Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2.5 months down and still not ordered.

IcedBear14

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT5-V Blackwing (Deposit 7/10)
So I put my deposit down on a 5BW on June 10th, and I just talked with my salesman yesterday and GM still hasn't asked the dealership for it's BW orders. Is it normal for it take this long to get an order started. This is the first time I've ever bought a car from a dealership so I'm not really to sure on the exact process or how long it normally takes. Till then I'll just sit here with my fingers crossed and working on the '79 camaro I bought to keep me occupied. New hood, air cleaner, new nose, stainless steel grilles, switched to e85, new starter, 6800 rpm stall converter, front tires and rims, and street slicks on the back.

Attachments

• 20230806_142724.jpg
    20230806_142724.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 55
  • 20230806_142705.jpg
    20230806_142705.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 56
  • 20230801_175257.jpg
    20230801_175257.jpg
    9 MB · Views: 59
  • 20230801_173726.jpg
    20230801_173726.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 54
It really depends on how many V sedans that dealership has previously sold. That’ll determine their future allocations.

You need to ask how many allocations for 4 and 5 BW's they've gotten in the past 2 years to have an idea of how many they're expecting

Yeah the most likely outcome of a single dealership engagement is no allocation, ever. You have to really whore yourself around to whomever gives you a side glance to secure a 5BW allocation...don't be shy

Understood so a deposit and slotted for the dealerships only order is no good.
Not necessarily no good but again, depending on previous sales / allocations received, they may not receive an allocation. Or, they may not receive it for several months. It’s very dependent.

A deposit has you on a list, so it's not necessarily worthless, but if this dealer is a low volume outfit that never sold much of the V brand over the years, its more or less worthless because they are unlikely to get an allocation. An allocation is the golden ticket, so you need to find a dealer that has sold a meaningful number of 5BW and connect with them. They might be states away, but that is what it takes to get one, particularly an MSRP deal on a manual car.

I don't know if slotted for one and an allocation for one is the same.
Having a deposit down and an order in (1100 status) is meaningless unless they receive an allocation to fulfill it.

It's a little late now in the post but it's at the holman cadillac dealership in Mt Laurel NJ. I'm not to sure how it compares to other dealerships. It doesn't seem that small and they have a few bw on the lot but are automatics.

Actually they get a fair amount of allocations. Got my 5 from there. I still had reservations at more than one dealership though... just in case.

O awesome i appreciate the reply. Of course Atco
Actually they get a fair amount of allocations. Got my 5 from there. I still had reservations at more than one dealership though... just in case.
Thanks for the reply bubs I appreciate the info. Of course Atco had to shutdown literally 3 days after I bought that Camaro. So that was an expensive toy lol.

Yea Atco shutting down so fast was unexpected. Englishtown had more notice if I remember correctly.
But if you don't mind the drive, there's still Island Dragway in north jersey. Yes, it's more "old school" but that's not a bad thing. Been family owned since the start.

Yea Atco shutting down so fast was unexpected. Englishtown had more notice if I remember correctly.
But if you don't mind the drive, there's still Island Dragway in north jersey. Yes, it's more "old school" but that's not a bad thing. Been family owned since the start.
Yeah that one is a hike from me. Where cecil county is a little less the 1.5hrs. I believe island drag way is a bit over 2 hrs. I'm out in Shamong in burlington county. So Atco was 15 minutes away and I pretty much grew up there. Very sad how fast it was just closed. And Englishtown too, I've been going to their swap meets since I was a child.

I am #1 on my local dealership waitlist…they have only been allocated one 5 BW so far and the president/owner of the dealership group got it. Fingers crossed they get another order allocation soon

I am #1 on my local dealership waitlist…they have only been allocated one 5 BW so far and the president/owner of the dealership group got it. Fingers crossed they get another order allocation soon
Where's that if you don't mind me asking

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners