Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Squeaking noise when pulling away from a stop or throttle at low RPM

CT5-V Model
If you hear a squeak/squeal coming from the engine when blipping the throttle in first gear it’s normal for the SC’d LT4 to make this squeak. This is common in all Camaros and Blackwings. I think it’s the SC engaging. Both my 6MT 5BW’s did it and it could be heard really good when entering my garage. Took my ‘22 to the dealer when I first heard it and they showed me first hand it’s the SC’d LT4. Looked it up on YouTube and sure enough ZL camaros make the same squeal/squeak. My new ‘24 5BW makes the same noise now.

Last edited:
If you hear a squeak/squeal coming from the engine when blipping the throttle in first gear it’s normal for the SC’d LT4 to make this squeak. This is common in all Camaros and Blackwings. I think it’s the SC engaging. Both my 6MT 5BW’s did it and it could be heard really good when entering my garage. Took my ‘22 to the dealer when I first heard it and they showed me first hand it’s the SC’d LT4. Looked it up on YouTube and sure enough ZL camaros make the same squeal/squeak. My new ‘24 5BW makes the same noise now.
That’s interesting. Exactly what is happening. I hear it the most in my garage. Can you please post the YouTube video so I can to see if it’s the same as mine. I looked and couldn’t find it. I have an appointment on Tuesday with the dealer and don’t want to waste my time nor money if they charge me for a diagnostic because it’s normal.

Last edited:
That is just air rushing through the throttle body, common on larger throttle bodies.
There you go. Both my BWs made that same noise. ZL1 Camaros same thing. Air through the TB makes sense. I thought maybe it was the SC pulley engaging. Good to know.

Just came back from the dealer. They said there is a TSB for this issue and basically, it operates normally and not worry. No fix was done. I can live with it so I’ll just keep driving 😊

Just came back from the dealer. They said there is a TSB for this issue and basically, it operates normally and not worry. No fix was done. I can live with it so I’ll just keep driving 😊
Did they give you the tsb number or details??

Bulletin 08-07-30-026H
Ah ok. This is for the autos. I’m having a similar sound but different method of action on my manual, so this doesn’t apply to me.

Ah ok. This is for the autos. I’m having a similar sound but different method of action on my manual, so this doesn’t apply to me.
Yeah, I thought this discussion was for 6MT cars. The TSB is for the A10.

Yeah, I thought this discussion was for 6MT cars. The TSB is for the A10.
That’s scary… cause mine is a manual. I can’t with these dealers. But that’s the bulletin on my paperwork along with them explaining it to me. I guess I’ll wait longer to see if it gets worse before going back.

Mine is a manual as well. I guess the dealer misdiagnosed the issue. Have to love it.
lol yup. Now you have to go back.

Essentially my issue is: squeaking belt (I think) at idle and when I pull away from a dead stop. ANYTIME the clutch is depressed in any way, whether that’s 10% engagement as I’m letting it out, or 90%, it squeaks until the clutch is fully out and I’m moving. Doesn’t matter if the car is cold, warm, or hot. I could let the clutch out at 3000rpms, or 1000, and the squeaking belt sound is still there.

lol yup. Now you have to go back.

Essentially my issue is: squeaking belt (I think) at idle and when I pull away from a dead stop. ANYTIME the clutch is depressed in any way, whether that’s 10% engagement as I’m letting it out, or 90%, it squeaks until the clutch is fully out and I’m moving. Doesn’t matter if the car is cold, warm, or hot. I could let the clutch out at 3000rpms, or 1000, and the squeaking belt sound is still there.
It’s gonna have to wait for when i go back in for something else. Mine sounds to be just like yours however does it regardless of clutch depression or not.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back