Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Wait times for normal orders

How many BW's have been built?
How many of them didn't get the CF they wanted?
How many would jump on an aftermarket?
Question #1 has me wondering if the initial work would actually pay off for an aftermarket group to make.

How many BW's have been built?
How many of them didn't get the CF they wanted?
How many would jump on an aftermarket?
Question #1 has me wondering if the initial work would actually pay off for an aftermarket group to make.
I would definitely jump on an aftermarket spoiler.

I'm buying the car for me. The size and power is just right. 5BW is too excessive for me. I'm coming from a GT350, which I was perfectly happy and content with for many years. GT500 doesn't interest me because I don't track my cars, and there's no where sane to use that power. $30k savings is nothing to scoff at either. I know there's people out there that are buying it just for the sake of buying it because it exists above the 4BW and they can't have anything less.

Having owned both GT 350’s in GT500s, the GT 350 is the track car, not the GT500. That’s always been the history and the difference between the two versions.

I bought the black wing for for the same reasons. I know the five is the special one but the IV works just fine!

Attachments

• E89587A9-F024-4396-861A-0CE1B36AC6DC.jpeg
    E89587A9-F024-4396-861A-0CE1B36AC6DC.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 103
  • A2927C7B-87C3-48B2-A912-9B9CDC346589.jpeg
    A2927C7B-87C3-48B2-A912-9B9CDC346589.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 100
  • 21CF2ABD-5B2A-4DF6-810D-1157EAC5BE19.jpeg
    21CF2ABD-5B2A-4DF6-810D-1157EAC5BE19.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
Having owned both GT 350’s in GT500s, the GT 350 is the track car, not the GT500. That’s always been the history and the difference between the two versions.

I bought the black wing for for the same reasons. I know the five is the special one but the IV works just fine!
Funny enough, the wifey convinced me on orange. Going from rift with bronze wheels to blaze orange with black wheels. I'm thinking blue brake calipers. There's a lack of Blackwing distinction on these cars so I think the bright, and awesome orange color will help make the car pop a bit more. Hence toning down the visuals on the wheels and letting the paint do most of the work.

How do you like the orange in person? Ive basically only ever had muted colors: black, white, and gray so this is definitely out of my comfort zone color-wise. I'm always worried about the cops attention too. Theyve never caught me on a speeding ticket in the Shelby but they definitely will get me on illegal tints and no front plates if they wanted to. Which they did, and can in the future with the 4BW if I can get my hands on one.

Funny enough, the wifey convinced me on orange. Going from rift with bronze wheels to blaze orange with black wheels. I'm thinking blue brake calipers. There's a lack of Blackwing distinction on these cars so I think the bright, and awesome orange color will help make the car pop a bit more. Hence toning down the visuals on the wheels and letting the paint do most of the work.

How do you like the orange in person? Ive basically only ever had muted colors: black, white, and gray so this is definitely out of my comfort zone color-wise. I'm always worried about the cops attention too. Theyve never caught me on a speeding ticket in the Shelby but they definitely will get me on illegal tints and no front plates if they wanted to. Which they did, and can in the future with the 4BW if I can get my hands on one.
I got Blaze Orange as well, haven't seen it in person yet though. I'm sure I'll love it, but I'm partial to orange. My 19 Shelby is Orange Fury.

IMG_0643.jpg

I got Blaze Orange as well, haven't seen it in person yet though. I'm sure I'll love it, but I'm partial to orange. My 19 Shelby is Orange Fury.

View attachment 7523
I will say there's not one single bad color on a Shelby, except Black only because it hides all the beautiful lines of the car.

Do you have an ETA of your car?

I am an orange boy here.

I hope I don't affend anyone here, but being a bit of a snooty designer, the orange just doesn't play nice with the caliper color options.

They compete with the color too much. The standard GRAY is what I went with as it doesn't compete in tone and value. The Bronze is in the family of the orange and so is the red. The closest to working is the Bronze to my eye, but still competed with the Orange while the Gray just dies back. The Blue makes no sense to me with the orange.

I am an orange boy here.

I hope I don't affend anyone here, but being a bit of a snooty designer, the orange just doesn't play nice with the caliper color options.

They compete with the color too much. The standard GRAY is what I went with as it doesn't compete in tone and value. The Bronze is in the family of the orange and so is the red. The closest to working is the Bronze to my eye, but still competed with the Orange while the Gray just dies back. The Blue makes no sense to me with the orange.
Never been a Jeff Gordon fan I take it.

I am an orange boy here.

I can respect that. In my eyes, blue does work. I don't want gray colored brakes as that's what I had on the GT350, and looks too... regular. I'm leaning towards red however since I might as well match it with the red seat belts and the $500 steering wheel with the red loop/line whatever they call at top dead center, also the red colored key fob looks great.

But like you said, none of the colors truly work well with orange. Damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

I can respect that. In my eyes, blue does work. I don't want gray colored brakes as that's what I had on the GT350, and looks too... regular. I'm leaning towards red however since I might as well match it with the red seat belts and the $500 steering wheel with the red loop/line whatever they call at top dead center, also the red colored key fob looks great.

But like you said, none of the colors truly work well with orange. Damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.
I did the red belts and red striped wheel for some color on the inside too.

The Orange does so much of the heavy lifting for the wow factor. I did miss the contrast color on the key so I ordered a good matching metallic orange Vinyl to put on the key.

My other car has a custom mixed orange color on the Brembos that I also sprayed on the valve cover.

Attachments

• 204045984_306476814520731_8469716663559541188_n.jpg
    204045984_306476814520731_8469716663559541188_n.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 242674014_914451949487083_2747326632337704691_n.jpg
    242674014_914451949487083_2747326632337704691_n.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 83
The blue brakes are badass. I went Rift with blue calipers AND red belts/steering wheel ring. Murica!
The Blue brakes on most other colors is awesome. Just not feeling it on an Blaze Orange car.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back