8436.jpeg
    IMG_8436.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_8435.jpeg
    IMG_8435.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
I had same dead AC issue with my 5BW at delivery, completely empty and not working, they fixed it and not a problem since, this was a year ago for me. Sorry to hear about all your troubles (both car and dealership), it’s frustrating to read it, can only imagine your level of frustration dealing with it.

Service manager tells me he does not think those trim pieces and those holes need to be watertight. Confirmed tonight during rainstorm that they absolutely need to be. Taking to dealer tomorrow. will need entire new trunk liner. GM/Cadillac is just letting me down.

Last edited:
Update: Car was at the dealer for 13 days to replace the trunk liner. They didn’t order the parts for a week. The lack of communication at this dealership’s service department is beyond bad both as between the service team members and with me. I had to get the general manager involved to get things moving.

Trunk liner wasn’t even properly installed - various components were not seated properly as a result not being installed in the right order. I fixed myself.

Also, when I diagnosed the leak problem I found a bolt and clip under the floor tray (styrofoam tray holding the fixaflat). Pic below, in which you can also see water from the leak. Anyone have an idea where they are from? I’m worried that when they replaced the tail lights they dropped these and just left them there. Service department has yet to answer my question on this. Also found a second one of the tiny clips when I got the car back yesterday after the entire car liner was replaced.

Lastly, since my instrument cluster had thrown two service me codes I asked them - if they had the instrument cluster that they previously ordered to - to replace it while it was there. They sent that one back and had to reorder it and wanted to keep it yet another day. I told them no thanks. I’ll take it back. Picked up my car and turned out they partially disassemble the dash and threw it back together and forgot two bolts!!! Found them in the cup holder and the dash shroud is clearly loose. See pic.

I am meeting in person with the general manger, his boss, service manager and mid Atlantic Cadillac rep on Thursday. I demand satisfaction. I will be asking for a new car. If any other thoughts or suggestions from this group it would be hugely appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_8488.jpeg
    IMG_8488.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_8445.jpeg
    IMG_8445.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_8484.jpeg
    IMG_8484.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8455.jpeg
    IMG_8455.jpeg
    853.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_8448.jpeg
    IMG_8448.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
First pic...assembled in wrong order. The center piece behind the rear seat goes on after (on top of) the side panel.

Pic of bolt and clip...looks like the bolt that holds one of the tie down loops and the clip one of several that holds the scuff panel covering the latch area.

yup wrong order. Thanks on the clips id. They scratched that scuff panel a lot taking it in and out.
First pic...assembled in wrong order. The center piece behind the rear seat goes on after (on top of) the side panel.

Pic of bolt and clip...looks like the bolt that holds one of the tie down loops and the clip one of several that holds the scuff panel covering the latch area.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back