Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

"Service instrument cluster" warning

jbawden

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 5BW 6M
I know a few others have reported seeing this warning and I just got it last weekend. Dismissed and it was fine the rest of the day. I keep the car on a battery maintainer when not driving, so I don't think it was a low battery issue. Details if they matter: Sunny, 65*, cruising a backroad around 50mph, and about 400 miles on the odo.

Thought it would good to start a clean thread to keep track of the issue and solutions, if any.

We shouldn’t have to do it…but I now make it a ‘new car’ routine to firmly seat every fuse and relay in the fuse boxes.

My wife’s new Jeep Wrangler was randomly (seemingly) stumbling and losing power. It threw two codes related to the TCU (transmission control unit). Took it to the dealer…they said everything was fine. Wife drove it, problem happened again.

I went to work with my code reader and a flashlight. Turns out the TCU fuse wasn’t fully seated and every time she would drive over a bump or pothole, it would wiggle around.

A similar problem on a friends 2022 Lexus. Another fuse not fully seated.

YMMV.

I can't find the posts but I know the last two instrument cluster issues I saw resolved were battery and fuse related. Only one guy on here (that I've read) had a faulty screen.

I will check fuses tonight and throw it on the trickle charger. 774 miles on the odometer. It was 45 degrees and I was driving to work at divided highway speeds.

Last edited:
I got it a last week when I started the car to leave work. Dismissed it and it hasn't come back.

I got the "Service Instrument Cluster" warning last week (one time). IIRC, it came on during a cold start. I cleared it and it hasn't come back. The car has under 500 miles.

Last edited:
I got the same warning, pulled # 18 fuse and put it back in and never saw the warning again and that was 4K miles ago.

Just had this pop up on my CT5 BW. I'll check fuses when I get home, but I dismissed it since everything was operating correctly.

I’ve had it pop up twice now. After second time I pulled the fuse and reseated it. We shall see what happens next.

I’ll check. But I didn’t put anything in it.

Dealer replaced my cluster and new one threw the same service warning within an hour. And pretty sure they broke the clips on the shroud. Anyone here know how the shroud comes off?

Have had my CT4-V BW for a little over a day and it popped up. It went away right away, I have about 100 miles on the car FWIW. It wouldn’t surprise if it was a software issue.

Edit: Checked my fuses this morning and none of them were lose.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners