Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

Gave it Oil Change #2 @ 9355 miles.
20230316oilchg.jpg

Then gave it a well needed wash.
20230316washed.jpg

Sorry ladies but in my experience all lady cops are, uh, not the friendliest. All that I've dealt with I am convinced they just hate men in general and this is their way of payback. Front plate tickets have to be the lowest form of scum when writing a BS ticket. I prefer them to just be honest and tell me they wanted to pull me over just to pull me over.
Got pulled over by a lone lady cop in Bradenton Fl some time back for going through a red left turn signal and then exceeding the posted 30 mph speed. I was in my black XLR at the time.

She scolded me but was eyeing the car the whole time. After the scolding she asked if it was a convertible, and when I told her it was she asked me to put down the top. The folding hardtop routine was it for her… told me to be careful and drive safely and let me go about my business . Never even asked for my license, registration and proof of insurance. 😃

That car used to get tons of attention. I’d still have it if it had been available with something besides the Northstar engine.

I like the concept of those floor mats. I had them for a time in a Miata but ended up ditching them bc they'd get too slick when wet. It made switching back and forth from the 3 pedals a little sketch. But YMMV.

I like the concept of those floor mats. I had them for a time in a Miata but ended up ditching them bc they'd get too slick when wet. It made switching back and forth from the 3 pedals a little sketch. But YMMV.

I've had the Weathertech versions in a few cars, and they were ok, but I never used anything but water/scrubbing to clean them. I'm really hoping the material on these won't get too slick...fingers crossed. 🤞

After multiple snow storms, weeks away for work, and rain for the last 3 days, I got some nice seat time with a well spirited drive. Was the first time I pushed it a bit and was pretty pleased with how sharp and composed this thing is.

After, gave it a much needed wash and put her to bed for what is gearing up to be another few days of garbage weather.

832w33.jpg

That's awesome! Bet you had a blast! What a finish!
I did. It was my 12th time going in last 13 years. I go to the 24 hours of Daytona every year also. First time going for more then Saturday to see the WEC race held Friday since they started doing the doubleheader with the IMSA 12hrs.

A lot of Cadillac/Blackwing activation at the event this year. Cadillac is commemorating a year long celebration starting this month with 20 years of the v series sub brand that began with the debut of the CTS-V race car in 2004 at a SCCA race at sebring before the inaugural production model was launched. Because of all this Cadillac was named the track/race’s official luxury vehicle. So as a result more Cadillac/Cadillac racing branding and billboards throughout the track. The safety car was a ct5 v blackwing. The blackwings have actually been the safety cars for many of the IMSA races since last year. Also they had a Cadillac ride and drive experience for people to test drive all the v series cars.

Threw in a new set of all weather floor mats, then burned a few gallons of fuel!
View attachment 17730View attachment 17731
I'm not a fan of rubber/all weather mats. They just seem cheap looking. I usually upgrade with Lloyd's deep pile mats but of course they don't have the coverage. I've softened my opinion after getting my 5 with Cadillac floor and trunk mats. They are extremely Heavy and do not slip, slide, or move around and when dry are reasonably grippy and cushioned. Just that they make me think all terrain as opposed to luxury or sport.

I'm not a fan of rubber/all weather mats. They just seem cheap looking. I usually upgrade with Lloyd's deep pile mats but of course they don't have the coverage. I've softened my opinion after getting my 5 with Cadillac floor and trunk mats. They are extremely Heavy and do not slip, slide, or move around and when dry are reasonably grippy and cushioned. Just that they make me think all terrain as opposed to luxury or sport.
Totally agree with you OldGoat. I’ve had Lloyd’s in my C6 & C7 and loved them, but my 5BW came with the all weather mats and they are very good and no slip for me.
GM has done much better over the last several years as my 22 AT4 all weather mats are very good as well. IMO, much better than WeatherTech.
Funny, cause I still have the factory carpet mats in original packaging, and they seem fairly nice as well.

Totally agree with you OldGoat. I’ve had Lloyd’s in my C6 & C7 and loved them, but my 5BW came with the all weather mats and they are very good and no slip for me.
GM has done much better over the last several years as my 22 AT4 all weather mats are very good as well. IMO, much better than WeatherTech.
Funny, cause I still have the factory carpet mats in original packaging, and they seem fairly nice as well.
Very small footprint. Only reason I still have them is the V-emblem on them. Figured I'd put them to good use at some point 🤔

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back