Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Wait times for normal orders

Yea I’ll settle for a rift that has everything I want and then trade it in when all this supply chain stuff clears for one in the color I want. I’m lucky to have secured a built car though. Now if they would just deliver it already. Been built since Nov 30th
Holy shit. That’s crazy. Comforting, but crazy lol

Very informative thread. No longer do I feel like the only one who has waited at least five months with no end in sight. I still have hope:)
Been waiting 10 months. First in line at my dealer. I bought something else 2 weeks ago but will keep my place in line here to see how it pans out.

My order went in end of September, guess you are ahead of me. As we both now, means nothing, more important where you are on a dealer list. I think I read your dealer is a top 50, mine is definitely not.

That said, a very random lead popped up for me today on a new 4 with manual. It is so damn tempting. Save 30k and have it within a month or so, I'm really thinking on it. But for me, it remains the supercharged V8 that is most interesting.

Does anyone know in regards to the 4, I am 5th in line at the MSRP dealership here in the bay area. My main concern is how do I avoid the car being built and just sitting on the lot? Or is it not really an issue for a 4 with no CF?

My order went in end of September, guess you are ahead of me. As we both now, means nothing, more important where you are on a dealer list. I think I read your dealer is a top 50, mine is definitely not.

That said, a very random lead popped up for me today on a new 4 with manual. It is so damn tempting. Save 30k and have it within a month or so, I'm really thinking on it. But for me, it remains the supercharged V8 that is most interesting.
My order went in end of August. Number one in line. Top 50 dealer. Crickets.

I agree 100% with your statement. Have a lead on a beautiful 4BW. Yup, could be in the garage next week. Yup, save $30K. Yup, really want that V8.......what to do? I'm really about done with ALL of it.

My order went in end of August. Number one in line. Top 50 dealer. Crickets.

I agree 100% with your statement. Have a lead on a beautiful 4BW. Yup, could be in the garage next week. Yup, save $30K. Yup, really want that V8.......what to do? I'm really about done with ALL of it.
Do it brother! Get the 4 and patiently wait on the 5, because the fun you will have in it will satisfy you for now...

Do it brother! Get the 4 and patiently wait on the 5, because the fun you will have in it will satisfy you for now...
I think of you every time I debate this in my very full head. If I get the 4, I'd probably wait to get a 2024 5BW, and probably at that point, trade the 4 and my truck for the 5.

Man, I am there with you. I want the V8 too. Maybe the play is indeed to buy the 4 now, enjoy it a year, and then hopefully receive a 5 built to my specs. The 4 I found is orange and black, fairly loaded but has a sunroof and is missing the tech with PDR. 2 things I would do different (I don't want a sunroof and I do want the PDR). But the 4s are much easier to locate than the 5s, at least at MSRP.

I am holding out for the 5.
However if it is not built, or scheduled to be built by the end of 2022 I will most likely bail. If I do bail, will wait till next year and buy a M5.
Don't blame you at all. I have said all along the 5 is the story of the 2022 Blackwings. I don't want to say the 4 is "settling", but the 5 is a much more unique offering that caters to my tastes. I'm sure the 4 is a hoot to drive, especially in the manual, but I don't see myself keeping one long term as I do the 5.

Does anyone know in regards to the 4, I am 5th in line at the MSRP dealership here in the bay area. My main concern is how do I avoid the car being built and just sitting on the lot? Or is it not really an issue for a 4 with no CF?
It's, ahem, SOP for them to send all the cars to the lot I do believe.

The 4BW just cant get no love.... 😥
I'm buying the car for me. The size and power is just right. 5BW is too excessive for me. I'm coming from a GT350, which I was perfectly happy and content with for many years. GT500 doesn't interest me because I don't track my cars, and there's no where sane to use that power. $30k savings is nothing to scoff at either. I know there's people out there that are buying it just for the sake of buying it because it exists above the 4BW and they can't have anything less.

It's, ahem, SOP for them to send all the cars to the lot I do believe.
Days or a couple weeks is fine and normal. Trying to avoid the car sitting on the lot for months. But I'm all new to this, and I could be speaking out of turn. For all I know, #5 on the list for a 4BW non-CF might as well be on the moon and I'm getting way way ahead of myself. But then again, I like to be prepared and know everything I can ahead of time.

Days or a couple weeks is fine and normal. Trying to avoid the car sitting on the lot for months. But I'm all new to this, and I could be speaking out of turn. For all I know, #5 on the list for a 4BW non-CF might as well be on the moon and I'm getting way way ahead of myself. But then again, I like to be prepared and know everything I can ahead of time.
There is a reason the title "Goat Rodeo" comes up here frequently. Grab a cocktail and some popcorn, read a few threads, don't mind the tall guy with a world record of BW's owned, and prepare yourself....to wait like the rest of us. It sucks. Big time. It will also make the delivery day that much more exciting. It's a true test of patience.
5OC7dlh.jpg

There is a reason the title "Goat Rodeo" comes up here frequently. Grab a cocktail and some popcorn, read a few threads, don't mind the tall guy with a world record of BW's owned, and prepare yourself....to wait like the rest of us. It sucks. Big time. It will also make the delivery day that much more exciting. It's a true test of patience.

Thanks for the succinct rundown. I go through the threads and people don't usually mention if it's a 4 or 5 that they are updating the status on so it was hard to get a grasp on the whole situation.

Some have it noted below the SN <----

Fortunately for you I think the 4's are moving in and out much quicker than the 5's. Welcome to the show.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back