Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Winter Wheels and Tires

Maybe I missed it in the thread; has anyone tried the Michelin PS4 A/S? I know it’s not a winter tire, but I live in North Texas so just need an A/S for low temp. They look like they are a no brainer as a direct swap for our PS4’s. I’ve used them on a couple other cars and liked em, but Anyone had any experience with them on our car?

Also ilooks like Discount Tire has em in stock 😁.

I have them on my 09 CTS-V. They are good for living somewhere cold without much snow (NC in my case). They are nowhere near as good and the summer 4S but at least you won't slide off the road when it's less than 30 degrees out. On the 09 V you can't go more than about 1/2 throttle in 1st gear on the AS. But braking and cornering are decent. I put them on in November and take the off in April. I would like to do them on the 5BW if I ever get it but they don't come in the correct sizes.

I have them on my 09 CTS-V. They are good for living somewhere cold without much snow (NC in my case). They are nowhere near as good and the summer 4S but at least you won't slide off the road when it's less than 30 degrees out. On the 09 V you can't go more than about 1/2 throttle in 1st gear on the AS. But braking and cornering are decent. I put them on in November and take the off in April. I would like to do them on the 5BW if I ever get it but they don't come in the correct sizes.
Awesome thanks for the heads up. That sounds like what Im looking for - I don’t need snow tires, just something that still works if it dips below freezing. I’ll probably copy what you did with your CTS. Sorry to hear they don’t make em in 5BW sizes. Thanks again.

Maybe I missed it in the thread; has anyone tried the Michelin PS4 A/S? I know it’s not a winter tire, but I live in North Texas so just need an A/S for low temp. They look like they are a no brainer as a direct swap for our PS4’s. I’ve used them on a couple other cars and liked em, but Anyone had any experience with them on our car?

Also ilooks like Discount Tire has em in stock 😁.
I have them on my car, 255 in front and 285 in back (no 275's were around at the time of buying). I really like them. They lose a tiny bit of steering sharpness, but make up for it with a tiny bit of noise reduction and ride quality improvement. They also lose that skittish feeling the PS4S's have when cold. YMMV, but I'm a fan.

Amazing - thanks so much. I didn't know that would fit. Ordering now. Cheers!
Update: Ended up going with the Blizzaks (255/35/18 all around) since the Michelins are backordered into oblivion. Huge thanks for the recommendation! So far, so good. I tested on a couple snowy/icy patches but nothing major yet. (That's all that was available; the rest had already melted. :)) Will give it a proper go when we get more snow.

Another update (that didn't take long 🤣): This thing is a beast with the Blizzaks. I am not only pleasantly surprised but shocked. Coming from an AWD car on A/S, the BW with winter boots handles the weather far better.

We got over a foot of snow, and most roads are not plowed. (This pic was in a cleared lot.) Little to no sliding and stopped on a dime. I'm extremely impressed.

Attachments

• IMG_5154.jpg
    IMG_5154.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 174
Another update (that didn't take long 🤣): This thing is a beast with the Blizzaks. I am not only pleasantly surprised but shocked. Coming from an AWD car on A/S, the BW with winter boots handles the weather far better.

We got over a foot of snow, and most roads are not plowed. (This pic was in a cleared lot.) Little to no sliding and stopped on a dime. I'm extremely impressed.

The Blizzaks are great for one season. They won't work that well if you try to save them for a 2nd winter. I used them on my old S4 when we lived in Colorado.

For the guys going with all seasons, what are you doing with your summers? Just curious as I'm having a hard time finding a shop to install winters on my OEM wheels as they are not OEM sizing and may now consider going to all seasons.

For the guys going with all seasons, what are you doing with your summers? Just curious as I'm having a hard time finding a shop to install winters on my OEM wheels as they are not OEM sizing and may now consider going to all seasons.
My tire guys raised it with me on my winters (265 rears) and I just told them I'd have no issues signing a waiver or whatever they needed.

They installed them and didn't have me sign anything. No issues.

You just need to find a sketchier shop! I'm currently using my all seasons as winters, and swapping the summers back on in March/April. Though by then I'm hoping to purchase a 2nd set of wheels, now that more are becoming available.

I put 225 and 245 tires on 9/9.5" wheels, and my shop had no issues at all. It's all within the tire manufacturer's spec...

These are the ct4 tech bronzes and prices from gmpartsdirect

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
85155512​
Wheel​
$678.22​
2​
$1,356.44​
85155513​
Wheel​
$678.22​
2​
$1,356.44​
13538760​
Sensor (Replaces Part Number 13529770)​
$26.34​
4​
$105.36​

Subtotal:
$2,818.24​
Shipping: $133.21​
Total: $2,951.45​

Does anyone have the part numbers for the 4vbw satin graphite wheels (and/or recommended online sellers)? I am very excited to be getting a 4vbw next month, and being in Boston, will be getting a second set of wheels for winter. (I sourced some 275 Blizzak lm32s for the rear on ebay.) Thanks, I'm looking forward to learning from y'all.-Ted

Does anyone have the part numbers for the 4vbw satin graphite wheels (and/or recommended online sellers)? I am very excited to be getting a 4vbw next month, and being in Boston, will be getting a second set of wheels for winter. (I sourced some 275 Blizzak lm32s for the rear on ebay.) Thanks, I'm looking forward to learning from y'all.-Ted
What tires will you run on the front?

That would be the backup plan, but I don't like the stretched look I've seen on that setup in the rear, nor the reduced diameter. Plus, I was able to locate the stock size, so I don't see a reason to deviate from the setup the car was engineered for.

That would be the backup plan, but I don't like the stretched look I've seen on that setup in the rear, nor the reduced diameter. Plus, I was able to locate the stock size, so I don't see a reason to deviate from the setup the car was engineered for.
I'm worried that the effort to match the factory stagger/width will be offset by mismatched tread compounds/patterns. For example, IMO the X-ice are the best winter tires I've ever owned, and Blizzaks were pretty far behind, especially in terms of wet grip. But I hope your setup works out for you.

Yeah, it's basically choosing the least-bad scenario to get me through the winter for now. Hopefully can find a better scenario when supply shortages ease. I did the same thing with my current car, a 350-hp WRX (now totalled thanks to a teenager, hence the new 4bw), where I had to toss an otherwise barely worn Pilot Supersport that was damaged. I put two new PS4s on to see how it would work, which in theory are quite different tires, but in reality I couldn't detect any difference. If this new mismatched setup turns out to handle poorly, I'll go square.

After much deliberation and multiple Tire Rack orders I went the all season route. Even though it has been an extremely mild winter so far I am just not going to drive this car in snowy conditions. Remote work and teenagers with a car I can use made it a fairly easy decision. I had Conti DWS06 on my GTI and really wanted them again but no XL load in the rears made me go with Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 - so far so good. Appreciate all the ideas and brainstorming on this topic and will keep an eye on it to see where it goes with wheel and tire options down the road. 400 mile OEM Pilot Sports for sale in the classifieds if anyone needs a second set already:

For Sale - FS: CT4-V Blackwing Tires

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners