Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
As I was heading out to the dealer, my dash comes up with "Service Transmission Now, Unable to Shift Soon". The service light for the ABS went out. The dealer concurs that if you leave the car sit for more than 72 hours and don't drive it for at least 30 minutes, the battery drains down enough to set off different warnings. He recommends that if I park it for more than 72 hours to attach a battery tender to keep everything charged.
If it is the battery... just think of the problems GM has had moving all those backlogged cars out of the 🐐 pen. Many of those sat for many months.

It's getting real!!! My whip parked in Albany, NY, won't be on the move until Sunday night. You can see she is in good company with other parked Blackwing's on the other car carrier.
Looks awesome. Getting very close. That Rift looks amazing with the bronze wheels. That combination is really growing on me. Might not have ordered blaze if I had seen this combo before I ordered. Hope you have a safe and uneventful delivery!

Looks awesome. Getting very close. That Rift looks amazing with the bronze wheels. That combination is really growing on me. Might not have ordered blaze if I had seen this combo before I ordered. Hope you have a safe and uneventful delivery!
Oh, BTW, did you get the truck driver to send the pictures? If so, that's some kind of service.

As I was heading out to the dealer, my dash comes up with "Service Transmission Now, Unable to Shift Soon". The service light for the ABS went out. The dealer concurs that if you leave the car sit for more than 72 hours and don't drive it for at least 30 minutes, the battery drains down enough to set off different warnings. He recommends that if I park it for more than 72 hours to attach a battery tender to keep everything charged.
That....seems extreme. Both my Z06 and 4BW sit for several weeks without going on a charger

The cars are most likely in transportation mode and use very little power...
Makes sense. Have you been back to your dealer to order anything else? Saw some old posts indicating you are a regular there in grapevine.

I purchase all my car from Sewell Dallas, and I'm actually considering a car I was offered thats set to be built soon....
Do tell. Specs? I tried to get my 5BW there but never got an allocation. Maybe got lost in the shuffle from 22 to 23.

It a 2023 4BW, pretty much loaded, and sorry guys, A10. Don't know if I'm going to do it because my awesome wife thinks I don't need it, and I have to purchase her a new XT4 next year.....
Sounds nice. I am partial to the 6m but I understand. Taught my daughter on my 17 SS sedan 6m. Bought her a new 6m Subi crosstrek last year. She cried when I brought it home. Last weekend at Tech parents weekend she told me thanks for making her get the 6m. She informed me she wants me to help her install a lift, off road tires, and light bars. It was my turn to cry! Keep your wife happy.. although, you know how the TX ladies like their Escalades!

Sounds nice. I am partial to the 6m but I understand. Taught my daughter on my 17 SS sedan 6m. Bought her a new 6m Subi crosstrek last year. She cried when I brought it home. Last weekend at Tech parents weekend she told me thanks for making her get the 6m. She informed me she wants me to help her install a lift, off road tires, and light bars. It was my turn to cry! Keep your wife happy.. although, you know how the TX ladies like their Escalades!
LOL, she does not want an Escalade because it's "too big".... My 5BW is a manual and like you I taught my son to drive a manual and thats what he is driving currently.. I have to have a backup car for my wife to drive so it has to be a auto...

My 17 SS was an auto and my wife loved that car until I "messed" it up with a few mods...

LOL, she does not want an Escalade because it's "too big".... My 5BW is a manual and like you I taught my son to drive a manual and thats what he is driving currently.. I have to have a backup car for my wife to drive so it has to be a auto...

My 17 SS was an auto and my wife loved that car until I "messed" it up with a few mods...
Excellent. She does not drive a manual? My wife does but it's really scary. She thinks you have to rawhide it just because it's a stick. Not a good combo. My daughter loves it because none of the guys know how and they think she's a bad ass cause she can.

Excellent. She does not drive a manual? My wife does but it's really scary. She thinks you have to rawhide it just because it's a stick. Not a good combo. My daughter loves it because none of the guys know how and they think she's a bad ass cause she can.
I tried to teach her in my sons Honda Civic but she could not get it... I think she is over thinking it.....When my son worked at Discount tire he was the only guy in the shop that could drive a manual, lol.... He drives one very well... When we went to Spring Mountain he was in a manual 5BW.....

Attachments

• IMG_4810.jpg
    IMG_4810.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_4815.jpg
    IMG_4815.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 81
I tried to teach her in my sons Honda Civic but she could not get it... I think she is over thinking it.....When my son worked at Discount tire he was the only guy in the shop that could drive a manual, lol.... He drives one very well... When we went to Spring Mountain he was in a manual 5BW.....
Love it! A memory he will never forget. I ordered the subi new out of Salt Lake City. Stopped in Moab the first night on the way back. Drove every jeep trail I could find the next two days. Amazing. Offered to take my daughter later in the summer but she was too busy working. Maybe after the lift, wheels, and tires...

Attachments

• 20210718_093424.jpg
    20210718_093424.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 57
A surprisingly effective way of teaching some whos never driven a manual before is to use a driving simulator like City Car Driving and a wheel with a clutch and shifter like the Logitech g920. It's not exactly the same as a real car, but it teaches engagement points and throttle manipulation fairly well. It's funny watching new people stall the car and blame it on the sim when you know that's exactly what would be happing out in the parking lot.

A surprisingly effective way of teaching some whos never driven a manual before is to use a driving simulator like City Car Driving and a wheel with a clutch and shifter like the Logitech g920. It's not exactly the same as a real car, but it teaches engagement points and throttle manipulation fairly well. It's funny watching new people stall the car and blame it on the sim when you know that's exactly what would be happing out in the parking lot.
That is a bad to the bone idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!