Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Rob,
could you add me again. since 2022 was never picked up after 11 months,
the 2023 120 AE edition was submitted. new order # is BWCW8W.

Side note I was ready to walk away, but my wife insisted.... so will see. I am ok in waiting, just hated lack of any info from GM. I was suppose to be getting updates from the rep according to her... surprise surprise I never heard a peep.
will see.

Thanks!

@Throat Yogurt Join the club bro! I just sold off my Honda S2K last night to fund a portion of the 5BW - which is sitting at the plant waiting for a chip. My daily is a 2010 Town and Country minivan - so I am in exactly the same situation! No respect from anyone...but guess what I don't care! It's paid for, practical, comfortable and reliable. I'll leave it to the BW to bring out my dark side:boogie
Think of this as a character building experience. Several years back when my finances were less robust, I leased a Chevy Malibu. The day I took it home I was flagged down by someone at my apartment complex who asked me if I was from Enterprise. I told him “no, the car is mine, thanks.” Nothing like spending 3 years in a car that is not inspiring to drive and presumed to be a cheap rental. I think minivans get more respect than any modern Chevy Malibu.

Think of this as a character building experience. Several years back when my finances were less robust, I leased a Chevy Malibu. The day I took it home I was flagged down by someone at my apartment complex who asked me if I was from Enterprise. I told him “no, the car is mine, thanks.” Nothing like spending 3 years in a car that is not inspiring to drive and presumed to be a cheap rental. I think minivans get more respect than any modern Chevy Malibu.
When my SS was totaled, I rented a white Malibu. It was so bad that I brought it back 2 days later and traded it for a Durango. The funny part is, I eventually replaced the SS with a white CTS-V. When I got the V, my neighbor thought it was another rental as I had switched rentals a few times in the months between cars. 😂

I sold the V3 June 2021 and drove my old 2007 XC90 for 7 months. I told people it kept me humble.

Stay humble, this is what I drive to save on gas, ok just to make a wired unknow statement...but makes a helleva conversation starter ..governor turned up and I can hit 100 mph, but it gets scary....
20220227_174035.jpg

Quick Question: What is the difference between "VIN" numbers in the spreadsheet that start with an "N" and those that start with a "P"? Thanks!
= = = = =
Ahhh! Found it! The 10th digit is the Model Year! "P" must be the 2023's :) (y)

Last edited:
Rift, manual, sky cool interior, all the carbon, pretty much all options except ceramic brakes. Front facing PPF, full ceramic, full tint except windshield, interior leather protective coating. 4600 miles and counting.

2-BF0-D1-C4-88-F8-4177-99-BA-40-BB78-A17-F6-B.jpg

96429730-C729-46-BF-865-F-709250-B7-F2-F7.jpg

E63-CA845-857-F-4786-ACAF-F554-A5-DC1-EB9.jpg
I thought the thesis was to keep a pair of Bw5’s? Why not just cancel your 2023 order and refer a forum member to that order instead selling this one. Seems that would be a win win as it minimize delivery risk for you on the new one and give someone else a chance at a new one for MSRP.

I thought the thesis was to keep a pair of Bw5’s? Why not just cancel your 2023 order and refer a forum member to that order instead selling this one. Seems that would be a win win as it minimize delivery risk for you on the new one and give someone else a chance at a new one for MSRP.

The second 5BW is to stash away to daily drive ten or so years from now when these types of cars are no longer available for purchase, and I'd rather do that with a new one. I did the same with my 21 Durango Hellcat which I drove for about nine months and 8000 mies, sold it, and have another one mothballed. I'll probably do the same with the C8Z and the upcoming rumored Charger 909. It's just a thing I decided to do these last couple of years with cars whose ICE technology is on its way out.

And me not buying another one would not mean it goes to someone else at msrp. My dealership charges ADM to most of their customers but for a few.

I still haven't decided if I want to sell it btw. I haven't listed it and every time I drive it I don't want to let it go. :)

The second 5BW is to stash away to daily drive ten or so years from now when these types of cars are no longer available for purchase, and I'd rather do that with a new one. I did the same with my 21 Durango Hellcat which I drove for about nine months and 8000 mies, sold it, and have another one mothballed. I'll probably do the same with the C8Z and the upcoming rumored Charger 909. It's just a thing I decided to do these last couple of years with cars whose ICE technology is on its way out.

And me not buying another one would not mean it goes to someone else at msrp. My dealership charges ADM to most of their customers but for a few.

I still haven't decided if I want to sell it btw. I haven't listed it and every time I drive it I don't want to let it go. :)
If I had the means to keep a few cars mothballed I would. If I did, there is no way I would sell the one I was actually using. No offense in saying things this directly but you should really think about what the point is if buying the car to have it later when it would potentially force to sell the one you’re enjoying. It’s kinda like marrying a supermodel then becoming abstinent. Life is short, enjoy it while it’s there to be enjoyed.

If I had the means to keep a few cars mothballed I would. If I did, there is no way I would sell the one I was actually using. No offense in saying things this directly but you should really think about what the point is if buying the car to have it later when it would potentially force to sell the one you’re enjoying. It’s kinda like marrying a supermodel then becoming abstinent. Life is short, enjoy it while it’s there to be enjoyed.

We all think about things differently. I have vehicular ADD and I am super blessed to have the means to feed this addiction. I've owned about 35 cars in the last eight years because of it. As opposed to human relationships which grow and evolve, albeit less so with supermodels, I find cars have a limit to the experience that can be extracted from them, and once it has, the experiences become repetitive. With limited time and available miles at my disposal I move on to the next car to experience rather than repeat one I've already had. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse, but the process of discovery is what brings me most joy.

It's also why up until recently, for as many as I had purchased, I never collected cars. The only thing that changed that slightly recently is the technological shift that we're in that has made me hoard a few cars. If that wasn't happening I wouldn't be buying two of anything. Let's put it this way, if I didn't know that ICE is ending I'd still be trading out of cars that I love driving safe in the knowledge that others even more epic would be coming down the pipe. I just don't have the confidence that it will be so with electrics.

The important thing is all this makes sense to me. :)

Thanks Rob for tracking her, she may have been on the list the longest. Ordered February 2021, built February 2022, delivered today. She was stuck in the lot of doom then the rail yard. AS had the car on it's docket but it was pulled in favor of the slow train to NJ hub. Finally Cadillac corporate got involved and helped push delivery along. At least 4 edd's were missed dating back to late May. Amazingly (but haven't looked it over too thoroughly) I only see 1 scratch so far.

Last edited:
Looks my 23' 4BW just made it to 3800;

"Congratulations! Your vehicle has been produced. It is important to know that shipping arrangements will take place next and your selling dealer is the best source for additional detail on that process."
Congratulations! Is it an Anniversary Edition or a "regular" Blackwing!

Now the million dollar question --- did either of you have one or both carbon fiber packages? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop