Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

No Lift Shifting?

After reading the comments here about how no lift shift is super fun I tried it a few more times and realized the reason I don’t like it is that it’s absolutely not working on my car. So that’s great. Now concerned about what damage I may have done attempting this multiple times. Who wants to buy my car? 😅
There's nothing wrong with your car.

Per Spring Mountain instructors, you need to be foot to the floor WOT and THEY say closer to redline, about 5k and above.

There's nothing wrong with your car.

Per Spring Mountain instructors, you need to be foot to the floor WOT and THEY say closer to redline, about 5k and above.

When they say that are they talking about the 4 or the 5?

Here’s another stab at it

A little hard to gauge the sound, but I think it's working there.

NLS has computer intervention that affects the timing/cuts timing.

I think that's the sound your hearing.

Owners manual states a difference 😅

5BW- Above 5k in all gears
4BW - Above 3k in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and above 2k in 4th an
Not according to the instructors. Students who said they had success all said the same thing, it worked WOT and close to redline.

Good to know! Thank you for the info
Students said lack of commitment to WOT or to higher RPM and it wasn't working for them.

I always have rev match on, so I dunno. Every time I've tried, it's been WOT and 6k+, and every time it's worked. 5BW, btw.

Edit: also, NLS in the 5 under an overpass with the windows down is sounds wild.

Last edited:
My caveat on this, is that I respect your opine. That said, a complicated mix to get it right when tracking ?
I have no skin in the game.

I'm just relaying my Spring Mountain experience.

For the 5BW I can confirm that no lift shift does NOT work if you aren’t WOT. Also has to be high RPM 5k+ when you do the shift. When I went to spring mountain they did NOT teach about no lift shift and went so far as to tell students who asked about it to NOT try it or do it on the track as there have been too many problems with students not being able to do it properly which was too hard on the cars. I also see little utility with the cadillac no lift shift implementation for anything outside of track use. Also during hot lap with instructor the instructor did NOT do the no lift shift. Instructor also heel toed on down shifts manually did not use rev match.

You can hear and see the NLS in my Spring Mountain video...I did it on every upshift. First one happens at ~25 seconds:

The times (on the street) where I have screwed it up I have not kept my foot to the floor for the entire shift. It's easy to mess up because lifting off the gas is instinctual. Even if you lift a tiny bit, it doesn't do NLS.

A little hard to gauge the sound, but I think it's working there.

NLS has computer intervention that affects the timing/cuts timing.

I think that's the sound your hearing.
I don't think it's working in that video, because the revs are jumping to redline during each shift (hard to tell on the 1-2, but definitely on the 2-3 and 3-4). It's also hard to tell because you are shifting very fast, impressively so.

I don't think it's working in that video, because the revs are jumping to redline during each shift (hard to tell on the 1-2, but definitely on the 2-3 and 3-4). It's also hard to tell because you are shifting very fast, impressively so.

Every time I try it , it’s a somewhat violent experience. Lol. Videos I’ve seen make it look way smoother. My car is at the dealership for something else anyway so I’m just gonna have them look at it and tell me what they think

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back