Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

Diagnosed the annoying “tick tick tick” noise coming from my tire the past few days :bu

View attachment 17088
That sucks! I had one and the same place on my C7 Z06 front tire at 300 miles and Michelin said ok to plug. I had it plugged and patched underneath, have just over 9k miles with no issue. I don’t track my car, but don’t really know for a fact if I did I would have an issue. I drive fast and hard, but on the street.

This is a decent kit for a bail out on the road....now that my son used it first and solved the issue till it could be better repaired, I like it! IMHO.

Attachments

• 20230212_152707_resized.jpg
    20230212_152707_resized.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 20230212_152828_resized.jpg
    20230212_152828_resized.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 60
Was clicking through stuff at a stoplight and thought this number was a fun coincidence:
20230221_192547.jpg

Hit a pothole last night resulting in sidewall damage. Had to use roadside assistance for the first time in as long as I can remember. It took 5-1/2 hours for the tow to arrive. It's ok though, I had a lovely gas station in Camden, NJ to wait at.

View attachment 17127

View attachment 17128
Are these tires fragile, or is this just the low profile tire life? The same thing just happened to me, but I’m coming from an F-150 so I have no frame of reference.

Hit a pothole last night resulting in sidewall damage. Had to use roadside assistance for the first time in as long as I can remember. It took 5-1/2 hours for the tow to arrive. It's ok though, I had a lovely gas station in Camden, NJ to wait at.

View attachment 17127

View attachment 17128
You're lucky you still have all four wheels after spending time in Camden.

Are these tires fragile, or is this just the low profile tire life? The same thing just happened to me, but I’m coming from an F-150 so I have no frame of reference.
For the record, the tire I destroyed was a Conti DWS 06+ all season in stock size. And it was a severe pothole hit.

You're lucky you still have all four wheels after spending time in Camden.
Truth Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Another fun bonus to my adventure: the tow truck cab smelled like an asshole full of cigarettes, and the truck driver kept going back and forth between claiming the Jan 6 capitol rioters are being treated unfairly, and that the shifter in my car is the same one from a Saturn, made of plastic, and won't last past 15k miles so I should just sell my car now. Great experience at 2 AM.

Last edited:

View attachment 17127

View attachment 17128
$3.15?!?!!? shit I'll go to Camden for $3.15!! but damn that sucks dude, check w/ continental and their total assurance warranty assuming youre good on the mileage. they do prorate/replace tires with sidewall damage

$3.15?!?!!? shit I'll go to Camden for $3.15!! but damn that sucks dude, check w/ continental and their total assurance warranty assuming youre good on the mileage. they do prorate/replace tires with sidewall damage
Stop lyin, no you won't! 🤣

Tire Rack's road hazard coverage (free) is paying the full cost of a new tire. 👍

Unless things have changed for the better in the last 10-15 years, I wouldn't go to Camden for 29 cent gas, or anything else. I grew up not too far from Camden. It was a POS in the 80's, 90's and early 2000's. Back in the 80's/90's, broken down, you would have been lucky to get out with your life. The car would have been gone.

Drove the 5BW to CJD Dealer to look at 4xe for the wife to see if we liked it.
The entire time we were there (including a short test drive), there were 3 or more sales associates congregating by the BW, drooling, and discussing my car. :ROFLMAO: They all waited for me to start it up. I was nice and gave them a rev on the way out of the lot.

Did a relatively quick interior detail, looking pretty good for 13,500 miles!

Learned a few things
- Did not realize the door panels had a specific place to put an umbrella (see pic)
- Discovered my dealership forgot to take that light blue protective plastic off the dead pedal, so I got to peel it off and discover a part of my car that was still "brand new"
- Realized the plastic pieces in the door handles, center console area, and phone charging area are super easy to remove and clean. As I realized this, my brain said "OH. DUH. That must be the whole point..."
- One of the pieces of rubber on my brake pedal has worn out significantly
- There is a small area on my driver's seat where the leather is flaking, not sure what to do about that

tempImagedBxwvp.png

Last edited:
Did a relatively quick interior detail, looking pretty good for 13,500 miles!

Learned a few things
- Did not realize the door panels had a specific place to put an umbrella (see pic)
- Discovered my dealership forgot to take that light blue protective plastic off the dead pedal, so I got to peel it off and discover a part of my car that was still "brand new"
- Realized the plastic pieces in the door handles, center console area, and phone charging area are super easy to remove and clean. As I realized this, my brain said "OH. DUH. That must be the whole point..."
- One of the pieces of rubber on my brake pedal has worn out significantly
- There is a small area on my driver's seat where the leather is flaking, not sure what to do about that

View attachment 17322
Got a picture of the leather flaking?

Reactions: CMK
It looks like something must have scratched/scuffed it , but I have no idea what it could have been

View attachment 17334
That sucks! Maybe caused by a boot or shoe when getting in the car? Or the edge of a vacuum nozzle?
But it makes me feel better, because that definitely looks like something abraded it as opposed to the leather starting to flake apart on its own. I would think that wouldn't be too hard for an upholstery shop to fix.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back