Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Launch Control with Manual

StevenM

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
I am a relatively new CT4 Blackwing owner past the break-in period but have unfortunately not been able to get out to Spring Mountain yet for the classes. For the Launch Control on a manual, how do you manage the clutch at launch? Do you just enable LC, floor it, dump the clutch, and let the electronics sort it out or do you still need to manage the hook up with the clutch?

On a BW5 manual (which I am just assuming is the same for a 4!), you have to be in one of the race modes. You just then floor it and release the clutch. You have to be at a full stop and the steering wheel straight. LC is set to automatic but you can go into a manual mode and make your own adjustments such as RPM and percent tire slippage.

Track/Sport works as well as Track/Race1 or Race2. I have not tried Track/Dry.

You just dump the clutch. Make sure you are in any PTM mode and then scroll over to launch control (drive mode doesn't matter)

If you want to customize the settings you'll have to be in track mode.

Sport mode PTM, floor it, dump the clutch, keep the throttle pinned for no lift shift. Its pretty violent compared to normal shifting and first gear vanishes very quickly and there is not much over run before the rev limiter hits like a brick wall so shift by 6k.

Here's me doing launch and no lift. Doing exactly what Synister said above.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back