Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Car won't go into reverse or drive

Just press the button in the center dash button row with the “P (radar icon)” on it. That disables the emergency braking.
I have pressed it multiple times (on/off cycles) and the light on the dash goes off, but the car won't move.

I think I did that. Go to settings, go to vehicle, go to collision and turn off all of the tech nannies. Did it. The car still won't go. Cadillac dealer indicated it might need to be reprogrammed. I hate tech.
I agree with you. Mark Twain once said....."I love progress , but I hate change". These cars are rolling computers.

I also saw that there is a recall or tech bulletin on some 2024 CT5BWs that the trunk opens by itself while driving.

Problem was solved. The brakes were locked either to the parking brake not releasing or just the pads not releasing from the rotors. After numerous attempts to move the car, the car finally broke loose. Thanks to all for the suggestions. The car drives correctly without any issues. I think I will not use the parking brake while in the garage. Even though it has been cold in Washington, my garage is in the mid 40s.

If you do, make sure you use wheel chocks instead. Glad this was an easy fix!
Why do I need wheel chocks? The garage is almost flat. Do the wheel chocks take the load of weight off of the transmission? Do they protect against the transmission slipping out of park which would cause the car to roll backwards into the garage door?

Why do I need wheel chocks? The garage is almost flat. Do the wheel chocks take the load of weight off of the transmission? Do they protect against the transmission slipping out of park which would cause the car to roll backwards into the garage door?
Consider them an extra layer of security. While the 'Park' mode in automatics does lock the transmission, it's not infallible. Chocks don't necessarily take the load off the transmission, but they do prevent any potential movement, ensuring the car stays exactly where you left it. It's a small investment for peace of mind, protecting both the car and garage door.

Consider them an extra layer of security. While the 'Park' mode in automatics does lock the transmission, it's not infallible. Chocks don't necessarily take the load off the transmission, but they do prevent any potential movement, ensuring the car stays exactly where you left it. It's a small investment for peace of mind, protecting both the car and garage door.
Or, you can install a small speed bump made for garage floors. This way you just drive over it and you're done.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back