Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

I did. It was my 12th time going in last 13 years. I go to the 24 hours of Daytona every year also. First time going for more then Saturday to see the WEC race held Friday since they started doing the doubleheader with the IMSA 12hrs.

A lot of Cadillac/Blackwing activation at the event this year. Cadillac is commemorating a year long celebration starting this month with 20 years of the v series sub brand that began with the debut of the CTS-V race car in 2004 at a SCCA race at sebring before the inaugural production model was launched. Because of all this Cadillac was named the track/race’s official luxury vehicle. So as a result more Cadillac/Cadillac racing branding and billboards throughout the track. The safety car was a ct5 v blackwing. The blackwings have actually been the safety cars for many of the IMSA races since last year. Also they had a Cadillac ride and drive experience for people to test drive all the v series cars.
That sounds great. I noticed the electric blue safety car, so that was good to see. I spent 4 years in Daytona while going to college and went to a lot of the races during those years - great times. Would love to bring our little RV back down and hit the races again!
I'm not a fan of rubber/all weather mats. They just seem cheap looking. I usually upgrade with Lloyd's deep pile mats but of course they don't have the coverage. I've softened my opinion after getting my 5 with Cadillac floor and trunk mats. They are extremely Heavy and do not slip, slide, or move around and when dry are reasonably grippy and cushioned. Just that they make me think all terrain as opposed to luxury or sport.
They definitely don't have the refined look of a Lloyd's mat, that's for sure - had them in my last 2 Z06's and loved them. I have a bunch of Weathertech in our other rigs and like them for keeping everything clean, so I thought I'd give these a try - got them free using some GM points, so that was nice.
Can you buy the trunk mat come separately or, do you have to get the set?
Yeah, as shbox said, you can get it separately. It's nice and heavy too, so I think it'll hold up well.

Have some GM points in the bank as well, think I will order the trunk mat. Looks sturdy, and refined with the Caddy Badge. Caught my attention with your post @SonnyAK! Thanx

Thanks @shbox for your input!

Got pulled over by a lone lady cop in Bradenton Fl some time back for going through a red left turn signal and then exceeding the posted 30 mph speed. I was in my black XLR at the time.

She scolded me but was eyeing the car the whole time. After the scolding she asked if it was a convertible, and when I told her it was she asked me to put down the top. The folding hardtop routine was it for her… told me to be careful and drive safely and let me go about my business . Never even asked for my license, registration and proof of insurance. 😃

That car used to get tons of attention. I’d still have it if it had been available with something besides the Northstar engine.
Be honest, you flashed some nice cleavage and she complied.

I got back from Florida over the weekend. I turned the liability insurance back on this morning and took it for a drive. Nothing but smiles!!! Incidentally I've seen 3 or 4 blackwings up here north of Chicago. I saw a couple in Fl. Granted one of them was in West Palm Beach when I was out for lunch. I saw about a dozen Bentley's while car watching as we were outside eating.

Had my car at the detail shop getting the front ended PPF installed and mirrors sprayed black. Great use of the downtime while I was at Spring Mountain.

Attachments

• E67C7506-5D1A-45DB-AAD9-DDCCA63D9647.jpeg
    E67C7506-5D1A-45DB-AAD9-DDCCA63D9647.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 72
  • E188D59B-1B21-47A0-96C0-8314EDF43340.jpeg
    E188D59B-1B21-47A0-96C0-8314EDF43340.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
At purchase I requested the dealer installed black mirror option which they graciously threw into the deal for no additional cost. I opted to wait until after the originals were ceramic coated.

They were installed yesterday. They gave me the original Blaze Orange mirror shells back so I have a pristine replacement set if the black ones take a beating over time.

D43F8E44-86CD-4B5D-A8EC-F8EB03DDD3EB.jpeg

Break in oil change at 1355 mi, PF63 back on and 7qts of Pennz UltraPlat 5w-30. I did not reset the oil life monitor and will take it to the dealer for the freebie with ~20-25% remaining, its at 81% right now.

Only thing that was lame was apparently the PF63's have a relatively flimsy body and the wrench Ive been using for over a decade on Toyota, Aprilia, and other GM filters totally crushed and mangled the filter during removal. Never done that to any other filter. So I guess Im either getting a fluted top filter wrench or switching to the UPF63R with its beefier body.

Baby's first oil change. Done at the dealer. 3 months 9 days after purchase; 2266 miles.

Install and PPF on the 31st
PXL_20230325_161602385.jpg
PXL_20230325_161614596.jpg

EBay, another member or two here have the same ones. About $225 a set. Quality looks good.

The CF ones replace the original one correct? Making sure it’s not just a stick on over the original.

Also, I know you have a 4BW, wonder if the 5BW uses the same mirror and these would fit?

The CF ones replace the original one correct? Making sure it’s not just a stick on over the original.

Also, I know you have a 4BW, wonder if the 5BW uses the same mirror and these would fit?
It's replacement. The stick on ones suck and you can spot them in the $60-100 range.

5 has a different mirror but others figured out good CF options already.

EBay, another member or two here have the same ones. About $225 a set. Quality looks good.

The install description for those is throwing me off! The Ebay listing says it installs with double sided tape. Is this the exact same Ebay listing that you purchased yours from?

1679766809679.png

The install description for those is throwing me off! The Ebay listing says it installs with double sided tape. Is this the exact same Ebay listing that you purchased yours from?

View attachment 17864
What I linked to is what I bought. You can even see it has the screw mounting locations as stock.

It came with no tape, those notes are copied and pasted from their lower priced stick on version .

Because race car.
7E6AFC6A-3BDA-47BC-BBFD-A75CE3AC0620.jpeg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop