Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Wait times for normal orders

It's, ahem, SOP for them to send all the cars to the lot I do believe.
Totally SOP... read the online manual:
SOP parking lot protocols-Subsections
A) the winter Michigan weather helps cure the surface paint
B) S
C) by aging the cars now they will be vintage by the time you get them increasing their value further
D) sitting in the parking lots helps their fluids ferment making driving them an intoxicating experience.
E) All of the above
F) None of the above
G) oatrodeo

Don't blame you at all. I have said all along the 5 is the story of the 2022 Blackwings. I don't want to say the 4 is "settling", but the 5 is a much more unique offering that caters to my tastes. I'm sure the 4 is a hoot to drive, especially in the manual, but I don't see myself keeping one long term as I do the 5.
No offense, but I wonder the same. Is a 4 "settling"? And as someone else said, is the 5 just too much power, where the 4 is just right? Will I get myself in "trouble" with a 5? My two closest advisors (the wife and my son) say wait for the 5 and don't drop the CF. Not sure they understand the angst and frustration of this wait. Saving $30K is a big number too. Ugh

No offense, but I wonder the same. Is a 4 "settling"? And as someone else said, is the 5 just too much power, where the 4 is just right? Will I get myself in "trouble" with a 5? My two closest advisors (the wife and my son) say wait for the 5 and don't drop the CF. Not sure they understand the angst and frustration of this wait. Saving $30K is a big number too. Ugh

Speaking for myself, the 4 is too small. So that was a factor, too. Otherwise I'd have been happy with a 4. All I truly cared about was getting a manual transmission. I sat in both (non Blackwing) and the 5 fit a *lot* better. I had more room in my old '88 Honda CRX back in the day than I have in a CT4-V, which surprised me but that's a fact.

I happen to also have a large preference for the looks of the 5. I dislike the big Y shaped headlights on the front of the 4, and the rear is even worse IMO. Overall size, I am sure the 4 is more "nimble" and easier maneuvering, but I drive large trucks so that makes no difference to me. Sounds like the clutch in the 4 is noticeably lighter than the 5, so that would be appealing.

I prefer supercharger to turbocharger. I hate lag, and even though I suspect it is minimal on the 4, all the reviews bring it up, so it is there. Torque is the attribute I most enjoy, whether it be in a diesel truck or my Triumph Cruiser. The LT4 in this Cadillac is brutal, and in the best way. Saving the 30k would be nice of course, but I would always know it is not the one I really wanted.

Last edited:
I agree with the above. It's probably the biggest reason I haven't jumped on a 4....I really want a 5. That was the goal. The whole V8 thing is what led me to V's in general. If my dealer gets an allocation, I can drop the CF and save $14K. Half of the $30K saved by buying a 4. I just really don't think I'll get a 2022. We're running out of time to get picked up. Then we start all over trying to get a 2023, and who knows what's going to change with the 23's including price. Dang, my head hurts.

I also understand that Sewell has changed their policy. They will NO longer sell out of state. Policy may change in time pending everything.

I also understand that Sewell has changed their policy. They will NO longer sell out of state. Policy may change in time pending everything.
Is that for Blackwings or just in general? I'm an out of state buyer for Sewell Dallas, a V, but not a Blackwing. I should be getting my built car as soon as it can get there. Paperwork already started.

Anyone placed an order at Sewell Dallas in the late August/early Sept timeframe and still at 1100? Just curious

Anyone placed an order at Sewell Dallas in the late August/early Sept timeframe and still at 1100? Just curious
Hey neighbor, Mt. S is 15 mins from me. I placed an order in PA in Sept and still at 1100, first in line, however they haven't received an allocation yet for a 5 but have sold a few 4's, go figure. No C/F on my build as I'm not a fan

Hey neighbor, Mt. S is 15 mins from me. I placed an order in PA in Sept and still at 1100, first in line, however they haven't received an allocation yet for a 5 but have sold a few 4's, go figure. No C/F on my build as I'm not a fan
Haha we should meet up if/when we get our cars. There is another member here from Smithtown who has a 5 BW

Haha we should meet up if/when we get our cars. There is another member here from Smithtown who has a 5 BW
Yea ran into him on one of the winter tire threads. At this rate it may be 2025; getting out of the F'd up 1100 hell hole....LOL

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back