Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

Camargo Cadillac in Cincinnati has five 4BW's and one 5BW on their lot. Once I was screened as a legitimate buyer and not a flipper, they sold me a 5BW @ MSRP.

Camargo Cadillac in Cincinnati has five 4BW's and one 5BW on their lot. Once I was screened as a legitimate buyer and not a flipper, they sold me a 5BW @ MSRP.
I went there to test-drive and order a 4BW. They wanted $5000 to place an order and still wouldn't let me test-drive one.

I went there to test-drive and order a 4BW. They wanted $5000 to place an order and still wouldn't let me test-drive one.
How long ago was it when you went there? Maybe I got lucky because I bought just a few days before Christmas and they really needed to reduce inventory before the end of the year.

How long ago was it when you went there? Maybe I got lucky because I bought just a few days before Christmas and they really needed to reduce inventory before the end of the year.
I just went a couple of weeks ago. The salesman didn't even mention a reduction for the electric blue 23 4BW dealer trade that they can't seem to move. I don't know how you sell a $84K 4BW when the 5BW is barely more money.

I just went a couple of weeks ago. The salesman didn't even mention a reduction for the electric blue 23 4BW dealer trade that they can't seem to move. I don't know how you sell a $84K 4BW when the 5BW is barely more money.
I agree!

Sorry to hear that they wouldn't work with you. It just worked out for me for whatever reason. Camargo Cadillac treated me right.

Once I was screened as a legitimate buyer and not a flipper
What did that entail?
Maybe I worded that wrong. I should have said a serious buyer and not a flipper. Flippers are making it hard on those of us that buy cars to drive and enjoy them. They wanted to know whether I was local or out of state, what I currently drove and whether I was paying cash or financing. I told the salesman "whatever gives me the best leverage to drive the car home. After talking to the general manager, he said come on down. I did finance it thru them, agreeing to keep the loan for minimum of four months. Long story, but they made it worth my while.

I did finance it thru them, agreeing to keep the loan for minimum of four months. Long story, but they made it worth my while.
After I agreed to buy the 4 in Atlanta the salesperson tried to get me to do this sort of financing with them - saying i could pay it all off without penalty after a few months - but they wanted an extra 5% or some such if I paid cash. Well i didn't want to do this (extra hassle) and I told him the price we agreed upon was whether I financed or paid cash and I wouldn't pay anything more. It took a little back and forth but I made my position clear and ended up paying cash without any penalty.

After I agreed to buy the 4 in Atlanta the salesperson tried to get me to do this sort of financing with them - saying i could pay it all off without penalty after a few months - but they wanted an extra 5% or some such if I paid cash. Well i didn't want to do this (extra hassle) and I told him the price we agreed upon was whether I financed or paid cash and I wouldn't pay anything more. It took a little back and forth but I made my position clear and ended up paying cash without any penalty.

LOL these dealer tactics are getting out of hand.

It was an "I'll work with you, if you work with me" situation. Let's just say, I paid less than MSRP, so it was a wash. I'll honor my end of the bargain.

Maybe I worded that wrong. I should have said a serious buyer and not a flipper. Flippers are making it hard on those of us that buy cars to drive and enjoy them. They wanted to know whether I was local or out of state, what I currently drove and whether I was paying cash or financing. I told the salesman "whatever gives me the best leverage to drive the car home. After talking to the general manager, he said come on down. I did finance it thru them, agreeing to keep the loan for minimum of four months. Long story, but they made it worth my while.
I'm pretty sure they can't force you to keep the loan for 4 months unless you signed some contract saying that. But I understand if you want to do them a solid by honoring the agreement.

I'm pretty sure they can't force you to keep the loan for 4 months unless you signed some contract saying that. But I understand if you want to do them a solid by honoring the agreement.
A person does themselves a favor when they honor their word.

Yes sir, but I come from a generation where your word was/is golden. If I look a person in the eye and shake their hand, it's written in stone.
A person does themselves a favor when they honor their word.
Well said there rubberduck.

Yes sir, but I come from a generation where your word was/is golden. If I look a person in the eye and shake their hand, it's written in stone.

Well said there rubberduck.
Agree and for your case this makes sense since you explicitly agreed. This is mostly an FYI since I have seen dealers take the tactic of basically lying and saying you have to keep loan for x months or something rather than making it part of transaction to trick the buyer into keeping it. Sounds like this place worked with you so you both got what you wanted.

Agree and for your case this makes sense since you explicitly agreed. This is mostly an FYI since I have seen dealers take the tactic of basically lying and saying you have to keep loan for x months or something rather than making it part of transaction to trick the buyer into keeping it. Sounds like this place worked with you so you both got what you wanted.
Sure did! Couldn't be happier.

I love that Delaware Cadillac is advertising at the bottom of this (and other) posts. They try to charge $10k+ over sticker.
We have beat this one into the ground some pages ago, but you can get the CT4s from them pretty easily at MSRP or below. They will work with folks on the CT5 as someone posted just a few pages ago that they got theirs at MSRP. Just an FYI for those considering. I bought my CT4 from them and it was a great experience.

I cant say enough good things about the Sewell family of dealers, and the greatness of Dustin AKA @1StunnaV AKA The Blackwing King!!! The king, again went above and beyond to help me purchase another vehicle from ANOTHER Sewell dealership! I love the management at Sewell Cadillac of Dallas and the reason I will always drive a Sewell!

#sewellfanboy #idriveasewell

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners