Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Greetings! Soon-To-Be CT4-V Blackwing Owner!

porkchop520

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing
Hey all! Just getting started on the process of locating a dealer and ordering a 23 CT4-V Blackwing and couldn't be more excited about it (minus the whole, above MSRP thing). I saw there were multiple threads about ordering and dealers not charging over MSRP, so if anyone has any suggested dealers in the Central Florida area, please let me know.

Ideally I'd like to get the car at MSRP with the GM supplier discount, but the dealer I'm working with currently said no to the supplier discount and maybe to at MSRP. Also, finding a CT4-V Blackwing MT to at least test drive before ordering is proving to be a bit of a challenge as well.

Looking forward to joining the group here!

I know nothing about any Cadillac dealers other than Sewell of Dallas. Sewell does not charge over MSRP. Sales and service staff are top notch.

Hey all! Just getting started on the process of locating a dealer and ordering a 23 CT4-V Blackwing and couldn't be more excited about it (minus the whole, above MSRP thing). I saw there were multiple threads about ordering and dealers not charging over MSRP, so if anyone has any suggested dealers in the Central Florida area, please let me know.

Ideally I'd like to get the car at MSRP with the GM supplier discount, but the dealer I'm working with currently said no to the supplier discount and maybe to at MSRP. Also, finding a CT4-V Blackwing MT to at least test drive before ordering is proving to be a bit of a challenge as well.

Looking forward to joining the group here!
1)Don't expect supplier discount... or had not been available for the Blackwings (I believe a single person says they wrangled an employee discount on here, but was pretty shady about it... so not sure whether it was legit).

2)MSRP should be doable... tougher for an MT, but if you expand your radius enough...

3) Test drive may be tough too. Most of us never had the opportunity to test our BW's before we bought, but are totally in love with how our cars drive/perform... although with the changing tides you may accomplish this (once again depending on how much you expand your radius).

4)Welcome and keep searching the forum. So much great info on here plus a great search function...so you may find many of your questions have already been answered.

Last edited:
Did you say test drive?
Lindsay Lohan Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I hung up on or walked out of any dealer charging over MSRP on a 4BW. Sewell of Dallas does more Blackwing business than anyone I could find and were easy from start to finish. I paid msrp, their dealer doc fees are super low, and the silly little protection package you cant wiggle out of at least got my windows tinted how I wanted. So even having several dealers in Phoenix to pick from, it made more sense for me to order from Dallas.

Hey all! Just getting started on the process of locating a dealer and ordering a 23 CT4-V Blackwing
Welcome!

Also, finding a CT4-V Blackwing MT to at least test drive before ordering is proving to be a bit of a challenge as well.
At least a couple of us, including me, test drove non-Blackwing CT4-Vs to get a feel for the car.

I was able to get a feel for the manual - and the top tier seats - by sitting in a pre-owned 5BW in a showroom - though that was after I had ordered my car. (Mid-tier 5BW seats are identical to top tier 4BW seats.)

The manual is one of the best I have ever driven. Pedal placement is a little wonky. 2nd gear is notchy if the car is cold and you are too delicate with it.

couldn't be more excited about it (minus the whole, above MSRP thing).

Check out other dealers. I have one like 12 minutes from my house, but they wanted over MSRP so I wound up at a different dealer 45 minutes away.

Also check the listings. A couple of people have gotten lucky and found what they wanted on dealer lots. One SOB picked his up from dealer inventory less than a week after finding out that Blackwings even existed.

Good luck!

Thanks all! Funny how things work out but I called around for dealers in my area to see if I could test drive a 4BW. I ended up getting the GM of one of the dealerships on the phone who said if I found one on the lot he'd sell to me at MSRP + supplier discount.

I was skeptical that I'd find one with the options I wanted, but here we are today! They gave me good value for my trades and knocked down the pricing of the Permaplate by ~60% and Passlock by ~30% too.
PXL_20230323_162536648.jpg

PXL_20230323_162550268.jpg

Thanks all! Funny how things work out but I called around for dealers in my area to see if I could test drive a 4BW. I ended up getting the GM of one of the dealerships on the phone who said if I found one on the lot he'd sell to me at MSRP + supplier discount.

I was skeptical that I'd find one with the options I wanted, but here we are today! They gave me good value for my trades and knocked down the pricing of the Permaplate by ~60% and Passlock by ~30% too.
View attachment 17831
View attachment 17832
That's the way to do it right there! Sure beats the stress of the goat pen! Congratulations!!!

here we are today!
Grats!

the GM of one of the dealerships on the phone who said if I found one on the lot he'd sell to me at MSRP + supplier discount.

I was skeptical that I'd find one with the options I wanted
I happened to be at my dealer today getting my first oil change. I saw three brand new 4BWs on the lot - all with manuals. One appeared identical to my car except for the caliper color.

I waited eight months for my car. Three months later they have multiple that people can just walk up and drive off with.

The market for autos had softened by the end of last year and dealers were selling them for below MSRP, but manuals were still hard to come by. Your recent purchase experience combined with what I saw today makes me think the market for manuals might be softening as well.

I actually logged in this morning just to drop you a note that I found some cars available - and you already had a car!

My local Chevy/Caddy dealer was marking up ridiculous prices on Tahoes and Cadillacs. I walked away from them. Ordered my 5BW from another dealer at MSRP. I did return to my local dealer for my first break in oil change. The woman salesperson who I previously spoke with asked me if I was still interested in getting a Tahoe or Caddy. I told her no thank you. I did thank her for trying to screw me on the prior negotiations, because she saved me almost $25,000 bucks by losing me to another Caddy dealer. The look on her face was priceless !

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back