Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Subwoofer Install

Unplug the X3 connector. I cannot remember which one it is in your picture, but match up the color of the wires with the diagram, and if they all match that's the one. You can either cut the wires 1, 2, and 3 (all of the ANC mics). Or, get a depinning tool (the correct tool is J-38125-215A) and disconnect them from the harness. You might need to Google how this connector releases because it is a little odd. It has a part that slides then you can get to the terminals. Also, I'd make sure all the colors are the same as what is in my diagram, otherwise you'll need to get to the factory service manual for the 4.
Thank you! My car is getting some tint fixed today but I will give this a go Friday/Saturday. Appreciate the detailed info!

Thank you! My car is getting some tint fixed today but I will give this a go Friday/Saturday. Appreciate the detailed info!
Another thing you could do if you are in communication with LLJ customs is have them make you a harness. If you can get them the correct diagram for your car, they could easily make a harness that you put between the amp and original connector leaving out the ANC mic wires. The connector I bought from them was not correct for my car, but I was in a bit of a time crunch, so didn't have time to get the custom harness thing done.

Another thing you could do if you are in communication with LLJ customs is have them make you a harness. If you can get them the correct diagram for your car, they could easily make a harness that you put between the amp and original connector leaving out the ANC mic wires. The connector I bought from them was not correct for my car, but I was in a bit of a time crunch, so didn't have time to get the custom harness thing done.
Great minds think a like. I send them the pic you provided asking if they could make one. Will report back with what they say.

Hey, I'm in Concord...What Shop in the Charlotte area installed that sub & amp? Thanks!

Hey, I'm in Concord...What Shop in the Charlotte area installed that sub & amp? Thanks!
Freeman Car Stereo in Concord. The installer was Chad, and he's a car guy and very good. They were very responsive to all me questions, and I harped on a clean install, and I think they delivered. Feel free to reference my car.

I'd really like to get a subwoofer to enhance the bass as well. (That's my ONLY complaint about the car- not enough bass.) However, I've been concerned about having that crap in the trunk when I'm at the track.

For those of you that have gotten "bumps in the trunk": were you or your installers able to secure the system enough to handle the track?

I'd really like to get a subwoofer to enhance the bass as well. (That's my ONLY complaint about the car- not enough bass.) However, I've been concerned about having that crap in the trunk when I'm at the track.

For those of you that have gotten "bumps in the trunk": were you or your installers able to secure the system enough to handle the track?
Just install some quick disconnects for the power and remote lines. The RCAs should be easy enough. I used velcro tape to keep it in place, and has not come loose even with some aggressive non-track driving. Still easy to disconnect and remove if I need the space. Might need to replace the velcro tape if swapping often but it is cheap enough.

Awesome, thank you. Was it a quick install?
One full day.

I have my amp and LOC secured in the spare tire well, they aren't going anywhere. My sub box is Velcrod in, and I can take it out super easy, just have to disconnect the two speaker wires. You can also go the custom box built in route to have the box more permanently installed and wouldn't have to worry about taking it out for track, or having it come loose.

Did you disable the ANC? If so, how? If not, any issues with odd sounds? Edit: I found this...I'm going to give it a shot and hope it works. I'm actually curious to see how much of a difference the ANC actually makes...

Is there a huge difference without the ANC?

Last edited:
Is there a huge difference without the ANC?
Yeah, there is. A lot more road/wind noise. I would like to drive a stock car back to back with mine to see since I am now immune to it. I really noticed it on a recent road trip with my wife an she pointed out how loud it was when trying to listen to an audio book.

For those of you who have disabled ANC with a subwoofer, how's the interior noise? Any significant difference with it disabled? Does this also disable the fake engine noise or are those 2 separate things? Thanks!

Does this also disable the fake engine noise or are those 2 separate things? Thanks!
It seems like it would be interconnected, but I would like to know this, too.

I'd love to remove the rumbling fake engine sound coming through the speakers when I take the foot off the accelerator in Sport mode.

It can be disabled with a good scanner actually. Apparently the shop did it when they put my sub in. I was using the a Foxwell 8098BT and saw them disabled when I ran an all module scan.

It can be disabled with a good scanner actually. Apparently the shop did it when they put my sub in. I was using the a Foxwell 8098BT and saw them disabled when I ran an all module scan.
I have a similar scanner. Do you know if ANC is linked to the fake engine noise?

That fake engine noise is actually your engine. GM uses ANC to remove what they called 'undesirable harmonics' whatever that means (I suspect it's part of why you can hear the supercharger outside but not inside.)

So the exhaust drone when decelerating above 2k RPM in Sport/Track mode is not enhanced by the speakers?

So the exhaust drone when decelerating above 2k RPM in Sport/Track mode is not enhanced by the speakers?
If anything ANC is diminishing it! You need to have someone drive your car while you stand on the curb outside when they get on it. You'll probably be shocked.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back