Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

Backed into a “hidden” curb today and caused some road rash on rear wheel, passenger side. Rash is about 1/4 inch wide and 2 inches long, right on the lip of the wheel. Not very noticeable so will watch the tire for leaking and or bubbles. Sure glad I bought the tire/wheel insurance. If tire doesn’t leak not sure if I will get it repaired/replaced.

Here are some examples of what not to do to your BlackWing

Guess the dude likes red. You know what they say, someone's trash is another one's treasure. Definitely not my cup of tea though.

Just installed a wiring harness from Gen5diy for my radar detector and got a set of the leave on jacking points from ZL1 Addons that'll go on later today.

I hate gen5diy... I waited months to get a 5th gen RS taillight swap harness from them(2014-2015), never happened and ended up building/designing my own. I posted my solution/fix and like 2 weeks later, they advertise their new style harness, which was exactly what I did. Their original design required two wires from the front turn signals ran all the way to the back but I found a work around.

See the box with their "logo" on it.... It's for trailers and it splits the turn/brake signals so you can use a trailer with separate filaments for the taillights. That was the trick to make it work without wiring to the front lights. Someone on Camaro5 asked for a write up which I gladly provided to anyone who asked but apparently one person who asked was this company, and then they made them this way. oh well.
Gen5DIY-70_1400x.jpg

Last edited:
Well......This happened.
LicensePlate.jpg

Unfortunately, the drivers of both vehicles required to pull me over for this egregious offense at 2 in the morning were not car gals. One of them stated the reason they pulled me over was for not having a front license plate and asked no other questions (first time in my life I've been pulled over with this stated as the main reason - and certainly seemed extremely rare to not be asked if I'd been drinking- I hadn't)- but requested I leave the engine off - license and reg - then 13 minutes to write a "fix-it" ticket. Sigh. oh well.

Btw, Had it in my mode, left in my mode to pull away. 📢🏎️🚓
Ordered tow hook mount - we'll see if it works/fits - backup plan is to zip tie it to the grill (with rubber plate cover) to get the ticket signed off, and we will see what the fine amount is as I can't find it on the ticket or online anywhere.

In contrast, about a month ago on the same road, a checkpoint was setup one late-night. They had 8 officers standing so they could check 8 cars simulaneously. As I pulled up to the 2nd in line when the line cycled through, the 5 of the first 6 cops all mentioned, "Nice car", etc., "Is that a V", "Is that a CTS-V".

I guess the moral of MY story is....I wish there were more car gal enthusiasts #IYKYK #staysafeoutthere - as I feel I would have made it home 15 minutes earlier and with normal blood pressure and demeanor.

Sorry ladies but in my experience all lady cops are, uh, not the friendliest. All that I've dealt with I am convinced they just hate men in general and this is their way of payback. Front plate tickets have to be the lowest form of scum when writing a BS ticket. I prefer them to just be honest and tell me they wanted to pull me over just to pull me over.

Well......This happened.
View attachment 17586
Unfortunately, the drivers of both vehicles required to pull me over for this egregious offense at 2 in the morning were not car gals. One of them stated the reason they pulled me over was for not having a front license plate and asked no other questions (first time in my life I've been pulled over with this stated as the main reason - and certainly seemed extremely rare to not be asked if I'd been drinking- I hadn't)- but requested I leave the engine off - license and reg - then 13 minutes to write a "fix-it" ticket. Sigh. oh well.

Btw, Had it in my mode, left in my mode to pull away. 📢🏎️🚓
Ordered tow hook mount - we'll see if it works/fits - backup plan is to zip tie it to the grill (with rubber plate cover) to get the ticket signed off, and we will see what the fine amount is as I can't find it on the ticket or online anywhere.

In contrast, about a month ago on the same road, a checkpoint was setup one late-night. They had 8 officers standing so they could check 8 cars simulaneously. As I pulled up to the 2nd in line when the line cycled through, the 5 of the first 6 cops all mentioned, "Nice car", etc., "Is that a V", "Is that a CTS-V".

I guess the moral of MY story is....I wish there were more car gal enthusiasts #IYKYK #staysafeoutthere - as I feel I would have made it home 15 minutes earlier and with normal blood pressure and demeanor.
Appears to be a "slow" night for the copers....

Dropped her off at the detailer for Tint, PPF and Ceramic. Can't wait for the Rift/Bronze combo to POP! Also putting on the monochrome emblems and de-badging the trunk-lid finally 🔥

I was considering wrapping the roof black and the mirror caps.. Not sure how that'd look though. Probably too much 🤔

Reactions: CMK
I was considering wrapping the roof black and the mirror caps.. Not sure how that'd look though. Probably too much 🤔
Naw, man... I think the contrast looks great, but that is just my personal opinion.

Dropped her off at the detailer for Tint, PPF and Ceramic. Can't wait for the Rift/Bronze combo to POP! Also putting on the monochrome emblems and de-badging the trunk-lid finally 🔥

Mirrors are black on mine already. I have been strongly considering the black wrap for the top. A part of me wants to wrap the pillars too to make a complete top being black. But then I start to think that will be too much. I need spring to spring so I can pull her out of hibernation..

Naw, man... I think the contrast looks great, but that is just my personal opinion.
Damn. I was looking for an example before dropping it off. Forgot you had a black roof and mirrors and I love it. Honestly I'm aiming to mirror your build but keep it Rift and hold onto the Tech Bronze wheels (for now). Going to order that Forged Wing. Did you have to drill any additional holes to mount it?

Maybe it's not too late to call the detailer about the roof

Mirrors are black on mine already. I have been strongly considering the black wrap for the top. A part of me wants to wrap the pillars too to make a complete top being black. But then I start to think that will be too much. I need spring to spring so I can pull her out of hibernation..
After looking at @Dubbed.theB 4BW the black roof is a dark cherry on top if you ask me. Idk about the A pillars though. Makes me think of the split-tone Camrys of late.

Going to order that Forged Wing. Did you have to drill any additional holes to mount it?
No extra mounting holes to drill. Uses all existing from the stock wing.

I spent 22 (actual) hours paint correcting and then placing Cquartz ceramic on my car after the Cadillac dealership did a terrible job supposedly doing the same.

If curious, skip the ceramic at the dealership (you’d think I would have learned my lesson by now).

Well worth it in the end though. Now has shine for days and will be much easier to maintain. Particularly for a black car.

Attachments

• BA8C82AF-9B27-4E7D-B9A0-F69C9F0EDC49.jpeg
    BA8C82AF-9B27-4E7D-B9A0-F69C9F0EDC49.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 91
  • 571D9D0B-7704-40A1-A452-F3FC539261F0.jpeg
    571D9D0B-7704-40A1-A452-F3FC539261F0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 96
  • 659714BD-C93B-48EC-8255-D8C6D85C7666.jpeg
    659714BD-C93B-48EC-8255-D8C6D85C7666.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
Here are some examples of what not to do to your BlackWing

Wonder where he got the paddle shifter extensions from. I hate them in red, but in black or silver they'd be great.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back